DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
d1sn3yguy
Earning My Ears

BWV F&W Studio Chances

We are in the process of purchasing a 222 point BWV resale contract that has already passed ROFR and just waiting to close. It's our first contract and I'm guessing we won't be in Disney's system until sometime mid April.

Do we have any chance at all of getting a studio at anytime during F&W at BWV? We would like to go for 5 to 7 days anytime in October or first part of November.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by d1sn3yguy; 03-28-2013 at 12:46 PM.
d1sn3yguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1sn3yguy View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a 222 point BWV resale contract that has already passed ROFR and just waiting to close. It's our first contract and I'm guessing we won't be in Disney's system until sometime mid April.

Do we have any chance at all of getting a studio at anytime during F&W at BWV? We would like to go for 5 to 7 days anytime in October or first part of November.

Thanks in advance!
Very slim if you waitlist. Even pool/garden is already soldout for most dates.
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
quinnc19
DIS Veteran

It would be more likely if you were willing to do a split stay. I will be cancelling a couple of nights of my BW view studio since I was able to get the BLT I wanted at 7 months. I like split stays since it allows us to be close to more than one park per stay.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
d1sn3yguy
Earning My Ears

Thank you. That's exactly what I was afraid of. We are not opposed to staying elsewhere we just wanted the convenience of BWV especially since that will be our home resort. We've never stayed at any of the DVC properties so this will give us a chance to try them out assuming the others aren't booked too.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thank you. That's exactly what I was afraid of. We are not opposed to staying elsewhere we just wanted the convenience of BWV especially since that will be our home resort. We've never stayed at any of the DVC properties so this will give us a chance to try them out assuming the others aren't booked too.
You'll be able to get something at an on site WDW DVC resort, so don't worry about that. It's just that BWV & BCV (and even BLT) are especially popular during the Food & Wine Festival. Next year, you'll be able to use the 11 month booking window and will definitely be able to get into your home resort if that's where you want to be.

Congratulations and welcome home! Hope you get your member number and into the system very soon!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
d1sn3yguy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
You'll be able to get something at an on site WDW DVC resort, so don't worry about that. It's just that BWV & BCV (and even BLT) are especially popular during the Food & Wine Festival. Next year, you'll be able to use the 11 month booking window and will definitely be able to get into your home resort if that's where you want to be.

Congratulations and welcome home! Hope you get your member number and into the system very soon!
Thank you! We can't wait to go on our first DVC trip!

We went during Food and Wine last year and stayed at Pop Century. We have two small children and will be going to MK and HS alot too so this will give us a chance to try out all the other resorts. Even though we bought 222 points I think we'll be looking to add points soon!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just remember, you've got decades of trips ahead of you. While it would be nice to stay in your home resort on your first trip, maybe you could start thinking of ways to make staying at other places special.

Our first DVC trip was a split between BCV and AKV (we own at BWV). We had the AKV portion booked first (six nights) and decided we wanted to add three nights to the front of the trip. We first booked at AKV so we'd spend the whole trip in one place. Then I saw a couple of nights open at BCV (in August for October, total pixie dust), so I grabbed them (but kept the three nights at AKV). I wait listed the missing night at BCV. That night opened up at BWV, so I grabbed that (rationalizing that we'd rather spend three nights in the Epcot area for F&W even if it added an extra split). And then a couple of weeks later, the wait list came through.

So my advice would be to figure out what you want out of this trip. A long trip at BWV isn't very likely because of the time of year you're looking at. If you're willing to do a couple of days at BWV and the rest of the time somewhere else, that might be possible with lots of scouring and wait listing.

With young kids, you guys might actually like AKV. Lots of great activities for kids and the animals are really cool!

Just keep reminding yourself that you will have lots and LOTS of BWV trips ahead of you once you can take advantage of that 11 month window.

Congrats on getting through ROFR with that contract, great deal!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
First off congratulations! Just curious if you don't mind me asking what the details of your contract were? I also was purchasing a 222 point BWV contract and Disney decided to take it on Monday.

Enjoy your stay - the best part of DVC is trying all the resorts!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
d1sn3yguy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
First off congratulations! Just curious if you don't mind me asking what the details of your contract were? I also was purchasing a 222 point BWV contract and Disney decided to take it on Monday.

Enjoy your stay - the best part of DVC is trying all the resorts!
June UY

129 - banked 2012 points
222 - 2013 points
222 - 2014 points and beyond

buyer pays closing and 2013 MF

$61 pp

Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
d1sn3yguy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Just remember, you've got decades of trips ahead of you. While it would be nice to stay in your home resort on your first trip, maybe you could start thinking of ways to make staying at other places special.

Our first DVC trip was a split between BCV and AKV (we own at BWV). We had the AKV portion booked first (six nights) and decided we wanted to add three nights to the front of the trip. We first booked at AKV so we'd spend the whole trip in one place. Then I saw a couple of nights open at BCV (in August for October, total pixie dust), so I grabbed them (but kept the three nights at AKV). I wait listed the missing night at BCV. That night opened up at BWV, so I grabbed that (rationalizing that we'd rather spend three nights in the Epcot area for F&W even if it added an extra split). And then a couple of weeks later, the wait list came through.

So my advice would be to figure out what you want out of this trip. A long trip at BWV isn't very likely because of the time of year you're looking at. If you're willing to do a couple of days at BWV and the rest of the time somewhere else, that might be possible with lots of scouring and wait listing.

With young kids, you guys might actually like AKV. Lots of great activities for kids and the animals are really cool!

Just keep reminding yourself that you will have lots and LOTS of BWV trips ahead of you once you can take advantage of that 11 month window.

Congrats on getting through ROFR with that contract, great deal!

Thank you for the advice. It's no big deal if we don't get BWV for F&W. We'll be happy with anything during that time. We actually want to try all the resorts with the ultimate goal of having home resorts at 2 or 3 different resorts. We have lots of trips planned already for sure. Definitely want to try to go during F&W, MNSSHP, etc. Kids are only 2 years(DS) and 2 months(DD) so we hopefully have lots of years and trips ahead of us!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
June UY

129 - banked 2012 points
222 - 2013 points
222 - 2014 points and beyond

buyer pays closing and 2013 MF

$61 pp
Awesome deal!!!! We had no banked points and only current go figure!

We just put in a offer 60.00 pp (asking price) today for June UY 350 point contract 654 points coming June 2013. Agency said sellers are out of town and she will get back to me Monday- she did e-mail them and said she did not think they expected it to sell that quick! Fingers crossed - then theres ROFR

You will have a ball anywhere you stay in Oct! Enjoy the flexibility while you can we started going to Disney when our DD's were that young -then had to book around school vacations now we are back to flexibility with an 18, 20 and 22 year old!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
d1sn3yguy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Awesome deal!!!! We had no banked points and only current go figure!

We just put in a offer 60.00 pp (asking price) today for June UY 350 point contract 654 points coming June 2013. Agency said sellers are out of town and she will get back to me Monday- she did e-mail them and said she did not think they expected it to sell that quick! Fingers crossed - then theres ROFR

You will have a ball anywhere you stay in Oct! Enjoy the flexibility while you can we started going to Disney when our DD's were that young -then had to book around school vacations now we are back to flexibility with an 18, 20 and 22 year old!
Good luck on that contract! My goal right now is to eventually get up to 1,000 points paying cash for each contract. I'm thinking the 4 of us can fit in a studio no problem for a few years but then it's going to have to be a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom after the kids get older. Luckily we are just a few hours from WDW so we don't have to worry about airfare so I'm looking forward to going as often as possible!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Good luck on that contract! My goal right now is to eventually get up to 1,000 points paying cash for each contract. I'm thinking the 4 of us can fit in a studio no problem for a few years but then it's going to have to be a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom after the kids get older. Luckily we are just a few hours from WDW so we don't have to worry about airfare so I'm looking forward to going as often as possible!
Make sure you pay your annual dues monthly by direct debit from your bank account. Otherwise, you are going to get a big surprise when your dues bill comes right around Christmas time with 1000 points.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
We own at BWV and I forgot to book our Oct reservation. I wait-listed about a month ago and it just came through. I thought that the chances were going to be slim to none, but it came through.. Give it a shot.. pick something outside the 7-month window though..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: