DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Mflaherty
Mouseketeer

Gonna miss daily maid service

I am almost a member..closed and waiting for that number! It dawned on me how much I'm going to miss that clean room with beds made when I return from the day. That's one of the best parts of vacation. I'm a mom of 2 toddlers and do not want to make beds or clean on a vacation. I am still very excited to be a member!
Mflaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Sounds like its almost time for a Welcome Home!!!

I actually have grown to like the fact that I don't have to straighten for the housekeeper every day, plus I don't have to stress about making sure I have cash everyday to tip the housekeeper.

If you really miss it, you can pay a little extra to add housekeeping.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Djsgoofy
Earning My Ears

It is so nice not to come back to the room to find the maids in your room or the room not cleaned yet. I got used to it really quickly!
Djsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Mflaherty
Mouseketeer

I was hoping someone would say that! Thanks! Both posts made me feel better about it
Mflaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

I initially thought this was something I would really miss, but discovered that it something I don't miss at all! I don't have toddlers anymore my kids are 16 and 19 but they certainly aren't "neat"....LOL!

I don't bother making the bed either. Sometimes DH will "fix" the bed in our room, but it doesn't matter much to us anymore.

I think you will find it not that big of a deal, but if you do, like PP said you can pay for the cleaning if you like.

Congrats on your membership and enjoy!

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
rquebral
Earning My Ears

If you stay concierge at AKL they still make your beds, have turn down service and chocolates on your pillow!!! We have done it once. While we loved the service, we would rather use our points to go more than once per year.
rquebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflaherty View Post
I am almost a member..closed and waiting for that number! It dawned on me how much I'm going to miss that clean room with beds made when I return from the day. That's one of the best parts of vacation. I'm a mom of 2 toddlers and do not want to make beds or clean on a vacation. I am still very excited to be a member!
You really won't......as I read your OP, I thought, oh yeah, there isn't daily service. (And I have three kids!)

I would so much rather have the washer and dryer available than daily house keeping. The ease of throwing a load in and packing less is priceless in my opinion and definitely helps to keep the villa cleaner than any hotel I have stayed in with my family (since I keep up with their dirty clothes and we tend to pack much less).
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflaherty View Post
You always have the option to pay for it. You can have it on certain days or all days. In 14 years, I've never missed it. In fact, on my last trip I left the DND sign out on trash & towel day.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
missycj96
DIS Veteran

Before we joined dvc, we stayed at ssr on points. It was my first timeshare experience and i had no idea there was no housekeeping -i couldnt believe it. Since then we bought into dvc and i got used to it and dont miss it much anymore.
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
crisi
DIS Veteran

I miss it. Not enough to pay for it, but I miss it. I like having a maid make my bed. I don't feel like I have to pick up for a maid, we throw clothes over the chair or in a laundry bag as we take them off and there is little additional cleaning up to do. It will be one of the things I'll be happy to have back once the kids are grown and we go back to hotels.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #11
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Try this one. You've been in the parks with the kids and they are tired and hot. You want to take a nap. But you get back to your hotel room and the housekeeper is just getting started. No nap time for you.

With DVC, you just crawl right back into that bed.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #12
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

We don't care to have strangers in our room. Even on T&T day we usually just get the fresh towels and supplies and give back the dirty towels.

We take the trash out as we leave the room for the day, no big deal.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
We don't care to have strangers in our room. Even on T&T day we usually just get the fresh towels and supplies and give back the dirty towels.

We take the trash out as we leave the room for the day, no big deal.

Bill

This is the same as DW and I. Even when I stay on a cash reservation, I leave the do not disturb sign on the door 24/7.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

We add housekeeping for most of our days. Usually 5 out of 7, or thereabouts. We are on vacation, we have 3 kids, we spend a lot of time at home cleaning up. I'm happy to pay a few bucks to come back to a clean room.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #15
quirty30
DIS Veteran

I honestly thought I would miss it as well, but I just take 10 minutes in the morning to make the bed & tidy up before we head out. It only takes a bit of discipline & I still get to come back to a "made up" room. I do the same thing now when I stay at hotels.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: