DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
SumWhrOvrThRanBo
Mouseketeer

AKV Sunset Mingle...

Upon renting DVC points from an private party I found online they sent me an email with wonderful information about AKV & different tips and recommendations for my Disney vacation...
One of their suggestions was--
"The first day you arrive, go to the left hand rear of the lobby at Jambo and register for the Sunset Mingle. It is a by invitation gathering of guests. It is put on by DVC, but you don't have to be a member to attend. It's an hour of silly fun and lots of good food. There isn't a sales pitch, so no worry. But, you will get a full stomach! It was being held on M & W at 5 pm. But, as I said, you need to register to attend. It does fill up, so go the first day you arrive to register."
Still in the back of my mind I wonder if this is in fact a DVC sales pitch. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of a hard sell on my vacation. Is this event legitimate? Have you ever attended? Do you recommend it??

Thanks!!

Keith (daddy) Jayna (mama) Alyssa (17)
Ryan (15) Jacob (9) Nolan (7) Macy (06/15/12)
SumWhrOvrThRanBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

I could be wrong, but is this possibly a Welcome home Wednesday thing???

<--- too new to DVC to know all the ins and outs...

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

Not a Welcome Home Wednesday thing. That is over by Boardwalk and is a members only thing. (DizDaD7, you should try this out at least once. It's kinda corny but a must-do at least once. Lots of games and give-aways. Members also get a DVC Member baseball cap.)

The Sunset Mingle is legit and no hard sell. In fact, when we went, there was no sales pitch at all. They have a buffet of hot and cold appetizers and an assortment of drinks and desserts. When we went there were 2 consecutive mingles on the porches outside the lobby. Ours was more tame, we played one game and there was a raffle for a gift card. The other side seemed more rockin. They played more games and there was lots of laughter coming from across the way. We didn't mind, we had a nice evening meeting other guests and just hanging out.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

It's a PR thing put on by DVD, the sales group for the DVC. They have these types of events to make you feel better about ownership and to maybe make a sale if you request it. The reason that they are having it at AKV is because that's the resort that they are actively selling.

They had a similar event at BLT when they were actively selling that resort.

If you have the time, free food and drink.

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:18 AM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I found our February Activities sheet from AKL:

Quote:
Sundown Mingle (Mon&Wed)
Jambo House - Asante Lobby Terrace

Enjoy delicious hors d'oeuvres and drinks as you saver the slow pace oflife on the savanna. You must RSVP for this fun-filled get-together at the Disney Vacation Club Desk located in the lobby. Complimentary children's programming is available for ages 3-12 years old. All children must be independent in their toileting needs.

It was quite nice, and very relaxing. They had us do little games to get to talk to other people, which normally I resist as I am uncomfortable doing them (and don't care to leave my comfort zone), but I tried it out and it was fun. I mean...what's hard about talking about DVC and how nice it is to have a vacation with like-minded people, right?

For whatever reason, I thought it was for owners, but there's nothing that says that on the Activities sheet. So I suppose I was wrong.

By the way, we RSVPd at a DVC kiosk in Magic Kingdom, just an hour before the event. Suddenly decided we were done at MK and wanted to go, so hurried to a kiosk!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: