Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
DentalDana2
Mouseketeer
 
DentalDana2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 86

1,000 Trails Membership

Have any of you been or are any of you members of 1,000 Trails? The RV dealership that sold us our pup gives a free 1 year membership with every RV purchase. Fortunately, where I live (Philly 'burbs) there are many campgrounds in the network that are within 2 hours. It seems like a pretty good value for what you get, I just hope that it's not too good to be true, lol.
__________________
Me 39 DH 40 DS8 DS4

1982 - offsite
1992 - offsite
2000 - ASMo
2002 - CBR
2009 - ASSp
2013 - Fort Wilderness
2015 - BCV
DentalDana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,905

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalDana2 View Post
Have any of you been or are any of you members of 1,000 Trails? The RV dealership that sold us our pup gives a free 1 year membership with every RV purchase. Fortunately, where I live (Philly 'burbs) there are many campgrounds in the network that are within 2 hours. It seems like a pretty good value for what you get, I just hope that it's not too good to be true, lol.
My brother was gifted a lifetime membership by a friend years ago. His 'home' RV cc happened to be a very nice resort type so they got many nice nights of camping (for $4 at the time, I think). They moved from that area (LA, MS) and haven't really used it since. Seems there were lots of restrictions and cost much more per night if you were not at your 'home' RV cc.

Seems like you cannot go wrong if the first year is free, unless you have to sign up for additional years at the time. If it's truly free, try it for the year and see. What is there to lose? Good luck! The perks could be different now than when my brother got his.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
DentalDana2
Mouseketeer
 
DentalDana2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse

My brother was gifted a lifetime membership by a friend years ago. His 'home' RV cc happened to be a very nice resort type so they got many nice nights of camping (for $4 at the time, I think). They moved from that area (LA, MS) and haven't really used it since. Seems there were lots of restrictions and cost much more per night if you were not at your 'home' RV cc.

Seems like you cannot go wrong if the first year is free, unless you have to sign up for additional years at the time. If it's truly free, try it for the year and see. What is there to lose? Good luck! The perks could be different now than when my brother got his.
Maybe your brother was on a different plan, because this one doesn't have a "home" campground. With the cost of membership, the first 30 nights of camping are included and additional nights are $3. The only catch (wouldn't affect us at this point in our lives) is that you can't be at any one cg for over 14 consecutive days. You aren't locked into any type of auto renew either, which is nice, unless you opt to pay the membership monthly, then you are locked into two years.
__________________
Me 39 DH 40 DS8 DS4

1982 - offsite
1992 - offsite
2000 - ASMo
2002 - CBR
2009 - ASSp
2013 - Fort Wilderness
2015 - BCV
DentalDana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer
 
Ds4angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 300

The one in Hershey is very nice, we camped there w/ family who has a membership. They also liked the one in VA that was near the beach
Congrats on the new camper
__________________
2/13 ASMo (first time to stay on site)
Ds4angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it
 
2goofycampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 13,530

We stayed at the one in Clermont 2 times. From talking to the snowbirds I've gleaned:
1. You can get around the 14 day limit.
2. You buy an area, not the whole US. (Unless there are different plans.)
__________________
Denise

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
DentalDana2
Mouseketeer
 
DentalDana2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofycampers View Post
We stayed at the one in Clermont 2 times. From talking to the snowbirds I've gleaned:
1. You can get around the 14 day limit.
2. You buy an area, not the whole US. (Unless there are different plans.)
From what I've gleaned, you need an upgraded membership for over 14 days, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are loopholes.

Right, I had to pick one of four zones. I chose NE because it includes PA and NJ which are the most important areas. I just wish the zone line wasn't the southern border of PA!!!
__________________
Me 39 DH 40 DS8 DS4

1982 - offsite
1992 - offsite
2000 - ASMo
2002 - CBR
2009 - ASSp
2013 - Fort Wilderness
2015 - BCV
DentalDana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
BeenDISedTwice
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 47

My brothers "in-laws" have a lifetime membership. We used to go as a big group to Timothy Lake in PA in the fall and to Sturbridge in Mass or Pinehirst in Maine for the summer back in the late 1990's to mid-2000's when it was still under the Travelmasters name. The indoor water park at Timothy Lake was cool but lost it's excitement after the first three visits. The kids and I preferred the lake and indoor pool at Sturbridge more. One time while at Sturbridge we went to check out a friends setup at the Jellystone Park up the road and the place was a complete dump. I swear we couldn't get out of there fast enough.
__________________
__________________
May '01 - Contemporary / DCL Wonder
July '07 - POP Century
Dec '10 - Port Orleans Riverside for Pop Warner Super Bowl 2010
BeenDISedTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
double r
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 169

We have the lifetime Platimum membership, we can stay 21 days and go park to park. If you can use it enough it's great campgrounds are not always right where you want to be but they are usually very nice places. Some parks seem to cater to seasonals( extra cost) and a few have mare rental units then sites. IMO 1 year free is great to try and see if it's worth it, I retire this year so to me it is but to some it is not. Good luck and have fun with it.
double r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #9
Twiggy
Earning My Ears
 
Twiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11

We took over our in-laws membership and at times wish we had not. If you are going to buy on look on-line as there are people giving them away. Keep in mind that you have to pay dues. So you have to look at the cost of dues vs how much you spend at camp grounds in a year. For us they are just not located where we need them to be and when we go up to Disney we prefer to go to the Fort!
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.