DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
jtheodore
Earning My Ears

Beach Club walk to epcot monorail.

How long of a walk is it from the Beach Club Villas to the Epcot monorail? Is there talk of contract extensions at BCV
jtheodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
ParkHoppers
Mouseketeer

From BCV to the back entrance of Epcot is about 5 min walk.From there maybe 10 walk to the front of Epcot where the monorail is located.
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Well, you have to walk to the Gateway entrance, then walk thru a couple of countries, then thru Future World to the front exit. Not that terrible, but not what you would want to do each time you wanted to visit the MK.

I own at BCV, and we have heard nothing about an extension. I would think that BCV would be the last place they would want to offer one, too. They would much rather sell them all over again, I would think.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheodore View Post
How long of a walk is it from the Beach Club Villas to the Epcot monorail? Is there talk of contract extensions at BCV
You have to enter Epcot and use park admission to get to the monorail.

The OKW extension was pretty much a flop, so I doubt they plan to do any other extensions right now. Why pay $15-25 a point now for years you may never get to use? The extended contracts at OKW that are for sale are not getting the equivalent increase as the owner paid for the extension.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

I must walk slow, it takes me at least 30 minutes plus.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
ParkHoppers
Mouseketeer

Yeah 15 minutes would be about as fast as I could walk it. 20-22 minutes total might be a little bit more in line.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
boardwalk prof
Mouseketeer

BCV to EPCOT Monorail

The "straight line" distance from the Epcot Monorail Station to the front entrance to BCV is 2,925 feet.

Many routes will be longer than 'straight line' measurements due to obstacles like buildings, water or other barriers. "Typical Path Distance", estimated by adding an additional 10% to the 'straight line' value; makes the distance approximately 3,217 feet.

Boardwalk Prof
boardwalk prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

It takes me about an hour or two to get there cause I just cant pass the Rose and Crown without having a few beers for some reason.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardwalk prof View Post
The "straight line" distance from the Epcot Monorail Station to the front entrance to BCV is 2,925 feet.

Many routes will be longer than 'straight line' measurements due to obstacles like buildings, water or other barriers. "Typical Path Distance", estimated by adding an additional 10% to the 'straight line' value; makes the distance approximately 3,217 feet.

Boardwalk Prof
plus the crowds of people who you would need to be avoiding - 30 minutes min wo/crowds

w/crowds - 40 to 45 minutes

the bus is much easier

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #10
ParkHoppers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardwalk prof View Post

Boardwalk Prof
I guess it would all depend on how fast one walks but since a mile is 5280 ft your estimate is a little over a half a mile. So 30-45 mins to walk a little more than a half mile seems a bit long to me. But again it all depends on how fast one walks.I will add that it takes 30 minutes to walk a mile at 2mph which is not very fast. So at a little over a half a mile we would be talking about 17-20 minutes.Studies have shown that the average walking speed of younger pedestrians is about 3.4 miles per hour and older pedestrians average about 2.8 miles per hour so even with crowds a walking speed of 2mph is very reasonable.

Last edited by ParkHoppers; 03-29-2013 at 03:39 AM.
ParkHoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #11
skelooch
DIS Veteran

It's a one mile walk, the average person walks a mile in 20-25 minutes.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelooch View Post
It's a one mile walk, the average person walks a mile in 20-25 minutes.
Not counting time to go thru security and the entrance into Epcot

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
Jasonkat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The OKW extension was pretty much a flop, so I doubt they plan to do any other extensions right now. Why pay $15-25 a point now for years you may never get to use?
I agree completely with this point. I don't see VWL, BCV or BWV getting extensions at any time.

When we were going to buy DVC we were deciding between AKV and VWL. AKV's contract goes out like another 15 years. But at the end of our thought process we just didn't put any weight on that. We'll be in our mid 60s when VWL expires in 2042. It's impossible to guess if we'd still want to be going to WDW at that point. If an extension to VWL was offered today I don't think we'd buy it. It's just way too early to pay cash up front for something you'll see no benefit to for another 30 years.

I think DVC will just let all the contracts expire, then massively renovate the structures of these early DVC resorts and then resell them as new DVC's. That seems to make the most sense all the way around.
Jasonkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcabee View Post
It takes me about an hour or two to get there cause I just cant pass the Rose and Crown without having a few beers for some reason.
hee hee...that's funny rite there
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #15
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

We did this a few times from YC last year. Its a nice walk but if you're looking for a quick trip to MK, take the bus. In addition to the time it takes to walk through Epcot, the monorail stops at the TTC where you have to switch trains. The kids love the MR, its like another ride to them and I prefer it to the bus, but I bet it took us 45mins -1 hour each time to get from YC to MK via Epcot Monorail. Bus takes ~15 mins.

One thing I thought about but didn't try yet was to hit Epcot on a day with early morning magic hours, ride Soarin, TT or MTM and catch the MR to MK for rope drop. Not sure if it would work or not just an idea but that would make a pretty cool start to the day.
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: