Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
iman
Mouseketeer

Has anyone used Quick Queue Unlimited at SeaWorld?

Has anyone used Quick Queue Unlimited at SeaWorld? We are going in mid-May and is it worth it? Thanks!
iman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We have had the Quick Queue unlimited on all of our visits so far.

In January 2012 (New Years week), were were staying offsite and purchased them for our family.

In December 2012 (Christmas week), we stayed at a SW onsite hotel and had the Quick Queue passes for free .

During those busy holiday times, they were absolutely a god-send. One great example? At the Skytower on Christmas Day, we walked on to the ride while the regular line was at a posted 60 minute wait .

If I were travelling during a less busy time of year, I would most definitely wait until after I arrive at the park to see if they are actually needed. You don't need or use QQ at the shows, so its basically a question of rides. If the park is busy, and you want to ride lots of the rides with minimal waits, then the QQ passes are a great investment. If its a quieter crowd day, and rides are not your focus, then you probably wouldn't get the value out of purchasing them.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iman View Post
Has anyone used Quick Queue Unlimited at SeaWorld? We are going in mid-May and is it worth it? Thanks!
We stayed at HCVC SeaWOrld so we got the quick queue for free when we went during our last trip (also in May). My DD was able to ride Atlantis 7 times in a row. I would highly recommend it.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Peter Pan's Girl
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down BEWARE..no more unlimited quick cue from SW partner hotels!!

We are here now, just checked into spinghill suites seawold (which is a partner hotel), assumed the quick cue's printed at the expedia desk were unlimited. We were sadly disappointed when we got to the park to discover they were basic QQ, not unlimited QQ. I went to guest relations and was told that the partner hotels have been informed that they are only able to provide basic QQ now, however they are not updating their websites timely. Angry as could be, I went back to Spring hill suites, discussed my frustration with misleading advertising with the manager and unfortunately had to get really angry before he made a call to SW and arranged for us to have unlimited QQ. As of today, the info on SW partner hotels STILL says unlimited QQ (of course there is the disclaimer of "limited are available"'). Just know before you go...

Peter Pan's Girl
DD17, DD14, DH
Peter Pan's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
mrs06chris
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan's Girl View Post
We are here now, just checked into spinghill suites seawold (which is a partner hotel), assumed the quick cue's printed at the expedia desk were unlimited. We were sadly disappointed when we got to the park to discover they were basic QQ, not unlimited QQ. I went to guest relations and was told that the partner hotels have been informed that they are only able to provide basic QQ now, however they are not updating their websites timely. Angry as could be, I went back to Spring hill suites, discussed my frustration with misleading advertising with the manager and unfortunately had to get really angry before he made a call to SW and arranged for us to have unlimited QQ. As of today, the info on SW partner hotels STILL says unlimited QQ (of course there is the disclaimer of "limited are available"'). Just know before you go...
That's not good at all! We arrive on the 1st and the QQ was one of the main reasons. Can we upgrade the basic QQ?

4/2013 Sea World, Universal & Disney, 4/2012 Polynesian and Riverside, 9/2011 Polynesian, 3/2010 Caribbean Beach, 4/2009 Pop Century, 6/2008 off site, US and IOA '08, '09, '10, '12
Many trips to Disneyland as an adult and child
mrs06chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Peter Pan's Girl
Mouseketeer

I assume you could upgrade at the parks, but honestly I would ask for the hotel manager and throw a stinking fit if the website continues to advertise unlimited quick cue the day you check in. I honestly felt a real run-around about this, first the very rude SW guest assistance worker stated that there was nothing SW could do because it was the hotel's mis-information. Then back at Sprinhill suites, the hotel manager said it was SW fault and there was nothing he could do. So much for "official Partners"! I began to feel like they were more like official partners in crime!

Peter Pan's Girl
DD17, DD14, DH
Peter Pan's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan's Girl View Post
I assume you could upgrade at the parks, but honestly I would ask for the hotel manager and throw a stinking fit if the website continues to advertise unlimited quick cue the day you check in.
It appears the update to the website has been made:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Vacations

The site now lists "complimentary quick queue" as being one of the onsite benefits, but "unlimited" is not indicated.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iman View Post
I wouldn't buy it in advance. See how crowded the park is the day you go and you can buy it then if needed.

From past experience, when QQs are selling for their lowest possible price (at Sea World, Busch Gardens, Universal, Six Flags, etc.), they're usually not necessary.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: