Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #31
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...
 
Jaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 696

Enjoying your report! We just went with similar-aged kids, (6, 5, and 2.5) but it was our first trip! Of course we hit Peter Pan and Dumbo first, too. Your kids are cute, and I do like their eyes! My DH should probably wonder about the mailman, because all of our kids have blue eyes too, and his are brown... (Which are supposed to be dominant, right??) I have blue eyes, and -his- dad does too, but I would sure love a little brown-eyed baby next time...
__________________

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #32
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 747

You definatly can have a blue eyed child. Your husband may carry the Bb gene where as you carry the bb gene. so you have a 1 in 4 chance that your child will be blued eyed. Just remember if husband is BB then no chance of a blue eyed baby as his dominat genes will take over. B = Brown which is dominant b=blue which is ressesive. My parents have 4 blue eyed children last baby that looks just like my Dad is a brown eyed redish haired boy. Dad is the Bb and mom was the bb. So maybe you will need to have 5 kids

I hope I made sense.


Lol had to edit as I figured it out backwards -- LOL Just look at the last child for my mom and dad and that is how it can happen for a brown eyed little one. So you with the 3 blues eyed kids-- and let me say they are so cute -- you would know auto husband has a ressive blue gene. I have almost confused myself now-- I better quit while I am close to being even
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #33
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Don't worry Great America is no Disneyland!!! The last time I was at Discovery Kingdom I was approx. 6 months pregnant with DD. We were comparing the 3 parks and in order of cleanliness/guests we found Discovery Kingdom to be the worse with Great America being just a step up and of course Disneyland being the best of the 3!! I'd like to take the kids back to Discovery Kingdom just for the shows and the animals but I know the zoo is probably a better place to go for that. We did look into passes there a few years ago but Great America had the better value and I don't have to pay to go over a bridge!!!

I am not a fan of crossing the bridges myself. My BIL was in the hospital in Walnut Creek and I hated it. More traffic and bridge toll. Ironically I don't mind the traffic when I am going to Disneyland but anywhere else I get tired of it.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #34
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...
 
Jaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
You definatly can have a blue eyed child. Your husband may carry the Bb gene where as you carry the bb gene. so you have a 1 in 4 chance that your child will be blued eyed. Just remember if husband is BB then no chance of a blue eyed baby as his dominat genes will take over. B = Brown which is dominant b=blue which is ressesive. My parents have 4 blue eyed children last baby that looks just like my Dad is a brown eyed redish haired boy. Dad is the Bb and mom was the bb. So maybe you will need to have 5 kids

I hope I made sense.
Yeah, I had that section in genetics. Which is why I keep being surprised that they all have blue eyes, (so far) because it just seemed more likely that we would be likely to have at least -one- set of Bb, right? DH also has really dark hair (and it started out decently dark), and our kids are all blonde-ish! (But I'm pretty sure they'll all darken up as they grow...) Everywhere I go, I get, "Wow, they look just like you, Mom..." ;-)
__________________

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #35
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Enjoying your report! We just went with similar-aged kids, (6, 5, and 2.5) but it was our first trip! Of course we hit Peter Pan and Dumbo first, too. Your kids are cute, and I do like their eyes! My DH should probably wonder about the mailman, because all of our kids have blue eyes too, and his are brown... (Which are supposed to be dominant, right??) I have blue eyes, and -his- dad does too, but I would sure love a little brown-eyed baby next time...
Thank you!! I'm glad we aren't the only crazy one's to have our kids so close in age and to take them to Disneyland!!! This wasn't our first trip as I'm sure you can guess!! I figured it out the other day and counting this trip Jeremy has been to Disneyland 13 times and WDW 1 time, Sarah has been to Disneyland 11 times and WDW 1 time and James has been to Disneyland 9 times!! I sure do have some spoiled kids!! You do have to hit two of the most popular rides first!! If not then you may end up having a little bit of a wait to get on!!

Sounds like your DH has a blue recessive gene in there due to his dad. My grandparent's had 5 daughters. They all have brown except for my mom is who has blue eyes and the funny thing is she's a twin!! They are fraternal so of course they are going to look different but it's just funny one has blue eyes and the other has brown. I agree brown eye's are adorable on babies but I guess I'm stuck with blue since it's the dominant for us!!

So is that a hint that you are wanting baby number 4? Sounds like we have a lot in common because my DH and I are wanting at least one more too!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
You definatly can have a blue eyed child. Your husband may carry the Bb gene where as you carry the bb gene. so you have a 1 in 4 chance that your child will be blued eyed. Just remember if husband is BB then no chance of a blue eyed baby as his dominat genes will take over. B = Brown which is dominant b=blue which is ressesive. My parents have 4 blue eyed children last baby that looks just like my Dad is a brown eyed redish haired boy. Dad is the Bb and mom was the bb. So maybe you will need to have 5 kids

I hope I made sense.


Lol had to edit as I figured it out backwards -- LOL Just look at the last child for my mom and dad and that is how it can happen for a brown eyed little one. So you with the 3 blues eyed kids-- and let me say they are so cute -- you would know auto husband has a ressive blue gene. I have almost confused myself now-- I better quit while I am close to being even
Made perfect sense!! To someone who's gone through all the research for why some have blue and other's have brown in the exact same family. Especially when dealing with twins!! We've actually been able to trace back our blue eye's to our ties to the Cherokee Indians (my family is on the Dawes Rolls, which is the Indian registry. My Great-Great-Great Grandpa was 100% Indian. He gave up his position as an Indian Chief to marry a white woman. It's actually a pretty interesting story that my Great Grandma used to tell me when I was a little girl.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am not a fan of crossing the bridges myself. My BIL was in the hospital in Walnut Creek and I hated it. More traffic and bridge toll. Ironically I don't mind the traffic when I am going to Disneyland but anywhere else I get tired of it.
To bad I didn't realize you were in Walnut Creek!! I had all 3 of my kids at Kaiser in Walnut Creek!! Show's you how close I am to that area (almost didn't make it with Jeremy, I was only there for about 20 mins before he was born!!) It don't matter where I am I hate traffic!! But I guess if I'm going to Disneyland I can deal with the traffic better!!!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #36
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Yeah, I had that section in genetics. Which is why I keep being surprised that they all have blue eyes, (so far) because it just seemed more likely that we would be likely to have at least -one- set of Bb, right? DH also has really dark hair (and it started out decently dark), and our kids are all blonde-ish! (But I'm pretty sure they'll all darken up as they grow...) Everywhere I go, I get, "Wow, they look just like you, Mom..." ;-)
Don't you just love that comment about them looking just like you!! We get it here a lot too until they see my DH! Then they say they look just like him!! Mine all started out blonde and now they have more brown. So I'm sure it'll get darker too.
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #37
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...
 
Jaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 696

I'm on my phone and have no idea how to quote, but are your kids' names seriously Jeremy, Sarah, and James? My name is Sara, Dh's name is Jeremy, and we seriously considered James for our son. (It's my dad's middle name). We should see how many more similarities we can find...
__________________

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #38
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
I'm on my phone and have no idea how to quote, but are your kids' names seriously Jeremy, Sarah, and James? My name is Sara, Dh's name is Jeremy, and we seriously considered James for our son. (It's my dad's middle name). We should see how many more similarities we can find...
Jeremy Andrew is my oldest (he has the same initials as my DH, JAL), Sarah (her middle name is Ellen after me, my mom and my great grandma) and James Warren is named after our grandpa's. I didn't catch that your DH name was Jeremy!!! That's too funny!!! I ran into a CM at DL whose name was Jeremy and it was so cute because my Jeremy was with me and he goes Mommy he has my name!! The guy thought it was cute and ended up giving us extra popcorn!! It is funny that there's so much in common!!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #39
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Thank you!! I'm glad we aren't the only crazy one's to have our kids so close in age and to take them to Disneyland!!! This wasn't our first trip as I'm sure you can guess!! I figured it out the other day and counting this trip Jeremy has been to Disneyland 13 times and WDW 1 time, Sarah has been to Disneyland 11 times and WDW 1 time and James has been to Disneyland 9 times!! I sure do have some spoiled kids!! You do have to hit two of the most popular rides first!! If not then you may end up having a little bit of a wait to get on!!

Sounds like your DH has a blue recessive gene in there due to his dad. My grandparent's had 5 daughters. They all have brown except for my mom is who has blue eyes and the funny thing is she's a twin!! They are fraternal so of course they are going to look different but it's just funny one has blue eyes and the other has brown. I agree brown eye's are adorable on babies but I guess I'm stuck with blue since it's the dominant for us!!

So is that a hint that you are wanting baby number 4? Sounds like we have a lot in common because my DH and I are wanting at least one more too!!!




Made perfect sense!! To someone who's gone through all the research for why some have blue and other's have brown in the exact same family. Especially when dealing with twins!! We've actually been able to trace back our blue eye's to our ties to the Cherokee Indians (my family is on the Dawes Rolls, which is the Indian registry. My Great-Great-Great Grandpa was 100% Indian. He gave up his position as an Indian Chief to marry a white woman. It's actually a pretty interesting story that my Great Grandma used to tell me when I was a little girl.)



To bad I didn't realize you were in Walnut Creek!! I had all 3 of my kids at Kaiser in Walnut Creek!! Show's you how close I am to that area (almost didn't make it with Jeremy, I was only there for about 20 mins before he was born!!) It don't matter where I am I hate traffic!! But I guess if I'm going to Disneyland I can deal with the traffic better!!!

I had one kid at Kaiser in Vallejo and the other two were born at a hospital here in town. I swore after the first one I would never have another baby at Kaiser. As much as I like Kaiser not for babies. Crazy! You are lucky you made it in time. The worst traffic for me in the Sacramento traffic. The drivers there do no commute like the rest of us.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #40
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I had one kid at Kaiser in Vallejo and the other two were born at a hospital here in town. I swore after the first one I would never have another baby at Kaiser. As much as I like Kaiser not for babies. Crazy! You are lucky you made it in time. The worst traffic for me in the Sacramento traffic. The drivers there do no commute like the rest of us.
I had no problems at all with Kaiser. The only issue I had was I kept asking for an epidural for my first one but no one told me there was no time and the baby was coming!! So I ended up hyperventilating during labor and had to breath into a bag!!! Now just tell me the baby is coming and there's no time and I would have been fine!!! My SIL had her 2nd at Kaiser and hated it. She preferred the county hospital in Oakland that she had her 1st at. At least when I walked into Kaiser I felt like the place was clean unlike the one in Oakland. Different experiences for different people. Yeah they do drive differently in Sacramento!!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #41
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I had no problems at all with Kaiser. The only issue I had was I kept asking for an epidural for my first one but no one told me there was no time and the baby was coming!! So I ended up hyperventilating during labor and had to breath into a bag!!! Now just tell me the baby is coming and there's no time and I would have been fine!!! My SIL had her 2nd at Kaiser and hated it. She preferred the county hospital in Oakland that she had her 1st at. At least when I walked into Kaiser I felt like the place was clean unlike the one in Oakland. Different experiences for different people. Yeah they do drive differently in Sacramento!!

I was fine with my Dr through the pregnancy. Dr Snook was amazing! I was not thrilled with the labor and delivery nurses. I was in labor for over 48 hours, I was so tired I forgot to breath. The other two were cesarian as she should have been. North Bay is clean thankfully.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #42
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I was fine with my Dr through the pregnancy. Dr Snook was amazing! I was not thrilled with the labor and delivery nurses. I was in labor for over 48 hours, I was so tired I forgot to breath. The other two were cesarian as she should have been. North Bay is clean thankfully.
Yeah I had fast easy deliveries for the most part so I could only imagine being in labor for 48 hours!!! James was about 11 hours but it wasn't full blown labor until the last 30 mins or so when they gave me Pitocin (they didn't believe me that I wanted to push and that it had taken affect that fast!!) My water broke at approx. 8:30 pm and he was born the next day at 7 am. They said they would like to have the baby born before the shift change happened and didn't want me in labor in the middle of it. I loved my Dr. But unfortunately she retired in September and now I have a new one and like her so far. Clean is a huge plus in my book!!!
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #43
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 747

For Ladylyons. Make sure you write down the story of the Indian Chief that gave up his title for love of a white woman . That sounds so very interesting. My nephews gets funds from the oklahoma indians-- not sure what tribe -- I have not one clue only that their father is like 1/2 or 1/4. My heritage is I am half Scot--- Moms mom and dad came to America from Scotland when the travel for the lower class was not a cruise -- just a slow boat to America. It is just nice to know how we came about and for me how clsoe I came to being from across the pond as they say.

Enjoying the review and updates.

Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #44
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
For Ladylyons. Make sure you write down the story of the Indian Chief that gave up his title for love of a white woman . That sounds so very interesting. My nephews gets funds from the oklahoma indians-- not sure what tribe -- I have not one clue only that their father is like 1/2 or 1/4. My heritage is I am half Scot--- Moms mom and dad came to America from Scotland when the travel for the lower class was not a cruise -- just a slow boat to America. It is just nice to know how we came about and for me how clsoe I came to being from across the pond as they say.

Enjoying the review and updates.

We have. I am 1/32 Indian if I remember correctly. My mom gets her medical taken care of in Oregon but we don't have any local tribes in California so there isn't much I could get. I think I'm just past where I could get anything anyways. I'm waiting to hear back from the Cherokee Nation on what my kids and I can get if anything. My grandpa's family came from England and it also was a on a slow boat to America. Researching the family tree is a very interesting thing and to see just how close we came to being somewhere else.

Thanks!! I hope to get another one up soon. My son just went back to school today from spring break and my daughter goes back tomorrow but now both my boys are sick so I don't know how much time I'm really going to have to write more. I do want to get back to it though because I don't want to forget things that we did.
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #45
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Yeah I had fast easy deliveries for the most part so I could only imagine being in labor for 48 hours!!! James was about 11 hours but it wasn't full blown labor until the last 30 mins or so when they gave me Pitocin (they didn't believe me that I wanted to push and that it had taken affect that fast!!) My water broke at approx. 8:30 pm and he was born the next day at 7 am. They said they would like to have the baby born before the shift change happened and didn't want me in labor in the middle of it. I loved my Dr. But unfortunately she retired in September and now I have a new one and like her so far. Clean is a huge plus in my book!!!

Yeah, my contractions never regulated. They would send me home telling me that my contractions were too far apart. Finally Scotty called and told them that my contractions were lasting for five minutes or longer. So they said to bring me back. By them Kacy was in distress. We almost lost her because they wasted time. My Dr is the head of the department now and I can't find one that I like. Good luck with yours.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: