Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
pls3399
Disney Fanatic

Passport stamps

I read on an older post that if you leave your passport with guest services, they will get it stamped for you at each port. Does anyone know if this is still being done? Thanks.

Kevin

9/28-10/2/08 4 night Honeymoon cruise on the Wonder!
6/18-6/21/09 3 night friendly reunion cruise on the Wonder!
4/11-4/15/10 4 WONDERful days on the Wonder
1/7/11-1/10/11 3 night DREAMy Preview cruise
3/16/12-3/23/12 7 night Fantasy Preview Cruise
4/21/13-4/21/13 4 night Family Cruise on the Dream

There are two types of people in this world, those who need closure,
pls3399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
keaster
DIS Veteran

I would say no to that. I can't imagine Guest Services agreeing to take responsibility for someone's passport, those are pretty valuable documents to fall into the wrong hands.

DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pls3399 View Post
I read on an older post that if you leave your passport with guest services, they will get it stamped for you at each port. Does anyone know if this is still being done? Thanks.

Kevin
You definitely can for Castaway Cay, but I think for the other ports they more often can't do it than can. We took our own to Nassau and it was easy, right at the port. When we went to St. Maarten, it was a holiday so we couldn't get stamps on the Dutch or French side

I saw on the Panama Canal crossing in Dec. that they had someone on board doing the stamping on that day, but you had to take your passport there yourself; I'm hoping that is the case in May because I really want that one.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
You definitely can for Castaway Cay, but I think for the other ports they more often can't do it than can. We took our own to Nassau and it was easy, right at the port. When we went to St. Maarten, it was a holiday so we couldn't get stamps on the Dutch or French side

I saw on the Panama Canal crossing in Dec. that they had someone on board doing the stamping on that day, but you had to take your passport there yourself; I'm hoping that is the case in May because I really want that one.

Nancy
So if you want a CC stamp, do you simply take your passport down to GS and they do it right there on the spot? Any specific time and does it have to be on the CC day?

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
bobyetman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post

Nancy
Yep, on the day we went through the canal, you could get the passport stamp, and buy Panamanian stamps & postcards.
WDW - Fall 83, 84, Feb 90, Nov 92, Jun 94, Jun 98, May 99, Dec 2000, Apr 01, Apr 02, Dec 03, Aug 04, Jan/May/Dec 05, Apr 06, Mar/Jul/Nov 07, Apr/Dec 08, Mar, Dec 09, Jun 10, Oct 10, Jan 11, Mar/Nov 12, Nov 13 - DCL - Apr 08 (W), Dec 08 (W), Jun 10 (W), Jan 11 (D) - Apr 12 (F) - Dec 12 (W) Nov 13 (F) - DL - Nov 80, Jun 81, Sep 90, May 98, Apr 11, Dec 12,
bobyetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
So if you want a CC stamp, do you simply take your passport down to GS and they do it right there on the spot? Any specific time and does it have to be on the CC day?
We left them the night before, they give you a receipt, and then we picked them up the next day.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

This is a great education for me. On our first Disney cruise we asked when we checked in at boarding if there were anywhere to get our passports stamped & the CM told us that they don't stamp passports at all anymore. I wish I knew this a few cruises ago so I could have accumulated a few stamps for my kids. Thanks for the post!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster View Post
I would say no to that. I can't imagine Guest Services agreeing to take responsibility for someone's passport, those are pretty valuable documents to fall into the wrong hands.
It's not actually guest services that holds them it's the passport control officer. On my first two cruises with DCL I had to hand over my passport to them to hold on to. It used to be a policy that all non US Citizens had to hand over their passport to DCL to make them available to customs officials in all ports should they request them. In most ports the passenger manifest is sufficient for the customs oficial to clear the ship.

Since Castaway Cay is not it's own country (as much as DCL would like it to be) it is under the jurisdiction of the Bahamas, sometimes Guest services is able to get stamps in peoples passports when they clear the ship but only if the customs officer brings a stamp with him or her.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
Princess Bree
Earning My Ears

I am SO glad the cruise lines don't hold our non-US passports anymore. It used to be such a pain to get up at 6 am and stand in line to get them back on debarkation day!
Princess Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
pls3399
Disney Fanatic

Thank you to everyone that replied. I will know for sure in 23 days

9/28-10/2/08 4 night Honeymoon cruise on the Wonder!
6/18-6/21/09 3 night friendly reunion cruise on the Wonder!
4/11-4/15/10 4 WONDERful days on the Wonder
1/7/11-1/10/11 3 night DREAMy Preview cruise
3/16/12-3/23/12 7 night Fantasy Preview Cruise
4/21/13-4/21/13 4 night Family Cruise on the Dream

There are two types of people in this world, those who need closure,
pls3399 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: