Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
How best to pack a tuba.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
You get a mini, travel Tuba
I continue to prefer a chainsaw with carbon fiber tipped teeth.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

I would love to hear about your favourite lens for the DSLR camera in the park.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Spaceace5150
Mouseketeer

My suggestion would be to make sure the highlighted gadgets are within reach of average listeners buying... $300 sunglasses and a $1,000 tablet are big purchases for most people. Not that they should not be talked about...just try to keep a balance.

I enjoyed the first show!
Spaceace5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

A whole new meaning to Travel Tech

How about a review of this Travel Tech device?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Got one coming, Jeff! I have been looking for a small Dolly for my GoPro and for one of my smaller HD Cams
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

This is more pedestrian, but as I start planning for the photos I want to capture on my next trip, it occurred to me that I would enjoy hearing how the "podcast tech team" go about planning their photos.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #22
Willow1213
DIS Veteran

In park tech is my biggest thing. Best apps and small accessories to carry in park. Where to charge or get WiFi.

And for those from out of the country, how to use your phone/tablet with a temporary sim card.

Also, I would love to have a mini photography class in a podcast. There are lots of unique shots while at WDW that I don't have the opportunity to practice at home. Things like fireworks, light parades, dark scenes w/o flash, etc.
May 2010 - Villas at Grand Californian Sept 2010 - Coronado Springs
May/June 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort June 2012 - Animal Kingdom Villas
May 2013 - Pop Century
Willow1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #23
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

Travel Tech Ideas

Here are some great Apps that I use for Work and vacation travel that you should review and talk about:

iExit for (iphone/Android) Great for driving to WDW or any destination. it shows every interstate exit in the US and will tell you what is at that exit, including: Rest Stops, Gas Stations, Motels, Food places and Coffee stops, etc. It limits it to 1 mile or less from the highway so you do not have to drive too far from your route. It also uses your phones GPS to tell you what locations are at the next exit.

Hotel Tonight (iPhone/Android), shows you last minute hotel deals in case you have to stop on the way down for some rest.

Scanner Pro: (iPhone/Android) Allows you to use your phone's camera to scan in travel receipts (or any document) and converts it to a pdf so you can email it to yourself. I use this app all the time to keep my receipts organized and stored in a safe location.

Lemon Wallet: (Iphone) Allows you to scan important cards that would normally be in your wallet into your phone. It encrypts the data and provides a pasword. This is great for insurance cards, membership cards AAA cards and other cards you would rather not carry on vacation.

Hope this helps! and I love the tech show!

dwelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
Here are some great Apps that I use for Work and vacation travel that you should review and talk about:

iExit for (iphone/Android) Great for driving to WDW or any destination. it shows every interstate exit in the US and will tell you what is at that exit, including: Rest Stops, Gas Stations, Motels, Food places and Coffee stops, etc. It limits it to 1 mile or less from the highway so you do not have to drive too far from your route. It also uses your phones GPS to tell you what locations are at the next exit.
Val & I used this on our recent drive to WDW. We tried the "lite" version on the way down and I was so impressed that I bought the "pro" version before the trip back just to support the developer. I love how it knows which direction you are driving and only shows the exits ahead. About the only thing it needs added is an automatic gas price lookup so you know which station in the upcoming exits has the best price.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #25
wildcatbn
Earning My Ears

If you haven't seen the scottevest line it is great for the geek on the go.

I have few jackets for all types of weather and I can fit my ipad, Galaxy note, ipod, chargers, batteries, paperwork, maps, water bottle, key cards and much more all in my pockets and still wear it without looking like much of a dork. Going thru security is a breeze also I just throw my jacket in the bin and take it out at the end. I haven't had to take anything out and show TSA so I don't leave anything behind.
wildcatbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #26
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Val & I used this on our recent drive to WDW. We tried the "lite" version on the way down and I was so impressed that I bought the "pro" version before the trip back just to support the developer. I love how it knows which direction you are driving and only shows the exits ahead. About the only thing it needs added is an automatic gas price lookup so you know which station in the upcoming exits has the best price.
I wish I would have had this last summer when I was traversing half the USA numerous times. Downloading right now even though I'm hoping to not take any more road trips soon.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #27
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Non Electric Tech?

I'm wondering since you guys and gals do a lot of traveling to you have any Tech that helps with the Packing & staying organized with your Clothes and personals.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #28
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardLarz View Post
I'm wondering since you guys and gals do a lot of traveling to you have any Tech that helps with the Packing & staying organized with your Clothes and personals.
I know I use the Eagle Creek packing cubes and Packing sleeves, and I am sure we will address this issue because it does impact everyone.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #29
Susan R
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed the tech show (even though I listen only and don't see the show). I remember thinking that I would like to see some opinions from some women who like tech stuff. I know Julie isn't really interested in that type of thing but Kathy & Theresa did a great job with the Cricut segment. There are a lot of tech things that aren't all about the biggest and most expensive cameras

I think it would be a good idea to let some people who aren't techies try and use some of these gadgets for a day or a week to try them out and give their opinions.

Maybe some apps that help you budget so you can save money for your trip.
The best low dollar/good quality camera.
Things like this, I would find helpful.

Thanks,
Susan
Susan R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #30
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

How about talking about phone chargers that you can use on the go and which ones if any you have and if they are good for iphone or androids or others.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: