Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Peter Pan's Girl
Mouseketeer

Angry Don't expect unlimited QQ from official SW partner hotels

Just a heads up that we are at SW today, with a reservation at Springhill Suites SW and there has been a change in policy (I don't really know who changed it, SW or the hotel...). We went to the Expedia desk promptly at 7am to get our QQ (assuming it was unlimited). Once at the park we discovered it was a basic QQ (one time per major ride)-not unlimited. The SW guest relations had absolutely no sympathy and stated that the hotels should not be advertising unlimited, but they are continueing to do so. I then went back to Springhill suites to discuss the matter with the manager. He was also not sympathetic until I made him look at the official site which still states "unlimited QQ". After explaining to the manager that I felt this was false advertising, he begrudingly managed to get us unlimited QQ's. I understand this is a hotel perk, however they need to update the web site or honor it!

Peter Pan's Girl
DD17, DD14, DH
Peter Pan's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

It appears the change to the website has been made:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Vacations

"Complimentary" quick queue is listed, but unlimited is not longer mentioned.

Let me be the first (make that the second.....after Peter Pan's Girl) to say that I think this change really sucks .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
tink20
DIS Veteran

Darn, I was looking forward to that perk for our June trip.....rats!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Looking on the bright side, its still a perk that's worth about $20 pp (not too shabby ). And to upgrade to unlimited, it should only be about $5 per person.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 03-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Looking on the bright side, its still a perk that's worth about $20 pp (not too shabby ). And to upgrade to unlimited, it should only be about $5 per person.
Thanks for the update! I booked our SW hotel specifically for this perk.

So now that it is not unlimited, what all does it include and how does it work? How do they know if you rode on it or not already?

Also, if we want to use "Baby Swap/Rider Switch" with the QQ, how does that work?

Thanks for the help!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
So now that it is not unlimited, what all does it include and how does it work? How do they know if you rode on it or not already?

Also, if we want to use "Baby Swap/Rider Switch" with the QQ, how does that work?
We have only ever had the unlimited QQ passes, so I have no experience with the other option. I do know that the regular (non-unlimited) QQ give you one time of front-of-the-line access to each of the QQ rides in the park. So once at Manta, once at Kraken, once at Turtle Trek, etc. If you ride again, you would have to wait in the regular line.

You get a wrist band at guest services to identify you as having unlimited QQ. I have no idea how they keep track of your usage of the non-unlimited pass!! And my baby is 17, so we've never had to use the baby swap for him . Hopefully someone else will chime in with the answers to your questions.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Apparently the change went into effect on March 1. That morning the woman at the Expedia desk at the Hilton Garden Inn printed out our vouchers and said "looks like it's not for unlimited QQ anymore, just once per ride. Yesterday it was still unlimited."

As it turned out, QQ was totally unnecessary in early March. We exchanged the vouchers for QQ cards in the park, intending to use them later in the day when crowds got bigger, but they never did. We didn't bother using them at all, nor did we even bother requesting them again from the Expedia desk when we went back a few days later. The only ride that got any sort of line was Manta, and that was only about a 10 minute wait in the afternoon.

The cards had the different valid attractions listed. I suppose the CM would punch out or otherwise mark for each attraction when it was used the first time.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
lakohls
How Long Until Our Next Disney Trip?

We were there today as well. Also noticed the change, but thought maybe I had mis-read the site when originally booking the rooms.
2003 - WDW off property, 2005 - WDW Sheraton Vistana, 2007 - Christmas at Yacht Club, 2010 - Easter DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani, 2011 - November DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani, 2013 - Easter DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani plus 2 days at Sea World, 2015 - February DVC Animal Kingdom Jambo plus 3 days at Universal
lakohls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #9
fitnessmouse
DIS Veteran

Kinda sucks that it has been changed without notice. We specifically booked for the perk. :-(

Walt Disney World - Florida 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2012
Disneyland Resort California - 2002, 2011
DCL - 2009 (Wonder~ Bahama's), 2010 (Magic~Mediteranean), 2011 (Wonder ~ LA to Vancouver), 2013 (Dream~Bahama's), 2014 (Magic~Mediteranean)
Disneyland Paris - 2x per year

fitnessmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
wdwnomad
DIS Veteran

Glad I never booked a package with SW for staying at one of their partner hotels in August. The unlimited quick queue was a big factor in wanting to stay there. I would have preferred to stay further down on I-Drive by the Convention Center where there are some things to do in the evening. However, the unlimited quick queue would have been a nice money saver. Now that the aren't offering it makes the decision so much easier.
All Star Sports - Sept 2008
All Star Music - Dec 2008, Dec 2009
Coronado Springs - Aug 2009, Aug 2011
Port Orleans - Riverside - Aug 2010
Beach Club - Dec 2010, Dec 2013
Boardwalk - Aug 2012
Old Key West - Aug 2014

wdwnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnomad View Post
Glad I never booked a package with SW for staying at one of their partner hotels in August. The unlimited quick queue was a big factor in wanting to stay there. I would have preferred to stay further down on I-Drive by the Convention Center where there are some things to do in the evening. However, the unlimited quick queue would have been a nice money saver. Now that the aren't offering it makes the decision so much easier.
Just to be clear........Quick Queue passes ARE still a perk of the onsite hotels. They just aren't the "unlimited" version. You will still get Quick Queue access once at each QQ attraction: Kraken, Manta, Journey to Atlantis, Wild Arctic, Turtle Trek, and SkyTower.

You are still getting a great inclusion with the regular QQ, and saving about $20 per person. And the price difference between the regular QQ and unlimited is very minimal...about $5 (I am assuming you could choose to upgrade at Guest Services for the difference in cost).

While I agree that its a real bummer that the policy changed from the unlimited to the regular QQ passes, they have NOT removed the perk altogether.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #12
lisagirl88
Mouseketeer

We also visited SW in early March and didn't need to use our QQ passes, but we did get them the two days we were there. They give you a credit card sized card with the QQ attractions listed and the ride attendant hole punches next to the ride as you use it. That is how they keep track. If the lines were really long it would have been great to use these even if was only to ride the rides once.
lisagirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagirl88 View Post
We also visited SW in early March and didn't need to use our QQ passes, but we did get them the two days we were there. They give you a credit card sized card with the QQ attractions listed and the ride attendant hole punches next to the ride as you use it. That is how they keep track. If the lines were really long it would have been great to use these even if was only to ride the rides once.
Thanks for explaining how the cards work!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
MondaysChild
Mouseketeer

We just got back too! They gave us one time qq cards at the renaissance. They do run out so you have to ask for them early!
MondaysChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
Peter Pan's Girl
Mouseketeer

Personal reflections on QQ and all day dining

Despite my initial anger, even with spring break crowds we probably would have been fine with just the basic QQ. We spent 2 full-ish days (2-3 hour mid-day break each day) and saw every show and rode every ride. The only rides my family chose to do more than one time a day was Kraken and Manta (they rode them 2-3 times per day). However without QQ the wait by 11am was about an hour for these rides. As most Diser's know, the crowds this past week were INSANE!!! I imagine that the basic QQ during lower crowd weeks would be plenty.

We also enjoyed the all day unlimited dining for one of the days due to our package. We broke even, but did not "make out" due to insane crowds at every CS restaurant. If ever to return, I would skip the all day dining and just leave the park for a nice meal instead.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have regarding SW or Springhill Suites....

Peter Pan's Girl
DD17, DD14, DH
Peter Pan's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: