Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
We booked our Dolphin swim and package day at $279 per person and about 6 weeks before our trip I had called and tried to schedule it for a different day and she said the price had gone up to $349 per person and if I rebooked the day I would be charged the higher price. SO of course we kept our original day. I am not sure how long before I called the price had gone up.

As for the cabana, we also went in November and we would not have used the cabana at all if we had one. It would have been a waste of money. We stayed there all day and we stayed busy doing things all day. We never even tried to find lounge chairs to sit in. SO don't be too upset if you don't book the cabana and the Buoy.
Hmmm maybe I'll book it now while its $259. I'll do it when I get home today and then its done and it will be one less day to plan and save for!

I like the idea of the cabana but I can't see us using it enough. My dh might like it but me and the girls will be in the water all day. I think I'll try and get one of the cabanas at castaway cay instead
Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #17
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
Oh I'm still going to DC there's no doubt about that .

Gina do you know how close to the date the prices go up? They went up a couple of months ago already from $219 to $259 so I figured I was good for awhile - maybe not?
Glad to hear you are still planning to visit DC despite the wobble in your original plans.

Admission prices go up as remaining tickets available go down, so its hard to say when costs for your date may increase again. It could be sooner, it might be later. If you are okay with the prices as they are currently listed, I would book now.....because I don't think that prices ever decrease (if they do, I would think its rare).

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

We have done this several times, once with my daughter and then last time with my mom. Every time all the people in the group stated in the water, they just brought the person that was actually receiving the item up front. You can't have 2 people receive it but what I did was share the goodie bag So the other child got the stuffed dolphin and bag, etc. This made it seem a little more fair. You can ask for a picture with both after the dolphin deliveries so they can both be holding it.

Remember the people that sometimes sells the packages have never gone, several times I have talked to someone who says that maybe they will try to go this year or next year, etc.

Also wanted to note, the can only deliver one during a swim. I tried to purchase an extra one for my sister once and they said they would have to leave it at the cabana. That is an option, so they both get one....but then one would receive and one would have the extra at the cabana.

We love the cabana and have booked one each time we went. To us the cost is worth it to have a place to go away to and somewhere the kids can get some rest.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
cruisin'Mike
Be thankful that I'M not the Tag Fairy!

I booked the cabana package for our August trip. We're just doing a family vacation bouy. When they asked who was going to receive it, I figured I better have my wife get it, so there wouldn't be a fight between the 3 kids.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
cruisin'Mike
Be thankful that I'M not the Tag Fairy!

I booked the cabana package for our August trip. We're just doing a family vacation bouy. When they asked who was going to receive it, I figured I better have my wife get it, so there wouldn't be a fight between the 3 kids.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I booked it today

I just booked the swim and the sea venture. I'll save the money on the package and put it towards a cabana at castaway cay
Old 04-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I booked it today

I just booked the swim and the sea venture. I'll save the money on the package and put it towards a cabana at castaway cay

Glad to hear you decided to go ahead and book! You will have a great time.....I have no doubt!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
nd5056
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She specifically told me only one of the kids could be in the water.
I would verify that with someone higher up, there might be some confusion with this.

There is a limit on how many characters can fit on the bouy or that only one can take the bouy out of the dolphin mouth. But not how many can be in the water.

We didn't have a problem with it last summer, unless they change the rules.

nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: