Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Mr Snappy
Kansas DisneyLand Junkie

Blue Bayou Trip Report: Much Better!

After skipping BB for a couple of years, this time we decided to try it again. I happy to report that it has improved greatly since our last visit!

We had 5:30 appointment on Monday of last week (March 18). We go there a little early so I could request “waterside” after confirming when I made the reservation that the ONLY way to get waterside was to request it at check-in counter and then wait for availability. The CM told me to expect a 45 minute wait for waterside and that was exactly the wait we experienced.

They seated us right in the middle of the tables along the water. Perfect spot! Service was average, not bad, not spectacular. I had the Filet Mignon and Crab cake, wife had the Crab Cakes, and both sons had the Strip Steaks. My wife and I had the appetizer salads and they were incredible, both sons choose the Gumbo as their starter but both turned up their noses once they tasted it. I tried it and it was also fantastic.

The Filet Mignon was excellent, but pretty small. Crab cake was good, but not exceptional. The best meal of all was the boy’s Strip Steaks and it is what I would recommend. All meals came with the “Blue Bayou Potatoes” and they were great. Even the bread was better than I remembered.

We skipped dessert, all way too full to stuff anymore in our tummies.

Of course, this meal was crazy expensive. If you are interested in going, find a menu with prices before making that reservation.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
cmpeter
DIS Veteran

We had a similar experience when we went in Feb. We went for lunch (1:00 pm reservation.) We asked for a waterside table and were told to expect a 30 minute wait. Our wait ended up being 10 minutes. We got the front and center waterfront table too.

Service was great. One in our party eats GF and the chef came out to speak to her about the options. Two of us had the stuffed salmon and it was fantastic. The other two had the Monte Cristo...which they loved, but wish they would have shared. We all had the salads and loved them.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Earning My Ears

We ended up eating dinner at the blue twice during our trip last week. The food is amazing I had the surf and turf for both meals. Our waiter was great with our kids, and we were able to get a waterside table both time, even though we only had a reservation for the first night
00711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

I've been there at least 15 times over the last 10 years, never once have I had bad food, nor ever had a bad experience.

The only time I was sort of dissapointed was the time we got the table nearest to the kitchen. It did sort of ruin the atmosphere a little bit, but everything else was amazing.
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
carisa81
Mouseketeer

Love the BB!! Just made our reservations yesterday for April 24th at 12:50 for lunch.

DD-4 DS-4

Disneyland as a Child~countless times.

Disneyland as an Adult~2000-PPH, 2007-Hyatt Regency Orange County, 2008-GC Premium DTD View, 2009-GC DTD View, 2010-GC Pool View, 2011-GC Premium DTD View, 2012-DLH Pool View, 2013-GC Premium DTD View.

Hoping to go this June, 2014!
carisa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

I agree! We went in Feb after about a 6+ year hiatus. It was much better then I remembered! Service and food were fantastic! Surf and turf was yummy! Salad too. Mmmm!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
Jerry Horne
Mouseketeer

Dinner reservations for April 9th! Woo-hoo!

Disneyland - 1977, 1985, 2012, 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
California Adventure - 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
Jerry Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

I'm glad to hear such wonderful things!!! I'm definitely thinking this will be a great place for our 1st married anniversary dinner! I hope we can get a waterside table as well...I bet that is amazing!

I was thinking filet mignon or beef strip loin and the hubbs was thinking surf and turf or jumbalaya. Mmm...I'm hungry now.

How bout desserts though? ...Anyone ever gone there just for that?
3 DLR trips: 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2013 all off-site

WDWsBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
stubby
Mouseketeer

We loved BB when we went two years ago. Hubby and I don't exactly have expensive tastes. But, we enjoyed the meals and as you said the potatoes and bread were great. We are returning again in May and it is our first reservation on day 1.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

We never miss a chance to dine at BB. Our last day of our vacation we will be there April 10th for dinner with our closest southern california friends.

Last year for my birthday trip we had a party of 8 or 9 - several who had never been there before and it was an amazing experience.

We always get the Surf and Turf - friends loved the Jambalaya and DH loves the gumbo and I always get the salad which is excellent.

The creme bruelle for dessert was silky smooth last trip..my mouth is watering just talking about it.

I've never had a bad meal there
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: