Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #16
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Fairfield Inn followed by HOJO, and then BWPPI.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #17
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr View Post
I would never stay at Hojo unless the price was less than $70/night. Our room was very noisy. Yes we were on the I-5 side. I really like the Candy Cane Inn. They do a great job keeping it in good condition and the staff is excellent.

huh....I must have gotten lucky - our room was in the building next to the kids pool and on the main floor. I didn't find it noisy at all! Yeah I heard pitter patter of feet upstairs but nothing that was disruptive or interrupted conversation etc.

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 AM   #18
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

One thing to make sure you take into account is parking fees. I love Anaheim Hilton, one of my fav. places to stay, however, when you are calculating your $150 a night, make sure you add the $17 parking fee and if you use the internet, $10 per computer. Anaheim Marriott is $24 but free internet. I don't mind paying for parking, but if I am comparing dollars, I like to know all the dollars involved.

I too like Hojos, rooms are nice, the ones we have stayed in have been quiet and nice. Kids love the pools.

Candy Cane is one of our top choices. We prefer the Premium rooms, usually $179 a night, no parking or internet charges. The deluxe rooms are usually in the $139 range.

We also like Fairfield (parking is $11 but free internet.)
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #19
Peace.love.mickey
DIS Veteran

My Fav is the Anabella!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #20
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
The rooms at Hojos are not noisy! They are actually some of the most quiet rooms I have stayed in around Disneyland. (and we have stayed in many--I am making it my mission lately to get a sampling of motel rooms around there!)

The only exception is if you stay on the I-5 side (read: cheap side). We haven't stayed in any of those rooms at Hojos, and if you do you know what you are getting by the price you are paying.
We stayed at the HOJO in Dec 2007 on the "cheap side" and didn't have any issues with noise from I-5 and we had an 11 month old with us who would not have been happy with any noise as we live in a very quiet area so he's used to almost no noise at night.

We now stay at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel due to price, room size and location. It's less than a 10 min walk for us and that's with DH pushing a double stroller weighing approx. 65 lbs with the kids in it and our 6 year old DS walking.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #21
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
We now stay at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel due to price, room size and location. It's less than a 10 min walk for us and that's with DH pushing a double stroller weighing approx. 65 lbs with the kids in it and our 6 year old DS walking.
That is where we are staying in October! Have you done their breakfast? I hear it's $10 per adult and a kid eats free. We normally eat on the go but thought may be nice for a morning the park opens later

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

Old 03-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at Ho Jo's, Fairfield, BWPPI, Park Vue, Candy Cane Inn, Embassy Suites South, Hampton Inn & Suites. (stayed at PPH too, but out of your price range unless you go in the off season)

I've liked something about everyone of the ones we've stayed at, mostly location!! They were all clean, courteous staff, some have breakfast included, I can't speak to the parking because we never rent a car, but I know they charge for the closer hotels (with the exception of Park Vue?) Anyway, like I said, there were things we liked about all of them, and some things not so much. Unless you're uber picky, you should be good with any of those!

We are going in June, staying at Ho Jo's for the first 3 nights, going to Vegas for 2 nights, then back to DL for 4 more nights, where we are staying at the Fairfield again, mostly because I can get an awesome deal using Scorecard Reward points through my credit union, the difference is $265 when I checked for the same nights on their website directly! It's worth it, that could pay for some nice meals for us!! I had to prepay the entire amount and pay $20 (included in price quote) for a service fee, but such a great savings, no worries!! Our kids will be thrilled, we last stayed there in 2010 before the room renovations were done. Great location with McD's & Mimi's so close!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

Last edited by yupikgal; 03-29-2013 at 04:37 PM.
yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #23
slalanc01
Earning My Ears

Which hotel in that price range has better pool? My kids are 16, 10, 6 and are good swimmer? Do you know if some have water slide?
slalanc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #24
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanchez27 View Post
Within a 5 minute drive of Disney and with a pool. The Howard Johnson looks like it has an awesome water park pool but crappy rooms.

We're local but about an hour or so away from Disney and would like to make a weekend stay out of it to feel like a real vacation
I have only stayed in the kids suite (twice) but I thought the rooms were fantastic. And yes, the water play area is awesome too.

We've got three little kids and staying in the 2-room kids suite at HOJO is the best hotel setup I have found for our family. I am not sure I would stay on site and DH says no way does he want all 5 of us in one small room, even if it is at the Disneyland Hotel! (Which we have also stayed at, before DD2)
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #25
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalanc01 View Post
Which hotel in that price range has better pool? My kids are 16, 10, 6 and are good swimmer? Do you know if some have water slide?
HOJO has a fun pirate themed water play structure that your 6 year old would probably enjoy -- there are pictures of it on their website. They do have a regular pool in another location on property as well.

The Anaheim Plaza Hotel has an olympic size pool but I don't think it has a slide or anything like that?

Old 03-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #26
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

The Hojo's water area is a fun area, even my adult kids enjoy. They usually enjoy bringing the much younger cousins so they have an excuse to play there!

Hilton Anaheim also has a water play area, not sure if there are slides.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:05 AM   #27
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama View Post
That is where we are staying in October! Have you done their breakfast? I hear it's $10 per adult and a kid eats free. We normally eat on the go but thought may be nice for a morning the park opens later
We have done the breakfast. We didn't do it on the trip we just got home from on Tuesday but we did over New Year's. The items on it were: fruit, yogurt, tortilla's, rice, beans, scrambled eggs, potatoes, French toast, pancakes, toast, croissant's, couple different cereals and I'm sure I'm missing a couple items. Even though we had 3 kids they only charged for my DH and I. Your room key (or ours did this trip anyways) said the breakfast was $11.95 but the sign in the lobby says it's $9.95 and that's what we paid. We also normally eat on the go but it is nice to sit down every now and then to eat something before you head into the parks.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #28
wkrider
DVC home: Wilderness Lodge Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace.love.mickey View Post
My Fav is the Anabella!!!!

If we are not staying in one of the Disney 3 will stay at the Anabella. Nice, clean renovated rooms and a short walk to the parks.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
We have done the breakfast. We didn't do it on the trip we just got home from on Tuesday but we did over New Year's. The items on it were: fruit, yogurt, tortilla's, rice, beans, scrambled eggs, potatoes, French toast, pancakes, toast, croissant's, couple different cereals and I'm sure I'm missing a couple items. Even though we had 3 kids they only charged for my DH and I. Your room key (or ours did this trip anyways) said the breakfast was $11.95 but the sign in the lobby says it's $9.95 and that's what we paid. We also normally eat on the go but it is nice to sit down every now and then to eat something before you head into the parks.
Sounds like a good spread and value, thanks!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #30
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama View Post
Sounds like a good spread and value, thanks!
Glad I could help!! Now to start planning our next trip back which will probably be over Christmas again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: