Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
SCRAPBOOKQUEEN
Mouseketeer

Tropicanna Inn

Hi Diser's

Anyone stayed at Tropicanna Inn? Any thoughts or reviews on this hotel. Looking at making a reservation for May 2014 trip. It will be myself, my daughter and best friend. We want one with a pool, close for walking and breakfast which it apprears that this has. I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie
SCRAPBOOKQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

I've stayed there several times and would continue to do so. It's no-frills, but you can't beat the location.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
Spwhoney
Mouseketeer

Smile

We are staying there the end of April. After going crazy trying to find a good deal and nice hotel, I finally opted for easy walking distance. Was going to do the ART but we don't want to wait for it 2,3 times a day. Hopefully it will be a good place. I'm not keeping my hopes up for a great breakfast but the rooms have a fridge and microwave. So we can get some precooked sausage and stuff for the microwave.
Spwhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Punchie
Earning My Ears

We stayed there January 2007. I agree, that it's no frills. The breakfast was fairly spartan, and if we stay there again, I will bring breakfast food with us. But the location was great. It took us around 5 min to walk to the park entrance.
Punchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Kauai4life
Earning My Ears

Would you believe I have a reservation for December 2014, thats right 2014. What can I say I plan early. Trip advisor has many reviews the biggest complaint is the breakfast, that is not a big deal for us. Scored a rate of $89.00 a night.
Kauai4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
NiceOneSimba
Mouseketeer

Stayed there last summer. The room was fine--it was clean, the beds were comfortable. Not huge rooms, but decent sized. Breakfast was pretty much donuts. I would second the "bring your own" suggestion, as there is not much selection. I don't remember anything hot. Location is good. Never used the pool, but it looked pretty decent. They may try to make you do valet parking. My husband managed to avoid it and find a spot in the lot himself.

All things considered, we would be just fine styling there again. It isn't our top choice, but it is definitely a good option.
WDW Trips: 11/1978 DLR Trips: 7/1988 (first visit!), 7/1991, 4/2008 (with students) Anabella, 4/2011 (with students) Anabella, 9/2011 (DD's first trip!) BWPPI, 8/2012 Tropicana, 1/18-20/2014 (Tink Half Marathon) BWPPI, 1/29-2/2/2014 (DD's 5th birthday surprise!) DI&S
Upcoming: Innaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend (Rebel Challenge) DI&S
NiceOneSimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
Lm3js
Mouseketeer

We have stayed there the last 2 years and are staying again in June. Clean rooms, comfy beds, big enough for a family of 4 with stuff. We go to the grocery store and stick fridge with milk, cereal and snacks. You can't beat the location and the pool is pretty nice too.
Lm3js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
RayB
Mouseketeer

My favorite place been staying there for 20 years.We usually stay in the Executive Suite, really nice has fridge, microwave, two tvs, two baths with jacuzzi.Great view of the parks.I have also stayed in the regular rooms.Great location and they have always treated us right.
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
My favorite place been staying there for 20 years.We usually stay in the Executive Suite, really nice has fridge, microwave, two tvs, two baths with jacuzzi.Great view of the parks.I have also stayed in the regular rooms.Great location and they have always treated us right.
Are these the ones on the right of the hotel? With the two balconies?
We stayed in those once before and loved it.

OP: we stay there most the time when we go to the park (at least once a year). I line how close it is.
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPBOOKQUEEN View Post
Hi Diser's

Anyone stayed at Tropicanna Inn? Any thoughts or reviews on this hotel. Looking at making a reservation for May 2014 trip. It will be myself, my daughter and best friend. We want one with a pool, close for walking and breakfast which it apprears that this has. I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie
We stayed there last February and have booked it for our upcoming trip in June. We were quite satisfied with the hotel and the staff. Also, at the end of a day we become HUUUUUUUUUUUGE whiners about walking back to our hotel and this one was close enough for us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: