Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #31
blana
DIS Veteran

April 1 is my birthday. People always think they're being REAL clever to prank the birthday girl. It's not all that fun. Also, everyone seems to think they're the first one EVER to think up "Oooh, that's appropriate!" when they hear what my birthday is.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #32
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephthys43 View Post
I'm kinda mean... Last year I had a preggie friend take a pregnancy test for me. I was going to leave it on the bathroom sink and watch my bf freak out. He has one kid already and I don't want any. I decided not to at the last minute. He woulda been really peeved.
I used to call my mom and tell her I was pregnant... Then after about the third time I started getting paranoid that I was going to end up pregnant!

I thought about having a pg friend take a test and prank dh, but I'm pretty sure he would know it was fake bc both my friends are pregnant!
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #33
superme80
DIS Veteran

I don't do pranks. I will probably not answer my phone the whole day, so people can't try and trick me.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #34
Poohbug
Sherlocked

Eviltron is more my style.

Amazon or Think Geek usually has them in stock.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #35
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blana
April 1 is my birthday. People always think they're being REAL clever to prank the birthday girl. It's not all that fun. Also, everyone seems to think they're the first one EVER to think up "Oooh, that's appropriate!" when they hear what my birthday is.
My youngest was due March 20, when I saw doctor STILL pregnant on March 31st I was not thrilled. He sent me to be induced at 4:00pm. When they checked me at 11:45, I was almost at 10, I told doctor I am ready to push, she is NOT being born 12 days late on April fools day! We'd never hear the end of it. She arrived at 11:56 on March 31st! My best friends comment was she was 4 minutes from makin her mama mad! My niece has April fools as her bday and said its AWFUL!

Last edited by DonaldnDaisy5; 03-29-2013 at 08:51 PM.
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #36
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post
My youngest was due March 20, when I saw doctor STILL pregnant on March 31st I was not thrilled. He sent me to be induced at 4:00pm.
How funny. This was me too, except I was only 9 days past due. I was induced at 4pm and had my daughter at 8:55pm. My mom told me I would have to wait another day if I didn't have her before midnight.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #37
TKH
Mouseketeer

My stand-by for the kids - make purple jello in a clear juice glass. Give them their 'grape juice' in the morning, and they're hysterical when it doesn't come out!
TKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #38
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

Might be serving Brown E's (brownies) to my students on Monday. I will cut the letter E out of brown paper and then place them in a brownie pan with aluminum foil to cover it. If I'm feeling nice I will bake some real ones
Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #39
Bluestars
Smile and let the world wonder what you have been up to
I know I am strange, but you asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
To me this is only funny if, YOU are giving her a trip to WDW. For there to be no trip at all just seems MEAN.
I agree. I think it's mean to get someone excited and happy about something, only to tell them it was just a joke. I think the best jokes are the funny ones, not the ones where the person ends up disappointed.
Bluestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #40
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista
How funny. This was me too, except I was only 9 days past due. I was induced at 4pm and had my daughter at 8:55pm. My mom told me I would have to wait another day if I didn't have her before midnight.
I was fully prepared to make her wait if she didn't cooperate! I do feel a little bad, she missed out on a diamond birth stone...
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #41
S. C.
Loves to snorkel
Swam with the dolphins
Got soaked on BTMRR
Another tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan32WI View Post
I've put rubber snakes in various places around work before. You can get them at the Dollar store or Walmart. It really is fun!!
Years ago someone at work did this. One poor woman was in the bathroom staring into space with tears running down her face, she could hardly talk. We had to call an ambulance for her found out she had a horrible phobia. You just never know what fears people have.
..................If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

There's a great big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!

S. C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #42
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

We used to have a sink with a sprayer like this:

For years, I would carefully position it so that it was pointing at whoever was standing at the sink, and then wrap a rubber band around the handle so it would be in the "on" position. Then whoever would turn on the faucet would get sprayed.

It became a tradition. Easy, and not too traumatic for the victim. Just a little water.

Then we replaced the faucet with one that has a built-in sprayer.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. C.
Years ago someone at work did this. One poor woman was in the bathroom staring into space with tears running down her face, she could hardly talk. We had to call an ambulance for her found out she had a horrible phobia. You just never know what fears people have.
I agree. I'm the same about big spiders, I had such a bad anxiety attack when one snuck up on me, I really thought I was having a heart attack and ended up in the ER. I'd hate it if someone did it with fake spiders!

I hate to be a downer guys

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #44
ckmommy
San Antonio brings out the romantic in everyone!
What I wouldn't give for a peaceful 15 mins
Oh how I miss tomatos from the garden

I have mine planned for my kiddos!!

I told them last week I had an itch to make caramel apples. I bought the apples and the caramels. I also bought onions the same size as the apples. Yup, I am going to do caramel onions!!! I can't wait for this one!!

Last year, I had bought powdered dounts for breakfast. I had secretly taken the donuts and re-dipped each one in baking soda. I loved their faces when they took the first bite--talk about priceless!!

My oldest son claims he is not eating anything I make that day. They love the surprises as much as I love planning for this day.

CBR Sept 2009~Pop Sept 2007~Poly 2006~WL May 2005~POR Feb 2004~CR May 2002~CBR 1997 Honeymoon~Disney Villas 1995~Off Property 1985,88,90
ckmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #45
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

I plan on putting some green food coloring in the milk. My teen daughter is not too alert in the morning, and putting green milk in her coffee first thing will certainly fool her. Again, harmless fun.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: