Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
aidensmom31
Obsessed Disney Fan

Towncar/Limo Services

I know there have been threads about this before but I am not having any luck. I want to make this coming trip the BEST ever...or until the next time we go atleast . So I want to try something new and do a towncar/limo instead of the shuttle. What companies would you suggest? What ones would you avoid? How much did it cost you approx.? And what airport were you traveling from?

It looks like we will either fly into Long Beach or John Wayne.

Thank you for all your help

aidensmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Sunny's Transportation

Hi,

We've used Sunny's Transportation 3 times now (since last December). Here's his website: http://www.affordabletowncarservices.com/.

I've already written a review on another post (before our last trip in Feb) - I'm not sure how to link to it . I would highly recommend his services.

We first found him just by doing a basic google search - we left a voicemail message for him and he called us back within an hour. I think we followed up with an email with our exact flight info, etc. We didn't want to give him our credit card - so, we just paid him cash when he picked us up at SNA and he was fine with that. His towncar was clean and seemed to be in good repair. He was very friendly and professional. He offers free carseats/booster seats, if you need them (we didn't) and the best thing was he was early to pick us up - both directions - for our arrival at SNA and for our return ride from GCH back to SNA for our flight home a few days later. We were so amazed that he even sent a text to us before we got off the plane! So, we didn't even have to feel stressed that he wasn't going to be there! He even stopped at the 7-11 near GCH for us so that we could pick up some bottled water, soda and snacks!

I think we gave him $50 each way (plus a tip ). I much prefer to do the limo than a taxi or a shared shuttle. We used to always rent a car, but found that we never used the car much & didn't want to pay for parking at the hotel.

We are going back to DLR again on Monday & we're all set to have him pick us up and bring us to DLH!

Hope this helps you. Have a great trip.

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
goofyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
georgiesmum
Mouseketeer

We used DK's Livery earlier this month and we loved them. We flew in to LAX, the cost was $98 including taxes and gratuities but that was because we flew international. Domestic is $90. Not sure of costs from where you're flying. I only had contact by email and they got back to me quickly everytime.
georgiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
aidensmom31
Obsessed Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiesmum View Post
We used DK's Livery earlier this month and we loved them. We flew in to LAX, the cost was $98 including taxes and gratuities but that was because we flew international. Domestic is $90. Not sure of costs from where you're flying. I only had contact by email and they got back to me quickly everytime.
Do they have a website?

aidensmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
Scotland52
Earning My Ears

Execu Car Express

I haven't used this service, but it seems very reasonable. When I checked it out it was $54 from Long Beach airport to Anaheim.
Scotland52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
Scotland52
Earning My Ears

Execu Car Express

I should have added: Total cost was $54 for up to 5 people.
Scotland52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #7
georgiesmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensmom31 View Post
Do they have a website?
http://www.dklivery.com/
georgiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiesmum
I would like to use this service as well (came highly recommended by son-in-law) but there is no way on their website other than phone to contact them. Or am I just missing it? Would prefer to contact them by email but if I have to call I will.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We used DK Livery a couple of weeks ago. They were very professional. Here's how I knew we had chosen wisely:

As we came down the escalator into the baggage claim area, the first person we saw was wearing a suit and holding a computer printed sign with our name on it. Then, as I looked around, I noticed a young lady with a cropped t-shirt and someone's name handwritten in highlighter on a piece of paper. I have no idea what company she was with, but it made me very glad that I chose DK Livery!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
I would like to use this service as well (came highly recommended by son-in-law) but there is no way on their website other than phone to contact them. Or am I just missing it? Would prefer to contact them by email but if I have to call I will.
In the top right corner, choose "Contact Us." This will send you to a form so that you can give them your travel information. They will email you back a confirmation.

Also, we were able to do a brief grocery stop at Von's.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
ftg
Earning My Ears

DK Livery

We used DK Livery last week and found them on time and very efficient. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and round trip from LAX was $175.00.
ftg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
carisa81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
We used DK Livery a couple of weeks ago. They were very professional. Here's how I knew we had chosen wisely:

As we came down the escalator into the baggage claim area, the first person we saw was wearing a suit and holding a computer printed sign with our name on it. Then, as I looked around, I noticed a young lady with a cropped t-shirt and someone's name handwritten in highlighter on a piece of paper. I have no idea what company she was with, but it made me very glad that I chose DK Livery!
Haha!! That's hilarious! I would have been glad, too! We are looking into one as well for our April trip to the GC. Makes me excited.

DD-4 DS-4

Disneyland as a Child~countless times.

Disneyland as an Adult~2000-PPH, 2007-Hyatt Regency Orange County, 2008-GC Premium DTD View, 2009-GC DTD View, 2010-GC Pool View, 2011-GC Premium DTD View, 2012-DLH Pool View, 2013-GC Premium DTD View.

Hoping to go this June, 2014!
carisa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
carisa81
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what roundtrip costs from the John Wayne-SNA airport is? To the GC? For DK Livery? Or any other good service?

DD-4 DS-4

Disneyland as an Adult~2000-PPH, 2007-Hyatt Regency Orange County, 2008-GC Premium DTD View, 2009-GC DTD View, 2010-GC Pool View, 2011-GC Premium DTD View, 2012-DLH Pool View, 2013-GC Premium DTD View.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
carisa81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfordisney View Post
Hi,

We've used Sunny's Transportation 3 times now (since last December). Here's his website: http://www.affordabletowncarservices.com/.

I've already written a review on another post (before our last trip in Feb) - I'm not sure how to link to it . I would highly recommend his services.

We first found him just by doing a basic google search - we left a voicemail message for him and he called us back within an hour. I think we followed up with an email with our exact flight info, etc. We didn't want to give him our credit card - so, we just paid him cash when he picked us up at SNA and he was fine with that. His towncar was clean and seemed to be in good repair. He was very friendly and professional. He offers free carseats/booster seats, if you need them (we didn't) and the best thing was he was early to pick us up - both directions - for our arrival at SNA and for our return ride from GCH back to SNA for our flight home a few days later. We were so amazed that he even sent a text to us before we got off the plane! So, we didn't even have to feel stressed that he wasn't going to be there! He even stopped at the 7-11 near GCH for us so that we could pick up some bottled water, soda and snacks!

I think we gave him $50 each way (plus a tip ). I much prefer to do the limo than a taxi or a shared shuttle. We used to always rent a car, but found that we never used the car much & didn't want to pay for parking at the hotel.

We are going back to DLR again on Monday & we're all set to have him pick us up and bring us to DLH!

Hope this helps you. Have a great trip.
I just emailed them for a quote for our trip later in April. It looks like a nice company. I'm also going to get a quote from DKS livery.

DD-4 DS-4

Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx

In the top right corner, choose "Contact Us." This will send you to a form so that you can give them your travel information. They will email you back a confirmation.

Also, we were able to do a brief grocery stop at Von's.
For some reason it only gives a phone number to contact them. Maybe it's because I am using my iPad. I'll boot up my laptop to see it it is any different. Thanks for the info!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: