Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #271
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
Like i said, i understand that they have to advertise their other shows. But can't they find a spot with a better tagline than "Sex, Lies, and Really Hot Guys" to air during a family show? Advertisements should be tailored towards the viewing audience. And I don't think those ads fit the time slot in which they aired.
Maybe it's just me but I don't consider OUAT a family show - at least not one for younger kids. Sure it's about fairy tale characters but the show can be violent & at times the language isn't all that great. There's not as much sex going on as Revenge or Betrayal but it's definitely in there!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #272
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Like i said, i understand that they have to advertise their other shows. But can't they find a spot with a better tagline than "Sex, Lies, and Really Hot Guys" to air during a family show? Advertisements should be tailored towards the viewing audience. And I don't think those ads fit the time slot in which they aired.
I agree with you...

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #273
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree 100%.
My DD10 is a good example of an age where she is plenty old enough to be watching OUAT, but certainly not old enough for "Sex, Lies, and Really Hot Guys."
I have found a lot of the advertising in the past to be inappropriate as well. It's one of those things where if you are watching by yourself, you probably wouldn't notice. But, watch with a tween/ early teen and you realize how awful they are.

I have found it best to mute the commercials, or better yet, flip to another station during them. I had forgotten this on the first night, so we did catch a little. Luckily, DS14 was interested in Monday night football and flipped over to check it. This coming week I'll remember.

On another note, we all loved the episode!

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #274
MissMaryQC
Mouseketeer

Loved tonight's episode!! This season is going to be very thrilling.

MissMaryQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #275
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

So what does the stuff "dream shade?" do? Charming was hit with it?
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #276
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
So what does the stuff "dream shade?" do? Charming was hit with it?
It was the same poison used to fatally injure Rumple but in a concentrated form. Hook said in its natural state it causes a slow, painful death.

I was excited about the Tinkerbelle preview. Regina reminded me of Wendy.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #277
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

How did I not know there was a OUAT thread on here?

I am really loving the new season. I need to scroll back through the thread to see what you all are thinking.

We just did a OUAT season 3 premiere party last week if you all would like to see it. We took pictures and video. I will post the video and if you guys would like I can post detailed pictures. We took a lot.

My daughter and I are going to a OUAT convention here in Orlando in November so I had a Snow White costume designed for her. My Regina costume is in progress still. Since its not complete I may turn it into the one Regina wore tonight ( black feathers) since the scene has my daughters costume in it. Then we would match!

Here is the link . Sorry for the bad video taping. The show was about to start so I was in a hurry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OvX...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #278
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

Quote:
I agree !
Old 10-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #279
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

Next week is going to be awesome with Tink showing up!

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #280
TrustMeMom
Mouseketeer

#Tinkerbell

Yeah!
TrustMeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #281
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Contains spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post

I am really loving the new season. I need to scroll back through the thread to see what you all are thinking.

We just did a OUAT season 3 premiere party last week if you all would like to see it. We took pictures and video. I will post the video and if you guys would like I can post detailed pictures. We took a lot.

My daughter and I are going to a OUAT convention here in Orlando in November so I had a Snow White costume designed for her. My Regina costume is in progress still. Since its not complete I may turn it into the one Regina wore tonight ( black feathers) since the scene has my daughters costume in it. Then we would match!

Here is the link . Sorry for the bad video taping. The show was about to start so I was in a hurry.

Cute party!! So creative!

I was really sad when what Emma needed to accept was that she was an orphan. And even more sad when Pan said that before she leaves the island she will be one. This season is starting off awesome! I can't wait for more!!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #282
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How did I not know there was a OUAT thread on here? I am really loving the new season. I need to scroll back through the thread to see what you all are thinking. We just did a OUAT season 3 premiere party last week if you all would like to see it. We took pictures and video. I will post the video and if you guys would like I can post detailed pictures. We took a lot. My daughter and I are going to a OUAT convention here in Orlando in November so I had a Snow White costume designed for her. My Regina costume is in progress still. Since its not complete I may turn it into the one Regina wore tonight ( black feathers) since the scene has my daughters costume in it. Then we would match! Here is the link . Sorry for the bad video taping. The show was about to start so I was in a hurry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OvX...ature=youtu.be
What a cute idea! I'm trying to figure out what the foods on the dining table are.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #283
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like it! What creativity.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #284
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Is there a separate thread for OUAT In Wonderland?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Old 10-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #285
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Is there a separate thread for OUAT In Wonderland? Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Not yet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: