Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #31
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy View Post
I dont get the reason why people use company's like Orbitz. I just went on their website and Disney's and they were more expensive.

Orbitz gave me this

Disney was 188 for the first 5 nights and 196 for the next 7. Total price being 2601.00
So what am I missing.
Orbitz recently had a big sale that made the rooms cheaper than booking through WDW directly.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #32
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

I would not believe much of anything on Trip Advisor and the review about Disney. The reviews are as noted here often tilted to one side and cutesy worded to present Disney in a bad light.

Although I don't have proof, I do almost believe it is intentionally done this way.Beyond that I rarely find them of much help going to any resort, the reviews always seem to be plain wrong!

As to this item, not worry about it, you will be fine. The Disney hotel staff would never say anything like that in front of a guest, which raises questions about the honesty of the review.

It addition as noted here *wanted* and *reserved and payed for* are not the same.

Have a great vacation

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #33
bltman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy View Post
I dont get the reason why people use company's like Orbitz. I just went on their website and Disney's and they were more expensive.

Orbitz gave me this

Disney was 188 for the first 5 nights and 196 for the next 7. Total price being 2601.00
So what am I missing.
First, search for 2 people only and don't include your kids in the search. You need to add your kids after or Orbits gives the wrong rate. Second, add the code Spring15 to the code field and you will get a really nice rate as long as your stay is during the code period.

Try hotels.com with a 10% off coupon too.
bltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #34
brertoad
DIS Veteran

I thought Boardwalk has 3 views available:

1) Standard View
2) Garden or Pool View
3) Boardwalk View

I don't think there actually is something called a water view.
Boardwalk View which is on the lake facing towards YC/BC, costs more money to book. It's the more expensive of the 3 room types.

So if someone *wants* a free upgrade from standard or garden/pool view to Boardwalk view - that's probably not going to happen. And it wouldn't be Disney's fault, unless the person actually paid for the Boardwalk view and was denied that view, in cases where a booking error or overbooking might occur, I expect Disney would possibly compensate the guest for downgrading the reservation.

Once we had an obstructed pool view at AKL, paying OOP direct with Disney, they "upgraded" us to a Zebra Trail - Sunset Savannah view. We've always had very good customer service at the hotels thankfully.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #35
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Well, I check in at POR with my Orbitz ressie in 14 days so I will be sure to post how that went! Then Wed of that week we move to the BWI (I kept my booking with Disney for that one) longest 2 weeks EVER
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #36
Sammie
DIS Veteran

From the posting on Trip Advisor, it sounds like they booked one night in a Boardwalk view which they are calling a water view. Then they had booked the other nights in another category and they wanted to stay in the same room for the entire trip.

So it seems they got what they booked.

Disney can not change reservations that are booked through outside agencies.

What does amaze me, is the people on this thread that are regulars to Disney World, yet really want to put the blame on them without even knowing what really happened and based strictly on what was shared, I see where Disney was at no fault.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brertoad View Post

1) Standard View
2) Garden or Pool View
3) Boardwalk View

Boardwalk View which is on the lake facing towards YC/BC, costs more money to book. It's the more expensive of the 3 room types.

So if someone *wants* a free upgrade from standard or garden/pool view to Boardwalk view - that's probably not going to happen. And it wouldn't be Disney's fault, unless the person actually paid for the Boardwalk view and was denied that view, in cases where a booking error or overbooking might occur, I expect Disney would possibly compensate the guest for downgrading the reservation.

Once we had an obstructed pool view at AKL, paying OOP direct with Disney, they "upgraded" us to a Zebra Trail - Sunset Savannah view. We've always had very good customer service at the hotels thankfully.
BWI only has two categories.

Standard- Parking lot, garden or pool view
Water View- Crescent Lake/Boardwalk view

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...n/rates-rooms/
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #38
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltman View Post
first, search for 2 people only and don't include your kids in the search. You need to add your kids after or orbits gives the wrong rate. Second, add the code spring15 to the code field and you will get a really nice rate as long as your stay is during the code period.

Try hotels.com with a 10% off coupon too.
ty
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Well, I check in at POR with my Orbitz ressie in 14 days so I will be sure to post how that went! Then Wed of that week we move to the BWI (I kept my booking with Disney for that one) longest 2 weeks EVER
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #40
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
I booked through Orbitz for our upcoming trip and then read this review on trip advisor...

Beautiful place... Great views. But... Be aware if you don't book directly with the hotel you will not get treated as well!! We had 2 rooms and one was for 1 night, the other for 3 night. We wanted the water view for the three nights but the desk clerk called someplace and found we had booked thru Orbitz instead of thru Disney and they then wouldn't give us the water view room!! Shocking after we are already checked into it and moved in.

The hotel is beautiful ,otherwise.... And ya know, come to find out ,the water view rooms are very noisy with all the boardwalk people partying into the wee hours outside your windows:-)

Luckily, my BWI is still through Disney but my POR one is through Orbitz. Glad I stuck with Disney for the BWI. Hope I get a nice room~~

Sorry, but you have to be confused. I don't for a second believe that you were down-graded because you booked through Orbitz. Is that what they told you?
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Sorry, but you have to be confused. I don't for a second believe that you were down-graded because you booked through Orbitz. Is that what they told you?
The OP did not post the review, she read it on Tripadvisor. Sorry but you are confused.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #42
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Does anyone k now how the FP+ will work when booking rooms with these outside agencies?
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #43
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
I think people who report Boardwalk views as noisy are remember something from many years ago. We are owners at BWV and have stayed dozens of times there. In the first few years they held a street party outside Atlantic Dance with a DJ and loud music that went til 2AM. It was loud, loud, loud and we could not sleep until 2am. We complained every day but they could not move us. Awful. We've never requested a boardwalk view since even though we know it is not that noisy any longer. What activity there is on the boardwalk is not nearly that loud now and it all wraps up by 11pm.
Yep, I forgot about those!! With those gone, it's nice and quiet now!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brertoad View Post

1) Standard View
2) Garden or Pool View
3) Boardwalk View

Those are BWV views and booking catagories. BWI has different catagories.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #44
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I booked our June stay thru Orbitz...standard room at POFQ with a 20% discount...just called Disney to compare the price with the new summer sale and my deal was FAR better. I don't expect to be treated any differently and they can't give me anything less than a standard room!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #45
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Just back with 2 orbitz ressies and NO problems.

Relax and enjoy your savings

Last edited by trishadono; 04-09-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Sp
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: