Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
incendiaryhiro
Earning My Ears

Disney CP-Dorms and Roles

So, I was recently accepted into the Disney College Program (yay!) and I was wondering about the dorms. Which one would be the best to stay in? I was thinking about Chatham Square, so it's not super expensive, but also not as full of parties as I hear about Vista Way. Any opinions?

Also, my role is Main Entrance Operations, can anyone give me some insight to exactly the kinds of things I will be doing on a daily basis?
incendiaryhiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

First off, Congrats!

All of this information is gleaned to what friends who have done the program have told me, I will not be there until August!

Vista is the loudest apartment. If you're into socialization, this would be the apartment for you. However, I have had friends that lived in Vista that are not partiers and they were perfectly fine. Vista is the oldest and it does show its age.

Patterson is the newest and most expensive of the three complexes (CPers can also now stay in The Commons, but I have no idea about those because they were just opened to CPers this Spring, so I won't talk about them, maybe someone down there now can say something about them) and it's also the quietest. Personally, I'm planning on staying in Patterson because it's newest and I like quiet. However, friends who have visited there have told me it can be too quiet at times.

Chatham is kind of a mix of the two. It's quiet but there's always something going on, so if you like to party and you stay in Chatham, there are still plenty of parties. It's also the same price as Patterson weekly. Chatham is more convenient because it has its own bus stop, while Patterson shared Chatham's bus stop so if you don't have a car, you might have to walk to get to the bus.

As for information about MEO, it is my understanding that you operate the turnstiles and are a greeter at the front of the park. You are the first face guests see when they get to Disney, and the last face they see when they're leaving!

I hope this helps!

WDW DCP Alumnus - Merchandise - DAK Discovery Island

The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions of the Walt Disney company or any affiliates.
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
lego606
Mouseketeer

And Carnegie Plaza (Disneyland's) is the best apartment! :P
Old 03-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
incendiaryhiro
Earning My Ears

Thanks!! I have time to think about where I want to stay, I guess. I'm also going to be there in August. On the 26th.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incendiaryhiro View Post
So, I was recently accepted into the Disney College Program (yay!) and I was wondering about the dorms. Which one would be the best to stay in? I was thinking about Chatham Square, so it's not super expensive, but also not as full of parties as I hear about Vista Way. Any opinions?

Also, my role is Main Entrance Operations, can anyone give me some insight to exactly the kinds of things I will be doing on a daily basis?
From what I have looked up (youtube, blogs, friends from school), it doesnt really matter where you stay. That being said Vista is the oldest, and shows its age but is in no way a dump. Patterson is the newest and most expensive but has some nice perks (having your own washer/dryer). You can find alot of stuff online though through googling each place and looking up videos on youtube if you want pics or just more info.

Personally Im gonna try for Chatham, with 3 rooms so that I have enough roomates that if I dont like 1 or 2, there will be a couple others to befriend but not so many that it seems like it could feel crowded. Also this way I save a little bit of money. If I dont get that then I plan on Patterson, and then Vista. My only complaint other than the money when it comes to Patterson is having to walk to the buses. I do have a car and will be bringing it down but I hope to utilize the transportation to save on gas. I'm also not much of partier, I will be down there to work and try to get a start on a career within Disney (network, work on portfolio stuff, w.e) and I hope my room mates will appreciate that; but it does come down to who you live with and around not where you live when it comes to things like parties.
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude
Patterson is the newest and most expensive but has some nice perks (having your own washer/dryer).
Just to clarify. Patterson does NOT have washers and dryers in the apartment. They have laundry rooms throughout the complex like at Chatham. Vista has laundry on the 1st floor of each building.

The Commons, which is now open to all CPs and not just internationals has its own washers and dryers in the units.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Just to clarify. Patterson does NOT have washers and dryers in the apartment. They have laundry rooms throughout the complex like at Chatham. Vista has laundry on the 1st floor of each building.

The Commons, which is now open to all CPs and not just internationals has its own washers and dryers in the units.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hmmmm.... then somebody lied XD (i think that was from a youtube video or something?) thanks for clarifying though
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
incendiaryhiro
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the info. I'm still not really sure about where I want to stay, because I'd like to keep and save some money not spend it all on where I'm living and food. So maybe Chatham or the Commons. Still not sure. But I have until August to figure it out. If anyone has pressing questions that you can't find an exact answer to you can ask and I'll ask a couple of my friends who have done the program. They've been a super help to me. And I'd love to help someone else if needed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: