Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
kittycruize
Mouseketeer

Question BWI room request questions!

Hi everyone! We are coming to WDW in 2 weeks, and just did the online checkin. I had choices of floor levels, and canal view and boardwalk view. For those in the know, what are the best floors, or the differences? We would like a higher floor, but can choose 4th floor, 5th floor, and highest floor. What should I choose? Also, since we booked a standard room, can we even request canal or boardwalk view? Any suggestions would so be appreciated!!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

I am hoping someone answers your question as I am interested too!!
barefootMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Water views are an upgraded view that you pay for. I doubt you will get one even if you request it via online check in unless you paid for that booking category. The standard rooms face the front of the resort and the porte cochere.

I've always stayed on the 4th floor here because I stay CL; I don't know that there's some huge difference between 4th and 5th floor as far as views for a standard room.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
kittycruize
Mouseketeer

I requested 5th floor, but am now wondering if I should change that to 3rd floor? In looking at pictures of the BWI, I am not even sure if there are many 5th floor rooms? Does anyone have any insight on these locations?
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycruize View Post
I requested 5th floor, but am now wondering if I should change that to 3rd floor? In looking at pictures of the BWI, I am not even sure if there are many 5th floor rooms? Does anyone have any insight on these locations?
We were on the 5th floor earlier this month. There are not many rooms on that floor, so the distance to the elevator is not bad. (You'll see many people complain about the far distance they have to trek from the elevator to their rooms at BWI. I walked all over on the 5th floor and a couple of other floors just to see what all the fuss was about. I'd be fine anywhere, but we're in good shape physically and don't have little children.) We had a lovely room overlooking the garden. At night, we could watch Illuminations from our balcony. We're going back in August and I would love to have the same room.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycruize View Post
Hi everyone! We are coming to WDW in 2 weeks, and just did the online checkin. I had choices of floor levels, and canal view and boardwalk view. For those in the know, what are the best floors, or the differences? We would like a higher floor, but can choose 4th floor, 5th floor, and highest floor. What should I choose? Also, since we booked a standard room, can we even request canal or boardwalk view? Any suggestions would so be appreciated!!
I think canal views are on the villas side. I can't think of where you could see the canal from the inn side.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: