Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #46
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yeah, my contractions never regulated. They would send me home telling me that my contractions were too far apart. Finally Scotty called and told them that my contractions were lasting for five minutes or longer. So they said to bring me back. By them Kacy was in distress. We almost lost her because they wasted time. My Dr is the head of the department now and I can't find one that I like. Good luck with yours.
Wow!! That's scary!! I actually had that fear with James just because my water did the full break! They didn't want to check me too often cuz they didn't want to introduce bacteria and according to the ultrasound they did do there was still enough fluid for him in there. But I was still worried just because my contractions weren't coming and I wasn't dilating. I was afraid I'd end up with a C-section but luckily the Pitocin worked. I think Sarah was my easiest one because I went into full labor without my water breaking and once they broke my water everything was done in less than 10 minutes and 2 pushes!!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #47
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

March 23 Ė Jamesí first coaster! But first we have to meet a Mouse or two!

After meeting Merida we headed into Toon Town to see some friends we hadnít seen yet. First up was Minnie. We got to explore her house while we waited to see her.

















There she is:



Having a tea party!




Next upÖ.. Mickey!!



Mommy getting her hug!!





James decided he had to get his own pictures with Mickey.





HUGS!!!




ContÖ.
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #48
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

March 23 ContÖ.

After meeting Mickey the kids tried to take his car on a joy ride.



Luckily Mickey didnít leave the keys in it or else she would have been across ToonTown in no time at all!!!



I finally decided to measure James for Gadgetís Go Coaster and guess what!! He was finally tall enough for it!!!



Before:





I didnít get any after pictures because the verdict was in: HE HATED IT!!!!! Cried and screamed the whole entire time!!! Poor baby!! I felt bad but at the same time how would we know if heíd like it or not unless we got him on it. Guess I only have one coaster fan in the family so far and thatís Jeremy. Sarah loves the little oneís like this but not the big oneís like BTMRR or Space (which she hasnít gone on yet, just got in line then freaked out!!!)

Up next letís meet some princesses!!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #49
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,144

I'm heading over from D~'s ptr. I love your report so far. What is sooo cute to me is that picture where James is being hugged by Mickey and the adorable look on Jeremy's face as he watches his brother. Just so cute!

I was 15 years old when I went to DL the one and only time in my life. And that was a very loooong time ago!! I would love to get back there one day with my DH who has never been there.

Hope your kiddos are feeling better and don't get the bad stuff going around. It's so hard to keep them healthy this time of year!
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #50
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I'm heading over from D~'s ptr. I love your report so far. What is sooo cute to me is that picture where James is being hugged by Mickey and the adorable look on Jeremy's face as he watches his brother. Just so cute!

I was 15 years old when I went to DL the one and only time in my life. And that was a very loooong time ago!! I would love to get back there one day with my DH who has never been there.

Hope your kiddos are feeling better and don't get the bad stuff going around. It's so hard to keep them healthy this time of year!
Welcome!! And thank you!!! I noticed that too after I posted the picture. It looks like Jeremy is cheering his brother on. At first James wanted nothing to do with him then he was like Down Mommy. So I put him down not knowing what he was going to do and he walked up to Mickey and kind of turned around to get his picture taken. It was such a sweet moment!!

Yes I think it's time you got to go back!!!! That's how I was with WDW, went when I was 15 with my grandparent's then finally got to go back 15 years later with my DH, Jeremy, Sarah and my parent's for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. Been trying to get us back ever since but unfortunately airfare stops us for now.

I really thought we were all finally better but then last night Jeremy didn't eat dinner and was complaining about an upset stomach (yeah that didn't turn out well), but he woke up perfectly fine (never had a fever or anything else) and went to school today. Then as we're getting ready to leave to bring Jeremy and Sarah both to school Sarah had to run out of our garage and lost her breakfast. So she's home with me and James today. Now James let's just say did not have a very nice diaper last night and I've had nothing but stomach problems all morning. So I'm really hoping it's just a 24 hour bug and we can beat this fast!!! I've got stuff to do when the kids are in school and can't do it when I've got sick kids!!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #51
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Wow!! That's scary!! I actually had that fear with James just because my water did the full break! They didn't want to check me too often cuz they didn't want to introduce bacteria and according to the ultrasound they did do there was still enough fluid for him in there. But I was still worried just because my contractions weren't coming and I wasn't dilating. I was afraid I'd end up with a C-section but luckily the Pitocin worked. I think Sarah was my easiest one because I went into full labor without my water breaking and once they broke my water everything was done in less than 10 minutes and 2 pushes!!

It was scary but you know what? She is going to be 20 years old tomorrow. Quick delivery is great. For all the labor I had she was a quick delivery. Three pushes and boom!


Love the updates. James is so cute with Mickey! To bad about Gadget's Go Go Coaster but you're right that is the only way to find out if he likes it. Who knows in the next few years he may be that one that is roller coaster crazy.

I love the pictures of the kids in Minnie and Mickey's houses. They are so cute. I love how interactive the houses are. There so many cute things to see and play with. No matter how many times I go through the houses I always see something new. What great fun! Seeing your pictures and reading your trip report are making me want to plan a trip.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #52
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,916

Sandra, I'm so sorry, I'm behind on all my subscriptions.

Once again, another TR that makes me want to go back to CA. My family has never been there, but I was there back in the '80's on a family vacation. We only did DL for one day.

The Alice ride sounds fun!

Do the kids like to spin or not spin on the tea cups? I assume it's self regulated like our is?

Yikes about dropping the camera! How lucky that only the next couple pictures were blurry.

Is Casey Jrs Train the little train that goes around the little scenery and buildings?

Maybe Jeremy will like princesses when he gets older?

Boy do I miss our Toon Town after seeing yours. Though New Fantasyland is nicer than Toontown.

The first picture in the car is so cute. Was the sun in Jeremy's eyes and his sister was helping to shade them?

All the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #53
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...
 
Jaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 696

I love all the fun ToonTown pictures! Our 2.75-year-old just made the height for Gadget's Go-Coaster too! (Though our little thrill-seeker loved it...) I like the look on James' face in that last picture!
__________________

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #54
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It was scary but you know what? She is going to be 20 years old tomorrow. Quick delivery is great. For all the labor I had she was a quick delivery. Three pushes and boom!


Love the updates. James is so cute with Mickey! To bad about Gadget's Go Go Coaster but you're right that is the only way to find out if he likes it. Who knows in the next few years he may be that one that is roller coaster crazy.

I love the pictures of the kids in Minnie and Mickey's houses. They are so cute. I love how interactive the houses are. There so many cute things to see and play with. No matter how many times I go through the houses I always see something new. What great fun! Seeing your pictures and reading your trip report are making me want to plan a trip.
Glad once she was ready it was fast!! Hope she has a very happy birthday tomorrow!!

We'll keep trying to bring him on them and see what happens. I used to be that parent with the screaming, crying kids to meet the characters. Now look at them!!

I agree! It is fun to go through their houses and check everything out!! MY DH just likes to get to the character so he's always trying to rush us through. That's why there's more pictures of Minnie's house than Mickey's. Minnie had about a 20 min wait while Mickey was basically a walk through (5 mins?). Maybe now that you know what's going on with Scotty you can make that trip!! Christmas week is always a fun time!! (That's when we'll be going back!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Sandra, I'm so sorry, I'm behind on all my subscriptions.

Once again, another TR that makes me want to go back to CA. My family has never been there, but I was there back in the '80's on a family vacation. We only did DL for one day.

The Alice ride sounds fun!

Do the kids like to spin or not spin on the tea cups? I assume it's self regulated like our is?

Yikes about dropping the camera! How lucky that only the next couple pictures were blurry.

Is Casey Jrs Train the little train that goes around the little scenery and buildings?

Maybe Jeremy will like princesses when he gets older?

Boy do I miss our Toon Town after seeing yours. Though New Fantasyland is nicer than Toontown.

The first picture in the car is so cute. Was the sun in Jeremy's eyes and his sister was helping to shade them?

All the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.
Time for you to bring your family to CA then!! Christmas is always a fun time!! I could never do DL in just one day!!! I like 3 days minimum!! I know you've got a lot going on so I'm just glad you stop by when you can.

Yes you spin the teacups yourself like the one's in WDW. It depends on which kid is on them on if they like to spin. Jeremy likes to spin fast, Sarah likes to just enjoy the ride and let it do it's thing and James is kind of in the middle likes the spinning but not the fast spin. I don't do them anymore!! My DH loves to spin them fast and I finally just said nope no more!!!

I guess DH had to reset something on the camera and it started working fine again. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Yes the train does go around the little Storybook Area. It's a fun little ride, just not my thing but then again we're not just there for me, we're there for the kids too!

Jeremy's told me he wants to be a pirate when he grows up so you never know if he'll take to the princesses. I can hope!!

From what I remember we have a little bit better of a Toon Town than you guys did. We have more to do than just meet characters. But I'm sure it's still missed since it was a cute area!!

I think Sarah was trying to be a helper with the sun. It was early so of course the sun was shining directly into the kids faces.

Glad to share!! I love to share so I'm glad to do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
I love all the fun ToonTown pictures! Our 2.75-year-old just made the height for Gadget's Go-Coaster too! (Though our little thrill-seeker loved it...) I like the look on James' face in that last picture!
Glad yours loved it!! Mine sure didn't!! I had just pulled his fingers out of his mouth so he still had that "O" shaped look.
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #55
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

I have been there during the Christmas holidays. I either want to go at Halloween or shoot for the beginning of May next year. We shall see.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #56
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,916

I think it's past time for us to go to Disneyland. But I don't like the idea of being away from JJ's doctors. We are going on vacation this year up north. My in-laws have the Cleveland Clinic near them and my parents have the Hershey Medical Center near them. Both good hospitals for seizures. However there will be 4 to 6 days of traveling (2000+ miles of driving) and that I'm already on pins and needles about.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #57
lsulindy
DIS Veteran
 
lsulindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,016

I have 3 kids also. 7, 6, and 2. The two year old is fearless. Almost too much so. He was just a hair under the height, but the lady let him on. I was shocked. He loved it though!

Toontown at DL is much larger and more elaborate than WDW's previous version. The kids really enjoyed it. Toontown had just closed a few weeks earlier on our last WDW trip, and they missed it.
__________________
me dh ds (8) dd (6) ds (2)

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!


lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #58
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I have been there during the Christmas holidays. I either want to go at Halloween or shoot for the beginning of May next year. We shall see.
Halloween is a fun time to go too!! I only said Christmas because that's when we'll be going back. Can't wait to hear when your going back! It sounds like a long time coming though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I think it's past time for us to go to Disneyland. But I don't like the idea of being away from JJ's doctors. We are going on vacation this year up north. My in-laws have the Cleveland Clinic near them and my parents have the Hershey Medical Center near them. Both good hospitals for seizures. However there will be 4 to 6 days of traveling (2000+ miles of driving) and that I'm already on pins and needles about.
I don't blame you. That would be a hard decision to make to be so far away. At least you know where you can go when visiting your in-laws. Hopefully you don't have to use them but they are there if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsulindy View Post
I have 3 kids also. 7, 6, and 2. The two year old is fearless. Almost too much so. He was just a hair under the height, but the lady let him on. I was shocked. He loved it though!

Toontown at DL is much larger and more elaborate than WDW's previous version. The kids really enjoyed it. Toontown had just closed a few weeks earlier on our last WDW trip, and they missed it.
Welcome!! I actually thought he would like it more than he did. Let me correct that I thought he would like it not be terrified of it!!! Yes it was a pure terror cry not a fun cry! What about the 7 and 6 year old? Do they love the fast rides?

That's what I thought. The only time I'd been to WDW's Toontown was in May 2009 (can't remember if it was there when I went in 1992). That's sad you just missed it!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #59
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

It is a ways off but who knows it may come sooner.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #60
lsulindy
DIS Veteran
 
lsulindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Welcome!! I actually thought he would like it more than he did. Let me correct that I thought he would like it not be terrified of it!!! Yes it was a pure terror cry not a fun cry! What about the 7 and 6 year old? Do they love the fast rides?

That's what I thought. The only time I'd been to WDW's Toontown was in May 2009 (can't remember if it was there when I went in 1992). That's sad you just missed it!
My son loves EVERYTHING! DD loves thrill rides, but dislikes the dark rides. She's hated POTC and Haunted Mansion. Can't get enough of BTMRR, Space Mountain, or Goofy's Sky School. Was so mad that she wasn't tall enough for Screamin'. It was DS's favorite, and he rode it many times. She made it well known each time that she was not happy that she wasn't tall enough!

We went to WDW's Toontown when ds was almost 3 and dd was 18 months. They didn't really remember it. Just had a vague idea of "we're supposed to be able to see Mickey and Minnie's houses. Why can't we?" But, DLR's version puts WDW's to shame. However, it was nice to have the option at WDW. It was still a fun/cute area. Especially for the littler ones.
__________________
me dh ds (8) dd (6) ds (2)

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!


lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: