DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Check in online?

I've never done it before. We are renting points this year, we rented last year too and didnt know about online check in then. When can I do it? Can I even do it on borrowed points? Is there benefit of online check in over just waiting till you get there? What about if I have room requests? We are staying at AKL twice with a break at BLT in the middle (going for 3 weeks) so would be doing 3 check ins.

Thanks very much for the help.

(Ps I hope I put this in the right section?)
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
duckie0517
Have a magical day

yes you can

The people I rent out my points to have used online check-in.
I have used online check-in. I love it. I dont' have to stand at the counter for 30 min while they ask me questions and type in my information. With online check-in I can make a room request before I get there and it does ask if your celebrating an occassion.

3 reservation numbers so 3 check-ins (either online or regular).
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
When can I do it?
Beginning 60 days from arrival.
Quote:
Can I even do it on borrowed points?
Yes
Quote:
Is there benefit of online check in over just waiting till you get there?
Online check-in is supposed to reduce the amount of time it takes to get your welcome packet once you arrive at the resort. Your welcome packet will contain your KTTW cards and all the information about the resort.
Quote:
What about if I have room requests?
Online check-in will (depending on resort) accept limited room requests.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Can I ask a question too.... I've done online check in for every trip since it was introduced. For this trip it's a little different b/c i didn't book an actual package. We rented points at AKV and I plan on buying our park passes and have them added to our KTTW card at check in. I would still like to do online check in. You think that would be ok?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

I did online check-in for my upcoming ressies, and think I may regret it. It's never taken me very long to check in anyway (seldom had much of a wait, and not much for them to do in the way of typing or anything). I was hoping there were better options for room requests, but the only one with anything helpful was SSR. Now I expect I'm going to be stuck with keys with charging built in, which I don't like to have on my room key.
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap
I did online check-in for my upcoming ressies, and think I may regret it. It's never taken me very long to check in anyway (seldom had much of a wait, and not much for them to do in the way of typing or anything). I was hoping there were better options for room requests, but the only one with anything helpful was SSR. Now I expect I'm going to be stuck with keys with charging built in, which I don't like to have on my room key.
You can have the charges removed from the cards when you check in at resort.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
duckie0517
Have a magical day

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Can I ask a question too.... I've done online check in for every trip since it was introduced. For this trip it's a little different b/c i didn't book an actual package. We rented points at AKV and I plan on buying our park passes and have them added to our KTTW card at check in. I would still like to do online check in. You think that would be ok?
yes...anyone can do an online check as long as you know the reservation number.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

I cant access the check in page??? When I click on the link it brings up a new disney quote page??? Does anyone know another way to do it? Can I phone?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
I cant access the check in page??? When I click on the link it brings up a new disney quote page??? Does anyone know another way to do it? Can I phone?
Make sure you are not logged on to any Disney affiliated webpages, then go to: MyDisneyReservation.com
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

I just tried to do on-line check in and it said I needed to register a credit card. I have never had to do this for previous check-ins. Why now? I won't put a CC on file. Should I call guest services?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
I just tried to do on-line check in and it said I needed to register a credit card. I have never had to do this for previous check-ins. Why now? I won't put a CC on file. Should I call guest services?
On-line check-in requires a CC# and will automatically give most KTTW cards charging capabilities. There's a cut off by age and I'm not sure what it is.

The only way around this is to not complete the on-line check-in process and check-in at the resort. If you check-in at the resort and do not put a CC on file, you will not have room charging capabilities.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #12
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm

Make sure you are not logged on to any Disney affiliated webpages, then go to: MyDisneyReservation.com
Thankyou for that

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: