Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #61
khaoskat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
One more time...

I am kindly requesting that we end the conversation about kids' menu preferences. If you would like to start your own thread to debate the virtues of chicken nuggets vs. pulled pork, you are certainly welcome to do so. But that is neither the purpose or topic of this thread. I would hate to see this thread get closed because things got out of hand. I appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you. (Angel_Ariel, thank you for taking note of this and editing your post accordingly )
You seem to be the only one who has an issue with what people are posting. NO ONE has started a debate about menu preferences. As far as I can see, anyone who has posted anything regarding the Children's Menu at BOG has been totally respectful of everyone else.

I have seen one poster, right at the start, say she has never seen or heard of kids ever eating the types of food served her, nor would her children. There maybe others who have said their kids didn't like the food, nor would they like the choices.

I have seen several other posters state that their children eat that type of food all the time.

I have also seen several posters say that their children have eaten at BOG and have really loved the food served.

There is no debate, people are just saying that 1) their kids either like or dislike the type of food served there; or 2) that their kids have eaten there and liked or disliked the food served.

And, I am not a mod here, but I really don't think with how respectful EVERYONE who has posted has been with stating either of the above, that this post will get locked.

I love hearing the fact that kids who have eaten at BOG (either lunch or dinner) have loved the food served and what has been served....

This is going to be our first ever trip, and I am researching through the dining options and love reading about people's reviews of the food, good, bad, indifferent...especially with regards to kids food, since I have 4 kids (3 who generally will eat about anything, and 1 who is extremely picky)...it makes it a bit easier for me to get an idea of where to eat meals at, and then get an idea of what way we need to plan to be at our intended eating place about the time we would normally eat lunch/dinner (or within a short period of them thereof).
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #62
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Angel Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskat View Post
You seem to be the only one who has an issue with what people are posting. NO ONE has started a debate about menu preferences. As far as I can see, anyone who has posted anything regarding the Children's Menu at BOG has been totally respectful of everyone else.
I think the OP's requests are based around the idea that he wants this thread to be an overall FAQ/Superthread type thread for BOG - not a discussion on the merits of BOG's children's offerings. There are many threads like this for various topics on the DIS, and they do quite well at keeping it to those types of questions/answers.

No one's saying the discussion about BOG children's offerings aren't relevant - just that they'd be better off in a thread of their own, considering what the OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.
__________________
~Angel Ariel

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011


WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #63
dminnie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 535

Quote:
No one's saying the discussion about BOG children's offerings aren't relevant - just that they'd be better off in a thread of their own, considering what the OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.


So back to the topic:

Isn't it just a beautiful restaurant with delicious food? I sure hope we get reservations again the next time we go!

I like how you have to go over a bridge to get to it. Adds to the ambiance.
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #64
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 638

Thanks for the thread, very useful and thank you for your efforts to keep it on topic!

I started reading it hoping to decide whether to go for lunch or dinner, but now I'm less sure than ever! I think I may have to do both! All advice/opinions on the vertues of lunch vs. dinner welcome.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #65
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

 
parkhopping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 1 hour away from the magic :)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
I think the OP's requests are based around the idea that he wants this thread to be an overall FAQ/Superthread type thread for BOG - not a discussion on the merits of BOG's children's offerings. There are many threads like this for various topics on the DIS, and they do quite well at keeping it to those types of questions/answers.

No one's saying the discussion about BOG children's offerings aren't relevant - just that they'd be better off in a thread of their own, considering what the OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.
Yes, thank you.

I will not say anything more on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post
I like how you have to go over a bridge to get to it. Adds to the ambiance.
Me too! Another detail straight out of the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Thanks for the thread, very useful and thank you for your efforts to keep it on topic!

I started reading it hoping to decide whether to go for lunch or dinner, but now I'm less sure than ever! I think I may have to do both! All advice/opinions on the vertues of lunch vs. dinner welcome.
You're very welcome! A couple of questions to help you decide if both isn't a viable option: Would you family be OK with dining early (4-5 pm) or late (8-9 pm) if you did dinner? If it would be difficult for you to eat at an unusual time, it will be harder to get a dinner ressie. Are you ok with taking more time than is usually necessary for a CS meal at lunch? Do you have a princess lover in your family, or a girl who would enjoy an age-appropriate fancy meal? If, so dinner is probably the way to go Lots of things to consider! I hope you have a magical time, whichever you choose
__________________


MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #66
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 638

[/QUOTE]Would you family be OK with dining early (4-5 pm) or late (8-9 pm) if you did dinner? If it would be difficult for you to eat at an unusual time, it will be harder to get a dinner ressie. Are you ok with taking more time than is usually necessary for a CS meal at lunch? Do you have a princess lover in your family, or a girl who would enjoy an age-appropriate fancy meal? If, so dinner is probably the way to go [/QUOTE]

Thanks, it's just me and DD (will be 3 1/2), who LOVES princesses. I'd have an early dinner (not late) and am fine taking longer than usual for CS. I guess I'll book a ressie as soon as I'm elligible, and if I get it I will assume it's the universe telling me I should do dinner and probably lunch too!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #67
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

 
parkhopping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 1 hour away from the magic :)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Thanks, it's just me and DD (will be 3 1/2), who LOVES princesses. I'd have an early dinner (not late) and am fine taking longer than usual for CS. I guess I'll book a ressie as soon as I'm elligible, and if I get it I will assume it's the universe telling me I should do dinner and probably lunch too!
Sounds good to me
__________________


MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #68
RobynPrincess
Looking around
 
RobynPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
One more time...

I am kindly requesting that we end the conversation about kids' menu preferences. If you would like to start your own thread to debate the virtues of chicken nuggets vs. pulled pork, you are certainly welcome to do so. But that is neither the purpose or topic of this thread. I would hate to see this thread get closed because things got out of hand. I appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you. (Angel_Ariel, thank you for taking note of this and editing your post accordingly )



Great! I'll add it to the post



So glad you enjoyed your meal! Hope you can make it for lunch on your next visit



I don't think it would be a big deal for your husband and child to leave the line and rejoin your group. He can just tell the CM at the end of the line that he's rejoining you further ahead. Also, Josh at easyWDW says:



I haven't heard any reports of someone successfully doing this, but it seems like it would work. As for things to do in the area, you are not far from Bonjour Village Gifts and Gaston's Tavern. Your little one might enjoy looking around these two areas, as long as you can get out of there without buying everything he/she wants



The Carved Turkey sandwich comes on a white baguette, so I don't think it would be a huge stretch for them to make the Croque Monsieur with that bread instead. I suggest asking to place your order with the cashier rather than using the kiosk so you can make this request and find out if it's possible.



Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe with the DDP you can get any entree on the menu at no additional charge. The reason it's listed that way is that on the printed kids' menu, it lists the price of the kids' meals as being $8.59 at the top of the menu. The steak is the only exception. If you are paying OOP it is $10.59. But it shouldn't make a difference for the DDP.



You are very welcome! Hope you enjoy it
Thank you very much! Xxxx
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #69
flipfloppershopper
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 53

Gray stuff

I don't see it listed on the Menu. Is it just for birthdays? Is it just available at dinner or can you get it at lunch. Sorry is i repeat. I did not see this answered.
flipfloppershopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #70
6disneykids
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 355

I think the 'grey stuff' is only available at dinner, if you have a celebration listed on your ADR. We were celebrating DS8's birthday which was noted on the ADR and he was the only one who received a plate of the 'grey stuff' which he ate all of all by himself and didn't share
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #71
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

 
parkhopping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 1 hour away from the magic :)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6disneykids View Post
I think the 'grey stuff' is only available at dinner, if you have a celebration listed on your ADR. We were celebrating DS8's birthday which was noted on the ADR and he was the only one who received a plate of the 'grey stuff' which he ate all of all by himself and didn't share
Yes, that's correct. Sorry they only brought some for your son! When I dined in December, they brought some for both me and my friend. It might be different for a party of just 2, though.

flipfloppershopper, if you'll go to post #4 it includes more info about how you can get The Grey Stuff
__________________


MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #72
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,050

We are trying lunch and dinner in May. We were able to secure a ressie for 7pm dinner a few (about 90 days) months ago, but we are just a party of 2. That might be why.
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #73
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY
 
Patrickprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bucoda washington
Posts: 992

Bo

Would you family be OK with dining early (4-5 pm) or late (8-9 pm) if you did dinner? If it would be difficult for you to eat at an unusual time, it will be harder to get a dinner ressie. Are you ok with taking more time than is usually necessary for a CS meal at lunch? Do you have a princess lover in your family, or a girl who would enjoy an age-appropriate fancy meal? If, so dinner is probably the way to go [/QUOTE]

Thanks, it's just me and DD (will be 3 1/2), who LOVES princesses. I'd have an early dinner (not late) and am fine taking longer than usual for CS. I guess I'll book a ressie as soon as I'm elligible, and if I get it I will assume it's the universe telling me I should do dinner and probably lunch too!

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread.. I was able to get a septembe 22 ressie. It's for 8:30 and there will be two extra magic hours so that's a plus.
__________________
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan


Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #74
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 638

Got my reservation for dinner! Guess I'll just have to try it out now!
Thanks for the thread. I wasn't originally going to do it but it looks so appealing now.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #75
happydisneymom
Earning My Ears
 
happydisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 52

This June is going to be our first long trip at Disney since we usually go on Disney Cruises and love love the food.
We made ressies back in Dec for BOG. I read several reviews which were dated and was a bit nervous until I read this Thread.
I do have another question about what to wear. BOG looks very elegant and I don't want my family to dress sloppy. I will be 32weeks pregnant and want to dress as comfortable as possible. We plan to continue to be in the park since there are extended hours that night.
What are your thoughts on dress attire?
__________________


Disney Wonder 2007, Disney Magic 2008, Disney Dream 2011. WDW 2011. WDW June 2013. WDW Dec 2013- Jan 2014
happydisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
be our guest, be our guest restaurant, bog



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: