Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan's Girl View Post
Despite my initial anger, even with spring break crowds we probably would have been fine with just the basic QQ. We spent 2 full-ish days (2-3 hour mid-day break each day) and saw every show and rode every ride. The only rides my family chose to do more than one time a day was Kraken and Manta (they rode them 2-3 times per day). However without QQ the wait by 11am was about an hour for these rides. As most Diser's know, the crowds this past week were INSANE!!! I imagine that the basic QQ during lower crowd weeks would be plenty.

We also enjoyed the all day unlimited dining for one of the days due to our package. We broke even, but did not "make out" due to insane crowds at every CS restaurant. If ever to return, I would skip the all day dining and just leave the park for a nice meal instead.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have regarding SW or Springhill Suites....
Thanks for the report! Glad to hear the one-time QQ didn't impact you all too much.

OK -- here are my questions for you!

How was the food at SW? Where would you recommend to eat? Also, are there places to eat that are a bit more out of the way and not as crowded (i.e., like Flame Tree BBQ at AK)

How would you divide your time on a busy weekend, hopefully not as crowded as Easter break, but still crowded since we are arriving on Black Friday and leaving for Disney the Sunday after. Since we'll have Annual Passes from our local Busch Gardens, we'll have 1 afternoon/evening (Fri), 1 full day (Sat) and 1 morning (Sun) with a 4.5 and 8 yo. They are tall and will ride more wild rides and of course we want to do the shows and feed the animals. I have Dine with Shamu already booked for our 2nd evening. Oh, and we'll want to do all of the Christmas stuff.

We'll arrive around 1-2pm on Black Friday and won't have QQ (I assume they will have run out by then) but hopefully will have it for Sat/Sun. We are not doing all-day dining. We are staying at a SW official hotel.

Any advice on how to do SW on a crowded weekend is appreciated. We will make opening on Saturday and within a hour of opening on Sunday, just need to pack up and check out first.

Thanks!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #17
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
How was the food at SW? Where would you recommend to eat? Also, are there places to eat that are a bit more out of the way and not as crowded (i.e., like Flame Tree BBQ at AK)

Any advice on how to do SW on a crowded weekend is appreciated. We will make opening on Saturday and within a hour of opening on Sunday, just need to pack up and check out first.
We love the food at SW . IMHO, it easily beats Disney counter service in almost all cases. We have dined at Voyageur's Smokehouse (BBQ), Mango Joes (sandwiches/wraps/burgers), Seafire Inn (a little bit of everything), and Terrace Garden Buffet (pizza/pasta). The only one I wouldn't return to is Terrace Garden.....it was fine, but nothing special, and we just think there are better options at the park. My best advise to avoid crowds would be to eat at off times of day (earlier or later than the typical meal times).

You won't need a "plan" for a busy weekend day at SW the same as you will need it at Disney. Get those QQ passes, arrive at or before park opening, then go with the flow (arriving at least 30 minutes early for all shows you wish to see). We were there on both Christmas Day and December 28th....you can check out my trip report (see link in my signature) for lots of photos and details of our Christmas season visit.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
rainy~daze
I love spring! Flowers grow in the spring:)~Autumn Rain

Under FAQ it still shows unlimited:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-or...al%2Boffer%2B2

Whats significant about being an Official Hotel of SeaWorld?
Guests who stay in an Official Hotel of SeaWorld receive exclusive benefits that add significant value to an Orlando vacation experience. Benefits include:
"Free transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and Universal Orlando
"Free Quick Queue Unlimited at SeaWorld (our front of the line program)
"Exclusive access to the SeaWorld Rescue Tour
"Early Entry into SeaWorld on select dates in peak seasons
"Discounts on select merchandise and culinary purchases at SeaWorld and Aquatica.
Benefits available at SeaWorld's Onsite Hotels...

How do I make reservations for Quick Queue Unlimited?
"Guests can only reserve their complimentary QQU onsite, at one of our Official Hotels, from the Expedia Local Expert Guest Service desk. Admission is required and the usual ride restrictions apply. QQU is available in limited quantities each day are given out on a firstcome, firstserve basis. Guests can pick up QQU for dayof or nextday visits only.
Whats the difference between Quick Queue and Quick Queue Unlimited?
"Regular Quick Queue provides priority access once to each of these popular attractions: Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, & Wild Arctic. (retail value starting at $14.99)
"Quick Queue Unlimited provides unlimited priority access for the day to each of these popular attractions: Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, & Wild Arctic. (retail value starting at $19.99)
MAY95HyattRegencyGrandCypressJAN99ASMovies JAN06PORDEC06CBRJAN07SSRFEB07BonnetCreekDEC07/JAN08AKL/BWV/BonnetCreek/BCV/Dolphin/MarriottGrandeVista/MarriottCypressHarbourSEPT08BWV/BCDEC08RPR/MarriottHorizonsJAN09MGV/SSR OCT09BWV/MGV/WLJAN10OKW/BCVMAR11AKVMAY11SSRJUNE2011CaliforniaHereWeComeSEPT11BCVFEB12ST.PETE/OKW/PortofinoBayAUG12OregonIsOnTheMenuJAN13ST.PETE/SSR/BWV/OKW
rainy~daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
JoeCathyAngelina
Lord be willing, If all goes well, The creek don't rise, and there ain't no melt down, we'll do it all again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondaysChild View Post
We just got back too! They gave us one time qq cards at the renaissance. They do run out so you have to ask for them early!
Are the QQ cards they give out at the hotel service desk dated for that day only or could you use them for a different day?
Thanks,
Joe

April 2015, Angelina's 14th Birthday at the Sheraton Vistana. ................
April 2014, Angelina's 13th Birthday at Vacation Village at Parkway.........April 2013, Angelina's 12th Birthday at the Hilton Grand at Seaworld
April 2012, Angelina's 11th Birthday at the Orange Lake Country Club.....April 2011, Angelina's 10th Birthday at the Silver Lake Resort
April 2010, Angelina's 9th Birthday at the Orange Lake Country Club...... April 2009, Angelina's 8th Birthday at the Summer Bay Resort
April 2008, Angelina's 7th Birthday at the Wyndam Cypress Palms..........April 2007, Angelina's 6th Birthday at the Orange Lake Country Club
April 2006, Angelina's 5th Birthday at the Sheraton Vistana. ................ April 2005, Angelina's 4th Birthday at the Beach Club.
March 2004, Angelina's 3rd Birthday at Old Key West...........................January 2000, New Year's Eve Millenium celebration at the Grand Floridian.
JoeCathyAngelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #20
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCathyAngelina View Post
Are the QQ cards they give out at the hotel service desk dated for that day only or could you use them for a different day?
They are dated.

We had the QQ unlimited for our Christmas trip, and even with those, when they issued us the wrist bands, they also gave us cards that indicated we had the QQ unlimited and the date they were valid for (along with a list of the rides that QQ was accepted on). The rep at Guest Services said to keep them with us, because sometimes ride operators do an "audit" (so to speak) where they will also ask to see your dated cards along with the wrist band. Never happened on our visit....but apparently its possible.

I know the vouchers from the Expedia Travel Desk that you turn in to Guest Services also have the "valid for" date printed on them.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #21
toystory1130
Mouseketeer

Seaworld sent a message back to me stating if staying at an official hotel the quick que is unlimited. I will take the email with me just incase they change their minds before June.
Caribbean Beach 2004 * Old Key West 2005 * Pop Century 2007 * Port Orleans Riverside 2008 * All Star Music Christmas 2008 * Beach Club Villa June 2009 * All Star Music Oct 2009 * Port Orleans Riverside June 2010 * Caribbean Beach June 2011 * Coronado Springs 2012 * Residence Inn at Seaworld 2013
toystory1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #22
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystory1130 View Post
Seaworld sent a message back to me stating if staying at an official hotel the quick que is unlimited. I will take the email with me just incase they change their minds before June.
Ooh, this gets more interesting!

Does it also have that generic phrase "subject to changes"?

I just wish they would be consistent! Obviously the unlimited is part of the reason why I booked the official hotel and not something cheaper.

I'm not booked until late Nov so hopefully it will all be worked out by then!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #23
toystory1130
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ooh, this gets more interesting!

Does it also have that generic phrase "subject to changes"?

I just wish they would be consistent! Obviously the unlimited is part of the reason why I booked the official hotel and not something cheaper.

I'm not booked until late Nov so hopefully it will all be worked out by then!
Here's what she wrote, I am hoping it holds up. We bought onsite for the unlimited also.

Thank you for booking you recent Vacation Package with us, what a lovely choice! Our SeaWorld® Orlando Quick Queue is all Unlimited now, we no longer offer the One Time Access Quick Queue. Therefore, no matter what is says, at our park, it will be used with unlimited access. Please feel free to maintain your original plan and be prepared to spend an entire day of fun with us!
Caribbean Beach 2004 * Old Key West 2005 * Pop Century 2007 * Port Orleans Riverside 2008 * All Star Music Christmas 2008 * Beach Club Villa June 2009 * All Star Music Oct 2009 * Port Orleans Riverside June 2010 * Caribbean Beach June 2011 * Coronado Springs 2012 * Residence Inn at Seaworld 2013
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #24
Marshay

Quote:

Here's what she wrote, I am hoping it holds up. We bought onsite for the unlimited also.

Thank you for booking you recent Vacation Package with us, what a lovely choice! Our SeaWorld® Orlando Quick Queue is all Unlimited now, we no longer offer the One Time Access Quick Queue. Therefore, no matter what is says, at our park, it will be used with unlimited access. Please feel free to maintain your original plan and be prepared to spend an entire day of fun with us!
Wow! That certainly sounds definitive to me!!

I hope it all works out and please report back to us.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #25
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmmmm........very interesting!!!

Good idea to take that email with you . Written back-up is always helpful!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #26
toystory1130
Mouseketeer

Well sorry to say Seaworld emailed back again to say they did indeed change over to once through QQ.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
ncfamily
Earning My Ears

If you go to Sea World Orlando's website there is no option to purchase regular quick queue. Only Quick Queue unlimited.
ncfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #28
folgersnyourcup
Earning My Ears

I think they definitely need to update their materials if seaworld is in fact no longer giving quick queue unlimited to guests staying at their partner hotels.. I am staying at the renaissance Marriott for 6 nights in June and I just checked the hotels website which still clearly lists quick queue unlimited as the benefit received for staying.
folgersnyourcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #29
Peter Pan's Girl
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the delayed response...

Quote:
Thanks for the report! Glad to hear the one-time QQ didn't impact you all too much.

OK -- here are my questions for you!

How would you divide your time on a busy weekend, hopefully not as crowded as Easter break, but still crowded since we are arriving on Black Friday and leaving for Disney the Sunday after. Since we'll have Annual Passes from our local Busch Gardens, we'll have 1 afternoon/evening (Fri), 1 full day (Sat) and 1 morning (Sun) with a 4.5 and 8 yo. They are tall and will ride more wild rides and of course we want to do the shows and feed the animals. I have Dine with Shamu already booked for our 2nd evening. Oh, and we'll want to do all of the Christmas stuff.

We'll arrive around 1-2pm on Black Friday and won't have QQ (I assume they will have run out by then) but hopefully will have it for Sat/Sun. We are not doing all-day dining. We are staying at a SW official hotel.

Thanks!
Food at SW was better CS than WDW, but still counter-service quality and WAY OVERPRICED!!. We enjoyed Seafire Inn and Voyagers Smokehouse. Both fresh and warm. Definetly eat at off hours like 10:30 or 1:30 for lunch and 4:30 or 6:30 for dinner. Size of meals are quite large in my opinion-could easily be shared if not on Dining plan. With as much time as you are devoting to SW, I would honestly eat out of the park and just enjoy a snack at the parks. We took a 2-3 hour break mid day both days (park was open to 10pm), returned to hotel just o veg out, so Saturday you will have plenty of time for a mid day break and nice meal and then return to park later. You may also want to purchase the refillable drink cups which are good for all days there. Could easily share 1-2 cups for the entire family.

For touring I pre-printed out show schedule and planned to split the shows between our days. With a late start on Fri and plans to do Dine with Shamu for Sat night, you will want to do evening shows on Friday. Sat you will have more time for rides then (and don't miss dolphin feeding-honestly worth the price-my girls would trade that for a SW snack or souvenier anyday!!), Remember you can reserve you QQ for day of and next day so you should have NO PROBLEM getting QQ for both Sat and Sun. Save Sea Lions tonight for after you have seen most shows (it is a spinoff joke about all the shows at SW). With holiday offerings I am sure you will spend a huge amt of time seeing all the reg and holiday shows-but to be honest the shows are the highlight of SW-IMO, and the rides are more to fill time!! You do need to get to shows at least 20min, if not 30 min in advance. You can send ahead one person to save spots if needed. Also a good time to get seats and then take bathroom breaks while one or two stay with seats.

There are some breathtaking spots to take photos of the kids, so don't forget your camara!

Peter Pan's Girl
DD17, DD14, DH
Peter Pan's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: