Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #166
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Did anyone read Peter and the Starcatchers? The second book is called Peter and the Shadow Thieves and features a character called "Lord Ombra"

Lord Ombra is the new villain in this novel. He is part man, part shadow, and he moves like liquid. He causes a chill to come over anyone he nears, because he is able to steal their shadow or possess them to read their thoughts and enslave them. Ombra is afraid of the light, but it aids him in capturing shadows. He is one of the greater "Others". Lord Ombra is supposedly destroyed by a brilliant flash of light that breaks him into millions of tiny shadows. The name Ombra is derived from the French word for "shadow".
LKFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #167
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Good thought on Lord Ombra~ I was trying to figure out who a big villain could be that we haven't met yet. I think the blonde boy is Peter.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #168
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeNJ View Post
Any ideas who Tamara is? They seem to know a lot about magic and portals!
In re-watching last night's episode, I was wondering why Tamara and her cohort were going to a magical land - especially Neverland. I'm wondering if she is really Tiger Lilly. I can't figure out who the guy is though.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #169
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post
Good thought on Lord Ombra~ I was trying to figure out who a big villain could be that we haven't met yet. I think the blonde boy is Peter.
I don't think the blond kid is Peter since he was referring to him in the last couple of minutes of the show. But we'll find out for sure next season!!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #170
smkiya
Sorta new. ;) Still gets a tag
THREADJACKER ALERT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams

In re-watching last night's episode, I was wondering why Tamara and her cohort were going to a magical land - especially Neverland. I'm wondering if she is really Tiger Lilly. I can't figure out who the guy is though.
They didn't use a compass to choose a land did they? Couldn't they end up anywhere?
smkiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #171
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkiya View Post
They didn't use a compass to choose a land did they? Couldn't they end up anywhere?
Hook said that they went to Neverland in answer to Mary Margaret and Emma after they jumped through the portal with Henry.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #172
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post

Hook is Colin O'Donoghue. Hes Irish He's done most of his work over there. http://www.colinodonoghue.com/
IRISH??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
OK ladies, here's some more eye candy for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZX1gSBuYlQ
It's just too much, now I've taken to watching YouTube videos of this dude, I'll need to delete my browser history before DH sees it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue View Post
Sorry, but this Capt. Hook is too wimpy for me. He never puts up much of a fight (for a pirate). He seemed afraid of the Lost Boys. And that scuffle with Greg, seriously? You have a HOOK, use it!

Glad they gave Belle her memory back. I knew Neal wasn't dead. So, now we have some in Neverland, some in Fairytale Land, and the rest were left in Storybrooke. I hope next season is better than this one was. They were starting to lose me.
I saw this differently, I thought he was just cool and aloof and didn't really care. Though I have to admit I wondered why he didn't just hook them when they were about to hit the trigger thingy. I'm sure he had a good reason though, love is blind.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #173
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I'm wondering if the shadow is the evil part of Peter Pan, and the real Peter is good. The shadow got away from Peter and took over Neverland. To defeat the shadow, they have to attach it back to Peter.

I don't know how, but could Henry be Peter Pan? That would be a great explanation as to why the shadow wants to find him. He would want the real Peter destroyed so he can continue to live and rule on his own.

I love the theory that the "society" that Tamara belongs to was started by Wendy. It would make sense that they would look for Henry as a bargaining tool to get Baelfire back.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #174
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I'm wondering if the shadow is the evil part of Peter Pan, and the real Peter is good. The shadow got away from Peter and took over Neverland. To defeat the shadow, they have to attach it back to Peter.

I don't know how, but could Henry be Peter Pan? That would be a great explanation as to why the shadow wants to find him. He would want the real Peter destroyed so he can continue to live and rule on his own.

I love the theory that the "society" that Tamara belongs to was started by Wendy. It would make sense that they would look for Henry as a bargaining tool to get Baelfire back.
I like the idea of Henry being Peter
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #175
Mr.MouseFan
Is a line cutter
The TF knows who you are!
Performs random acts of kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
But maybe it will be a Lost Boy who leads him to Bae.
Indeed. Good thought there. Afterall, the future isn't always what it seems.
'11 Port Orleans Riverside
'12 Art of Animation
'07 '09 '14 - Disneyland
Mr.MouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #176
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

I didn't realize they closed the original thread... just thought you guys got really quiet...

I predicted about 1/2 of the way through season 1, and I still stick by it... Emma Swan is TINK!!!!

Thoughts??

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561

Last edited by twokids0204; 05-14-2013 at 09:09 PM.
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #177
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I didn't realize they closed the original thread... just thought you guys got really quiet...

I predicted about 1/2 of the way through season 1, and I still stick by it... Emma Swan is TINK!!!!

Thoughts??
See this post from the original thread....

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2465

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #178
TubaBabe86
Alison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo

What if the whole sob story Wendy gave to Bae after "being let go" was just a big setup to seeing what he truly knew about magic and what he would do for his family/loved ones?
TubaBabe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #179
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

ahhhhhhhh...more Hook please! I can't help but compare Hook and Emma to Cap'n Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth~ Captain to Captain, Swan to Swan, lol. I am SO hoping that since they are heading to Neverland Hook is going to be in every episode
I love me some Villian's
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #180
BlakeNJ
DIS Veteran

Am I the only one who didn't know Josh and Ginnifer were dating IRL?? Reading US Weekly while washing away those grays!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: