Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #16
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
No. Tattling is as immature as cursing at someone.
I agree--though I find that on these boards there are more people who want to tattle than people who don't!! I'm shocked at some of the things people post that they have tattled on or want to tattle on- seems they were never taught to mind their own business.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
I agree--though I find that on these boards there are more people who want to tattle than people who don't!! I'm shocked at some of the things people post that they have tattled on or want to tattle on- seems they were never taught to mind their own business.
I am absolutely amazed at the amount of people who are so perfect, they have no tolerance for somebody having a bad day and wanting to tattle on insignificant things.

I could see tattling if the person was swerving to hit you, but venting in their own car, not so much. Especially running to HR without finding out the circumstances first.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

If I felt it necessary I would talk to the employee in question (and that's a big if). There's no way I would report something like this.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

I work in a "professional" job, and I'm constantly reminded that I represent the company 100% of the time. If I did this on company property, I would find myself with a pink slip the next day. Therefore, I would have a hard time biting my tongue, this person represents a company, a company whom you work for and a company who's profits rely on customers. A company is only as strong as it's weakest link and she's a weak link.
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #20
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Nope, would not do anything.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
PebblesMom
Mouseketeer

I would say something to her in this case and just let her know that her behavior can reflect negatively on the hospital and she needs to know that she should stay professional when she is on hospital property.
I personally think that people should up hold professional standards at work or on the property. Would it change the opinions of some if this was a first grade teacher in the school parking lot? or a Preacher in a Church parking lot? I think everyone should up hold some professional standards no matter what positon they hold. This may be a good lesson for her to learn and she will not learn it if she does not realize she was caught.
My opinion of this would change if this was at the grocery store...BUT she was at her place of employment.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMom View Post
I would say something to her in this case and just let her know that her behavior can reflect negatively on the hospital and she needs to know that she should stay professional when she is on hospital property.
I personally think that people should up hold professional standards at work or on the property. Would it change the opinions of some if this was a first grade teacher in the school parking lot? or a Preacher in a Church parking lot? I think everyone should up hold some professional standards no matter what positon they hold. This may be a good lesson for her to learn and she will not learn it if she does not realize she was caught.
My opinion of this would change if this was at the grocery store...BUT she was at her place of employment.
It absolutely does not change my opinion.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #23
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

I work in a place that focuses on children and families. We recieved a letter that stated "We had a wonderful time at __________. However, at the end of the day we were crossing the street and a car nearly hit us. The driver stopped to yell at us from their car to get the -bleep- out of the way, even though we were properly using the crosswalk. The thing that really bothered us was that it was one of your employees- still in uniform and with name tag on. Other than that, our experience was wonderful."

It's not ok to treat strangers like that- especially when you're that near to your place of employment. I would approach the person who shouted at you and let them know it was you that they yelled at, and remind them that they represent the hospital especially when they're on property. What if it had been a family who'd just lost a family member? Or someone with a temper problem who would be willing to physically go after them?

My other approach would be to anonoymously report the situation without the employee's name attached so that a reminder to the entire hospital could be sent out. They'll know who they are and hopefully will understand the possible consequences of their actions (reprimands, termination of employment, etc.- if that is an official policy in place).
MonkeyDishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
low-key
DIS Veteran

shes an idiot, but I would just keep it to myself
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #25
smokeyblue
DIS Veteran

Lots of different points of view here. I was leaning twards the, nothing good is going to come of this, but the last couple of posts are swaying me the other way.

I know for sure that this statement was directed at us, she was actually looking and projecting what she was saying twards us. She was proabably only 6-8 feet away. The vendor was the first to comment "wow that was inappropriate, I hope she doesn't work here."

Now my thought is, if we were looking at a sign inside and she walked by and yelled this at us I wouldn't hesitate reporting her. Why should I treat this situation any differently because we happened to be outside?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #26
marlynnp
No take backs, bowing out or other weenie manuevers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
So an employee, in his or her own car, trying to go home after a long day at the hospital, isn't allowed to blow off a little steam when three people are standing on a medium in between the entrance and exit to the parking lot?

Why are you on the median? Wasn't there someone else to stand? What if one of you lost your footing and got hit by this person? Maybe that's what he or she was worrying about.
Did you actually read the post? It starts with:

I was meeting with the Grounds Spvr. and a sign vendor to discuss repairing a parking lot sign. We were standing on a concrete island between the enter and exit drive lanes assessing the sign....

They weren't impeding traffic in any way!

OP, it's sound as though you hold a managerial position with the hospital. As such I would at a minimum report the incident to the offender's supervisor, if you aren't comfortable addressing it that way, then report in directly to HR.

'tis better to remain silent and appear a fool; than to speak and remove all doubt.
marlynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #27
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Exactly!! Maybe they were worried about hitting you? Cause in that situation, they would be charged/blamed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck
So an employee, in his or her own car, trying to go home after a long day at the hospital, isn't allowed to blow off a little steam when three people are standing on a medium in between the entrance and exit to the parking lot?

Why are you on the median? Wasn't there someone else to stand? What if one of you lost your footing and got hit by this person? Maybe that's what he or she was worrying about.
Bingo! ITA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2
Double bingo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd
I am absolutely amazed at the amount of people who are so perfect, they have no tolerance for somebody having a bad day and wanting to tattle on insignificant things.

I could see tattling if the person was swerving to hit you, but venting in their own car, not so much. Especially running to HR without finding out the circumstances first.

Were you serious about complaining to HR? About an incident in the parking lot? Wow. Do you drive much at all? Serious question. Do you file a report against everyone that flips you the bird or loses their cool out on the roads?

Going to HR is the cowards way out.

Even if you confronted the person, what type of response do you expect? If I were the person id repeat exactly what I said in the garage. How could that possibly get me fired? I (rudely) told you to get out of my way because....can you guess why?... I was worried id hit you....I was worried one of you would fall...thats not the safest place to be you know.

I just dont see anything good coming out of it. You need to get over this and move on.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlynnp
OP, it's sound as though you hold a managerial position with the hospital. As such I would at a minimum report the incident to the offender's supervisor, if you aren't comfortable addressing it that way, then report in directly to HR.
Why would the supervisor be dragged into this? This has nothing to do with how they do their job.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
ariel71
For all my luck, the Google car would drive by right then, and when I want to sell my house next year, all people would see is a yard full of flamingos when they Google the address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva Mouse View Post
I work in a "professional" job, and I'm constantly reminded that I represent the company 100% of the time. If I did this on company property, I would find myself with a pink slip the next day. Therefore, I would have a hard time biting my tongue, this person represents a company, a company whom you work for and a company who's profits rely on customers. A company is only as strong as it's weakest link and she's a weak link.

I'm flabbergasted that anyone thinks the driver's behavior is OK in any way, shape or form. I can swear like a sailor, but it's completely inappropriate to shout a profanity at anyone on your employer's property. "Having a bad day" or "blowing off steam" is an utterly meaningless excuse.

OP, I wouldn't talk the employee directly. This is not an interpersonal issue; there were two other employees present. It is a work issue and that's exactly what HR is for. It could actually make things worse for you (or even be against policy) to discuss this with her directly. You never know how someone will react.
ariel71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #30
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Do you know this person? If you said so I missed it.

I would send them a nicely worded message directly. It's not an appropriate way to behave IMO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: