Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Ballard67
Dreaming of WDW

No CC or Debt card

I want to vist the world with out any card, what must i do??, reserving the room can i just use my DS card and then pay it off when i get there??

2012 Sept DL(off site) and MNSSHP, 2011 Sept Poly MNSSHP, 2010 Oct POP century MNSSHP and Food and wine 2010 Oct DL trip, 2009 July trip DL and WDW trip, and July 4th stay at POP, 2008 Oct trip POP century, 2007 spring break trip March POP century, 2006 March Spring break trip POP century, 2005 spring break POR, 2004 spring break trip off site(one and only time) 2003 DL trip(off site)
Ballard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them

No, all packages must be paid in full within a set number of days from arrival date....can't recall top of my head (maybe 45 days from arrival)

FINAL PAYMENT is due in our office 45 days prior to guest arrival http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...pup_terms.html

you might want to try a TA, if you trip is long enough maybe you can arrange to pay by check/by mail and ensure you pay all before the 45day mark?
n3rf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard67 View Post
I want to vist the world with out any card, what must i do??, reserving the room can i just use my DS card and then pay it off when i get there??
If you book room only, you will need to pay a deposit equal to 1 night's room rate + tax, with the balance due at check in (payable with a cc, cash, gift cards, etc). If you book a package, the required deposit is $200, with the balance due 45 days prior to arrival. Both types of reservations can be paid with any cc (does not have to be yours) or gift cards.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Go to the grocery and buy a prepaid Visa. Use that.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Won't they require a CC of some sort (or debit card) at check-in for incidentals and "security hold" (i.e. if you raided the minibar or took off with the robes)?
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

You can send a check. We have had family that have paid deposit and final balance with check. They don't ask for a card at check in only if you want to charge to your room. You can but money (cash) on your room key. They don't like to do it but it can be done.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

go to target and get Disney gift cards - would never use a prepay Visa card - those fees are just silly.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Like others have said it depends whether you book a room only or package. If you book a room only, you only have to pay for one night upfront. The balance is due at check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Won't they require a CC of some sort (or debit card) at check-in for incidentals and "security hold" (i.e. if you raided the minibar or took off with the robes)?
No you don't have to leave a card. There are no mini bars. Only Club Level has robes.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

You can use cash, Gift Card, Credit Card or Debit Card to put down at check in for incidentals if you want but do not have to. If you use a Debit or Credit card Disney will not put any charges through to the card until your incidentals reach a certain level($500 for Value, $1000 for Moderate and $1500 for Deluxe.) or until the night before you check out. They do not even hold anything against the card until you reach these levels.

We always use our debit card for incidentals at check in and I keep a very low balance in that account because we have had fraud before(usually less than $100.) We always stay deluxe but it is never an issue that I am using a card with a $100 limit. We always pay with gift cards so I just run by the desk every couple of days to pay off my balance using the gift card(making sure I never let it get to $1500 since we are staying deluxe without paying it down) and then I make sure I pay whatever is outstanding on our last night.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
No. Disney, for some reason, is different than other hotels and don't require a credit card at check-in for incidentals. The only time you'd have to put a card down at Disney is if you want to charge purchases to your room. We never do that, and have never had to put a card down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
go to target and get Disney gift cards - would never use a prepay Visa card - those fees are just silly.
The benefit to buying a Visa gift card is that if you don't use the full amount for whatever reason, you can use them at home. And any place Visa is accepted.

Another option is AAA sells reloadable Visa cards that acts as a debit card. For $5, you buy the card and can load as much as you want on there as often as you want. When I worked at AAA, I saw a lot of people do this for their kids who were going on vacation with friends, people who wanted to teach teens responsible credit, or people who wanted the option to add more money to the card in case of emergency if they were traveling. The difference with the Visa gift card is it's one time load, so you can't add money to it.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Another option is AAA sells reloadable Visa cards that acts as a debit card. For $5, you buy the card and can load as much as you want on there as often as you want. When I worked at AAA, I saw a lot of people do this for their kids who were going on vacation with friends, people who wanted to teach teens responsible credit, or people who wanted the option to add more money to the card in case of emergency if they were traveling. The difference with the Visa gift card is it's one time load, so you can't add money to it.
do not know this and have had AAA since the 80's. thanks.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

That's so interesting - I just assumed they swiped at check-in. I am usually so excited I am only half paying attention at that point LOL! Thank you for the clarification!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Sorry I have been working the last couple of days, thanks for all the feed back, thanks for the idea with pre pay visa. I am going to get one next week. I am not doing the package so that Is not going to be a issue. I am getting my park and MNSSHP tickets separately. Food and spending money i will just use travlers checks. For my golf reservation, thats going to be a little tricker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: