DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

I don't like waiting!

Waiting for our 7 month window - to try and change our resort ressie. Waiting to see if our BWV goes through ROFR. Waiting for one thing is enough waiting for both at the same time is driving me crazy!!! Please don't say you should have bought where you wanted to stay. When we bought direct - we did not know about resale. We were told AKV or SSR period. We asked about BCV and were told no. We stayed there after buying and DH fell in love with the Epcot resort area. That is why we are trying to add on at BWV NOW. We like AKV ALOT. We enjoy trying different resorts. So far, we have not stayed two years in a row at the same one. We only travel to WDW once a year - at least so far that is.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: MI
Posts: 5,334

BWAHAHAHA!! You sound just like me except my 7mo already happened ... My DH thought I was crazy for stalking a room every morning at 8am.
He was happy when our WL went through.
Now we're waiting for ROFR as well ... Didn't think I would ever say we didn't have enough points. Having kids sure changes everything LOL!

Good luck with the waiting!
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
BWAHAHAHA!! You sound just like me except my 7mo already happened ... My DH thought I was crazy for stalking a room every morning at 8am.
He was happy when our WL went through.
Now we're waiting for ROFR as well ... Didn't think I would ever say we didn't have enough points. Having kids sure changes everything LOL!

Good luck with the waiting!
Thanks, its nice to know I am not alone. That is why I come here.
I haven't been stalking the rooms yet - but I think I will start soon. I don't want to torture myself..... Hubby is much calmer about it. He just wants to go to Disney. He doesn't care we stay or if our BWV goes through or not. He said if it doesn't go through and we end up using all of our points we can always go stay for cash or take a year off. Where are you waiting for with your ROFR?
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: MI
Posts: 5,334

Hehehe BLT
I swear we kept saying we have enough points but then we keep running out of points :P so DH relented and now we are waiting for ROFR.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney
 
kenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,588

We originally bought SSR. We really liked it but once BLT opened and we stayed there we knew we couldn't do the 7 month wait every trip. Ok I couldn't do the 7 month wait. DW is more patient but that is why she calls me her third kid.

We sold our SSR contract and bought all BLT! So happy we did.
__________________

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Hehehe BLT
I swear we kept saying we have enough points but then we keep running out of points :P so DH relented and now we are waiting for ROFR.
Sounds like us!!! But, we had an extra set of points when we first bought in. So I kept banking and that allowed us to go for three years without borrowing. Then 2012 we didnt go - we went on a cruise instead - so now we are ahead again. But, we always use more than our 200 points. That is why I wanted more....And my DH relented to so I pounced on it by making an offer on BWV. My second choice would be BLT though....
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
We originally bought SSR. We really liked it but once BLT opened and we stayed there we knew we couldn't do the 7 month wait every trip. Ok I couldn't do the 7 month wait. DW is more patient but that is why she calls me her third kid.

We sold our SSR contract and bought all BLT! So happy we did.
I LOVE BLT too! Actually, that is where I am going to try and change our ressie to. I figure we might have better luck there than BWV due to the F & W going on. Also, we have friends coming with us and they would love to be near MK....I hope that there will be room for us for our trip. Less than two weeks for me to find out.....
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: MI
Posts: 5,334

The funny thing is that I don't particularly LOVE BLT like I do WLV or BWV... (let me rephrase that... I think they lack theming)

BUUUUUUT.... having 2 toddlers changes everything. I totally do not enjoy folding/unfolding strollers to get on a bus. And since we basically live in MK whenever we're there, there's no good reason for us to stay at another resort right now.
Now... 12 years from now things might change, but being able to walk back to the room with the strollers that is precious to me...

Priority change for sure
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney
 
kenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
The funny thing is that I don't particularly LOVE BLT like I do WLV or BWV... (let me rephrase that... I think they lack theming)

BUUUUUUT.... having 2 toddlers changes everything. I totally do not enjoy folding/unfolding strollers to get on a bus. And since we basically live in MK whenever we're there, there's no good reason for us to stay at another resort right now.
Now... 12 years from now things might change, but being able to walk back to the room with the strollers that is precious to me...

Priority change for sure
Yep. Nothing beats walking back to the resort with kids asleep in the stroller! We are staying at BCV next month for our first Epcot resort stay. Can definitely see DW and I liking walking back from Epcot especially in later years with no kids! However at least we can always monorail it back to BLT in later years. Not as good as walking but beats the car/bus
__________________

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
The funny thing is that I don't particularly LOVE BLT like I do WLV or BWV... (let me rephrase that... I think they lack theming)

BUUUUUUT.... having 2 toddlers changes everything. I totally do not enjoy folding/unfolding strollers to get on a bus. And since we basically live in MK whenever we're there, there's no good reason for us to stay at another resort right now.
Now... 12 years from now things might change, but being able to walk back to the room with the strollers that is precious to me...

Priority change for sure
I understand. I just have always LOVED the Contemporary. I don't have toddlers anymore, but totally understand what you are saying. We love to walk. So, being able to walk to a park is great. Hubby loves Epcot and walking there. MK is my favorite but Epcot is second. I am happy at either. I was thrilled when we stayed at BLT a few years ago and watched Wishes from the top. I think our friends who are going with us would love it too. Also, since we are having friends with us - it will be nice to have the third bathroom.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: MI
Posts: 5,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I understand. I just have always LOVED the Contemporary. I don't have toddlers anymore, but totally understand what you are saying. We love to walk. So, being able to walk to a park is great. Hubby loves Epcot and walking there. MK is my favorite but Epcot is second. I am happy at either. I was thrilled when we stayed at BLT a few years ago and watched Wishes from the top. I think our friends who are going with us would love it too. Also, since we are having friends with us - it will be nice to have the third bathroom.
Yeeeess... that is another big plus for the newer resorts (vs. classic ). I love to stay at the other 2 resorts but man that extra bathroom is nice.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Yeeeess... that is another big plus for the newer resorts (vs. classic ). I love to stay at the other 2 resorts but man that extra bathroom is nice.
Agreed! Especially, with 8 people. Of course, DH and I will have our own bathroom. But nice that the rest don't have to share only one. Of course, that is if we get in BLT. If not, we may just stick with AKV for this trip for that reason. Although I would really like to go to BWV too.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.