DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #31
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post

Get over yourself .. Sheesh
Wow, exactly my point!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #32
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post

The OP came to the DVC boards and basically told everyone that bought in that we were all stupid and scammed. How else is one to read that? He(?) was completely at "fault" for his situation and somehow, he's not owning it (bad pun). I personally, am VERY tired of people not owning their responsibilities these days. SOmeone gets their nose out of joint and suddenly its someone else's fault and they're going to scream to the high heavens.

Then again, it was a second post. Not sure it wasn't someone just looking to start a little sumpin'.
He did not tell everyone they were stupid! And I definitely was not looking to start something. I just was surprised. Never thought I would then be attacked. Sorry if I offended you. Just hoped that attacking people was not what this community was about.
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #33
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

It is sort of bizarre that they posted that with no details and haven't replied to anything. Seems like they were just trying to get people riled up rather than have a legitimate conversation, and it worked.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #34
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaj1431 View Post
As I said, I was only talking about"some" of the responses. And some, were not as you say putting an effort in. Although the tone of the OP was somewhat extreme he was not attacking any one person rather a system he was unhappy with. If certain posters were unhappy with his tone they could merely state that, rather than Attack his character. It is essentially doing exactly as he did but with a person rather than a system. Cant we all just be nice?
The fact that anyone "fed this troll" and decided to even post on this thread after reading the OP, is beyond me. I see stuff like this and usually roll my eyes and move on. The intent of the OP was clearly to bait and hook. And that's exactly what happened. Notice he/she hasn't been back.

But really, the internet is full of a lot of different, um, kinds. And in short, no, not everyone is nice. Every internet chat/board/thread site is the same in that respect. You will stress yourself out trying to be the internet "police". Although I do admire your attempt.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #35
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

In the world of Timeshares, DVC is probably the least loss generating one out there. Most timeshare organizations sell at full price and most lose at least 50% of value once you have bought and try to resell. At least with DVC, they artificially prop up the prices. While we did not buy for investment, its not as bad as the rest. And we can sell at about 80% of what we bought it at, although we have no plans to sell.

I did not know about the resale market when we initially bought but do not have any regrets having purchased through DVC. My family has thoroughly enjoyed our time there,

Never really had a problem booking in the last 6 years. Although at this point, I am starting to buy resale since we really do not go on cruises. We owned a boat and DW does not want to spend any more time on the water. Of course she is comparing a 30 foot sailboat to a 1100+ foot cruiser. Slight difference and there are no winches to grind or sails to fold.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #36
mom of princessx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
It is sort of bizarre that they posted that with no details and haven't replied to anything. Seems like they were just trying to get people riled up rather than have a legitimate conversation, and it worked.

Agreed and they don't seem to care to come back and clarify.

ME DH DD9 DD6
mom of princessx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #37
ssawka
DIS Veteran

The thing that always amazes me about timeshares is that people will spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a whim without doing research. It has been stated on this site before that most DVC owners buy while on vacation. This is something I would never do. I research practically everything before I purchase, with the exception of maybe food and clothing. In fact, I never thought I'd own a timeshare and have always avoided timeshare incentives (Free Trips, free tickets, etc.) like the plauge. If DVC was not run by Disney, I probably would have avoided this one as well.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #38
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaj1431 View Post
He did not tell everyone they were stupid! And I definitely was not looking to start something. I just was surprised. Never thought I would then be attacked. Sorry if I offended you. Just hoped that attacking people was not what this community was about.
First I can see you are new to this and if you stay around for a while, you will learn you have to be able to take the heat if you come into the kitchen.

No one attacked him, they posted responses based on his initial posting.

Basically I find the posting highly inflammatory and insulting to DVC. Unless he is going to provide facts to back up his statement, then yes, he is going to get called on it.

People around here don't mince words they say what they feel and I saw no one out of line, but they don't flower their comments.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
The thing that always amazes me about timeshares is that people will spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a whim without doing research. It has been stated on this site before that most DVC owners buy while on vacation. This is something I would never do. I research practically everything before I purchase, with the exception of maybe food and clothing. In fact, I never thought I'd own a timeshare and have always avoided timeshare incentives (Free Trips, free tickets, etc.) like the plauge. If DVC was not run by Disney, I probably would have avoided this one as well.
It was totally the Disney part that sold us on it. We like to travel, would like the opportunity to stay in nicer places, and we know that Disney doesn't do things halfway. We figured if it was approved by Disney, including the RCI exchanges, then we would approve. We would not have bought another timeshare.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #40
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
It was totally the Disney part that sold us on it. We like to travel, would like the opportunity to stay in nicer places, and we know that Disney doesn't do things halfway. We figured if it was approved by Disney, including the RCI exchanges, then we would approve. We would not have bought another timeshare.

That is exactly how most people feel and Disney spends a lot of money to make us feel that way.

The truth is Disney is a business and the longer your relationship with them, the more you see behind the curtain. Disney is still a wonderful place to vacation but our experience with the DVC has proved to us that many of their decisions are based on increasing profit while negatively affecting the owners.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #41
G2MAmber
Work at Gateway To Magic

Saw this thread and decided to reply! My family and I are finally at the place where we could purchase a small amount of points through resale. Our offer has been accepted so we still have a little ways to go!

We have been wanting to get into dvc for some time and just love so many things about disney, it truly is the most magical place I have ever been! There is always something new, fun, and family friendly there for us!

I will say dvc is certainly not for everyone so I could see how one may feel they have been scammed but most scams take place because one hasn't done ample research.

There really is no way you couldn't know what you were buying into... Timeshares are timeshares, I don't feel disney lies about any of the information, but I do think it is high pressured sales, and like everything, Disney does it well!!

We have been to our fare share of dvc tours at wdw and they do an awesome job, I'm drooling for dvc by the time I leave.

Any-who, if anyone reads this thread just know there is no scam but do your research and ensure it is the right fit for your family-travel and finances!

Hakuna-matata
January 2015 Half Marathon Bay Lake Tower | December 2014 Old Key West | November 2014 Earmarked Conference Coronado Springs | September 2013 Boardwalk - Wilderness Lodge Villas - Polynesian |November 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge | May 2011 Caribbean Beach| March 2009 Boardwalk Villas & Pop Century | February 2008 Disney Cruise | March 2007 Old Key West | July 2006 Boardwalk Villas -Honeymoon

Last edited by G2MAmber; 03-30-2013 at 02:33 PM.
G2MAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #42
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
First I can see you are new to this and if you stay around for a while, you will learn you have to be able to take the heat if you come into the kitchen.
Basically I find the posting highly inflammatory and insulting to DVC. Unless he is going to provide facts to back up his statement, then yes, he is going to get called on it.
People around here don't mince words they say what they feel and I saw no one out of line, but they don't flower their comments.
Totally agree!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #43
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

I don't even think it goes that far. Anyone can have an opinion and post it if it's within the guidelines, however, there are consequences to the act and that includes that any given poster may simply be wrong or inappropriate (likely both in this case). IMO the OP was out of line taking up oxygen while posting such a meaningless and inappropriate post.

I fully realize that the OP may have indeed been genuine and ticked off for some reason and may have declined to add additional details due to the reactions received. We can speculate at to the type of thing that may have occurred to garner such an opinion. Given that they likely bought late 2011 or early 2012 it's unlikely to be reallocation unless it was the THV and unlikely to be the valet parking issue. More likely it's related to availability or exchange options or possibly they need to sell and thought ROFR would protect the seller. While there have been a few reports where a guide clearly lied, those reports have been few and far between.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #44
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Sometimes it's a misunderstanding. There was a post a couple of weeks ago where someone was upset because their guide told them they could combine points with another member for one room, the poster & their cousin. Then they tried to book an AKV room at 11 months with both AKV and SSR points, didn't work. The guides answer was correct in general but did not take into consideration the home resort priority factor.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #45
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I don't even think it goes that far. Anyone can have an opinion and post it if it's within the guidelines, however, there are consequences to the act and that includes that any given poster may simply be wrong or inappropriate (likely both in this case). IMO the OP was out of line taking up oxygen while posting such a meaningless and inappropriate post.

I fully realize that the OP may have indeed been genuine and ticked off for some reason and may have declined to add additional details due to the reactions received. We can speculate at to the type of thing that may have occurred to garner such an opinion. Given that they likely bought late 2011 or early 2012 it's unlikely to be reallocation unless it was the THV and unlikely to be the valet parking issue. More likely it's related to availability or exchange options or possibly they need to sell and thought ROFR would protect the seller. While there have been a few reports where a guide clearly lied, those reports have been few and far between.
My guess was the OP wanted Christmas week in a themepark view at BLT. Heard the guide could get them that hard to get first reservation. When he/she found out it couldn't be done, they felt they were scammed. Unless it was Easter week at BLT in a theme park view.

Or since the OP's first post last July was about a group of 11 heading to the Vacation Club, they thought they could get a two bedroom villa since two of the eleven were under the age of three.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: