Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
ecatesby
Mouseketeer

Question about the water parks on these high capacity days?

Hi all! We're on our way to WDW right now!! MK tomorrow! Can't wait! We are early risers and most of our WDW trips over the past 5 years have been during spring break, so we're used to the big crowds, but even I am getting a bit alarmed at the early closures I'm reading about on the Disboards! My question is whether any of you attempt the water parks in the afternoons on these super crowded days? We have the tickets including the water parks for the first time this year, so wondering about a strategy of hitting the parks in the a.m. then heading over to BB or TL - but will those also be miserably crowded by then?

We can't move our park days around much because of ADRs, unfortunately.
ecatesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecatesby View Post
Hi all! We're on our way to WDW right now!! MK tomorrow! Can't wait! We are early risers and most of our WDW trips over the past 5 years have been during spring break, so we're used to the big crowds, but even I am getting a bit alarmed at the early closures I'm reading about on the Disboards! My question is whether any of you attempt the water parks in the afternoons on these super crowded days? We have the tickets including the water parks for the first time this year, so wondering about a strategy of hitting the parks in the a.m. then heading over to BB or TL - but will those also be miserably crowded by then?

We can't move our park days around much because of ADRs, unfortunately.
We went over Memorial day weekend the last few years. Similar to the main parks, the WP tend to fill up in the afternoons (hottest part of the day). From experience, you have the wave pool(s), the lay river and s a few other spots that are usually OK. Lines for the slides can be a little long. We still had fun for a few hours even though it was busy. You also get DQ with the fun and more. five floors of video games and A/C. It's another option to relax some and cool off. Have a good trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Well it's been really cool here all week so the water parks have been empty and they have been closing blizzard beach the last few days due to low attendance.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Today BB was closed and at TL we were only using about half of the main parking lot. And we have four lots.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
triciari
DIS Veteran

I'm so interested in the answer to this question! We're planning a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy next Easter (our kids' school break) and would love to come down the Wednesday before, to experience the Mine Train, and go to a waterpark, but I'm afraid if the crowds! We'd stay at BCV, so I was planning to just hang out at SAB on arrival day, hit MK on either Thursday or Friday, and try the waterpark on the other day. Can't go to WDW without at least one park day - no matter how busy it is - or can we? The other possibility would be to get 2 day WPF&M tickets and come back for the Sat-Sunday after the cruise, but I'm guessing it would be almost as busy that weekend, too!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
triciari
DIS Veteran

Forget that last part. I've realized that going back to a crazy busy park would be a silly way to end a relaxing cruise vacation! We'll just come straight home after debarkation!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: