Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #211
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
That is disgusting. Those people should be ashamed of themselves.
I hope whoever is editing the page isn't the parents. They shouldn't have to read that stuff.
Mickey'snewestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #212
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Sanctimonious, self righteous idiots. Bad things happen to good people.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #213
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Sanctimonious, self righteous idiots. Bad things happen to good people.

And the thing is, there is nothing you can say to these parents that they haven't already said to themselves. You think that they don't blame themselves? As a parent, I can say that anytime my daughter gets hurt, I question every decision I made up to the injury. I do this whether the injury is her getting bit by a uncle's dog all the way down to just falling off a slide. I can assure you that they are questioning everything they did in this situation. The absolute last thing they need is for strangers to start telling them all that went wrong and how it could have been prevented. Hindsight is always 20/20.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #214
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I guess some people are perfect and never make a mistake. When a child accidentally fell into a dog exhibit at the Pittsburgh Zoo, people posted how stupid the mother was to hold him up to the rail. Today the Zoo announced the dogs are being moved to other zoos, people are hurling the insults again. Someone even posted that they are being punished for the mother's stupidity (because they can't see the dogs). Sad.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #215
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Some folks have a big black hole, where their heart should be..
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #216
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

And some rationalize. If they do everything right, nothing bad can happen. So if something bad happened to a child, the parents "must have done something wrong".

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Old 04-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #217
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Truthfully some people are just nosy. They hide their desire to know what happened by claiming compassion and finding a way to avoid something like this in the future.

This family has enough to deal with. They don't need nosy questions and ignorant comments.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #218
AC7179
DIS Veteran

My heart breaks for them.

For those with medical knowledge, does the extensive damage in those areas make the changes of him ever "waking up" slim? I keep hoping for a miracle and have read that they've happened. I just didn't know if his brain can reroute those maps. Prayers for the poor baby. ;(
AC7179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #219
Robbi
DIS Veteran

People can be such fools. DO they not understand what an accident is?
accident-An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #220
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
People can be such fools. DO they not understand what an accident is?
accident-An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
Tragic, just tragic. But not an accident! It was a death by drowning. Given the circumstances, an unsupervised kid playing around a crowded pool, it was an event that could be anticipated. It was certainly,preventable, even with no lifeguard on duty.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #221
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
Tragic, just tragic. But not an accident! It was a death by drowning. Given the circumstances, an unsupervised kid playing around a crowded pool, it was an event that could be anticipated. It was certainly,preventable, even with no lifeguard on duty.
I haven't heard he died.

Would you be more happy with incident?

Let's all change the event to a possible anticipated preventable tragic incident. There.

Hope you never have one.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #222
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
It was a tragic accident.
Quote:
The following was posted yesterday on another Disney message board; it was written by a relative of the family and is in response to the negative remarks that were on the thread. They do also give thanks to those who have been supportive:

Shame on you....shame on all of you who have passed judgment on people you don't know, and a situation you were nowhere near. I am a relative of this family and until now, I thought people like you were not worth the time and effort to give a response. This was a terrible, tragic ACCIDENT, that is all. Sorry to disappoint you and give you nothing to gossip about to others. Chase's parents are two of the most God-loving, diligent parents I know, who are deeply involved in every aspect of their children's' lives. Do you understand that if they were doing the things you accuse them of, such as drinking and not being watchful, that the authorities would have acted on this? If all of you are such avid cruisers as you claim, you would certainly know that when a ship leaves port, there are thousands of people on the upper decks, swimming, drinking, tanning, and taking in the whole experience. Chase was a sweet and active little four-year old boy who slipped away from his parents and got lost in the crowd. They didn't just "suddenly become aware" that he was missing when he had been pulled from the pool. They didn't allow him to go into a pool without them. They didn't leave the two older siblings to watch him. The truth is that they had been searching for him that ENTIRE time he was missing!!! Can you imagine the panic and fear any parent would feel during that time? Another item to point out, Chase was believed to have been underwater for 10-15 minutes and not a single person, staff or guest, noticed. NOT ONE!!! Does this not clearly point out the large number of people and commotion in that area at the time of the accident?? Chase fought for his life and survived. He now has a long battle ahead of him with a grim outlook. People like you are not helping the cause. I believe in the power of voicing opinions and the internet. You are entitled to your "opinion" but just as human beings, I beg you to be responsible about the things you say. I pray to God that they never see the horrible things posted on this thread. For those of you who supported them this last week, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/so-sad.862525/page-4
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #223
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss

In order for you to pass that judgment you would have to know the details of the incident. And since you already have misinformation in your statement I am guessing that you were not there when the boy was injured and that you do not know how it happened.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #224
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Truthfully some people are just nosy. They hide their desire to know what happened by claiming compassion and finding a way to avoid something like this in the future.

This family has enough to deal with. They don't need nosy questions and ignorant comments.
Definitely. People have this weird desire to know details and hide it with weak excuses.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #225
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
In order for you to pass that judgment you would have to know the details of the incident. And since you already have misinformation in your statement I am guessing that you were not there when the boy was injured and that you do not know how it happened.

Geez. The post you quoted just proves the point we are trying to make. Passing judgement about an accident. Even better that they have wrong information and other information that they don't know to be true.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: