Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #31
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6disneykids View Post
We ate both lunch and dinner at BOG on our trip 3 weeks ago. My DD9 said this was her favorite place we ate at the week we were there . She ordered the kids meatloaf for both meals, however, I don't recall seeing any options for kids desserts with the CS lunch.

At dinner, when it is TS the cupcakes or cream puffs were available as a dessert for kids.

Perhaps someone else has another experience, but I did not see a way to change or amend the options on the kiosk when ordering. I was by myself with DD9, DS4 and DD2, so I was a little frazzled when ordering the CS lunch.

We were on DDP for both meals
Thank you for sharing your experience. I will add this information to the main posts. When I was looking at the kids' menu, I thought maybe they counted the applesauce as the dessert for DDP purposes, but the pork, meatloaf, and macaroni don't include the applesauce or anything sweet. So how are they providing for the dessert entitlement if that's what you order?

Eliza'sMom (and anyone else wishing to make substitutions to a kids meal), I recommend asking to place your order with the cashier rather than the kiosk. This way you can find out exactly what substitutions are OK and will have them taken care of with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divawife View Post
Thank you Laura for starting this thread! It is really helpful.
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
Sorry I responded to the thread before I read through the rest of the posts!!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
That's OK! Thanks for understanding I am glad the menu will have good choices for your family! Hope you enjoy your visit!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #32
floridajen
Annual Passholder

We ate at Be our Guest once for lunch, the food was wonderful and arrived to us quickly, but waiting outside for about 45 minutes in the sun beforehand kind of lessened my appetite

floridajen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 AM   #33
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Added some info to the lunch post about ordering, and added a couple of FAQs. Tomorrow I will work on a post with pictures of the food.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #34
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajen View Post
We ate at Be our Guest once for lunch, the food was wonderful and arrived to us quickly, but waiting outside for about 45 minutes in the sun beforehand kind of lessened my appetite
I can see how it would do that! Out of curiosity, what time were you there? The wait has typically not been that long during off-peak dining times.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #35
monty
DIS Veteran

I have a question please: What time is lunch served from and until and what are the times you can make ADR's for dinner please?
2005 WDW: Wilderness Lodge
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2010 Disneyland Paris

WDW and Disneyland on the one trip!
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
I have a question please: What time is lunch served from and until and what are the times you can make ADR's for dinner please?
Great question! Lunch begins at 10:30 am and the line is cut off sometime between 2:00-2:30 pm each day. As far as I can tell they have not been consistent with the exact time, so I recommend showing up no later than 1:55 to be safe.

Dinner reservations can be made beginning at 4:00 pm, and the final reservation time will be close to the time the park is scheduled to close. Disney's website lists it as ending at 9:30 pm, so I'm guessing that even on nights when the park closes at 11 or later, you still can't get a reservation past 9:30.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #37
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
I absolutely LOVE the kid's menu here. Nuggets are everywhere. Enough already. My kids ages 3-11 eat fish, meatloaf, pork, seafood, salads etc.. Nuggets are once in a while in our house and I am sick of them serving it everywhere. BOG is an upscale location and the food reflects that. It isn't like they are offering liver and brussel sprouts. These are common foods most kids would eat if mom was serving it to them.

And if "no nugget" menu means less families waiting in line than even better!
Well you are a lucky and rare parent but for the rest of us whose kids refuse to eat that stuff and are very very picky, we need to have options too. And what they are offering is not exactly common foods "most" kids would eat.

I cook fresh food every day at home but instead of grilled fish, I use a homemade batter and cook a crispy fish for my son. He is at the age where he likes most things crispy. Doesnt mean I am serving him unhealthy food at home. In fact most kids I know prefer breaded chicken, fish etc.. to grilled or broiled. I serve salmon, tilapia etc.. all the time, just breaded for him. No reason why Disney can't serve fresh chicken and fish options that have whole-wheat breading as a healthy alternatives for little ones with some apple slices or carrots as a side instead of fries. My son would love that. He doesnt even like fries and prefers apples and carrots. But the meat has to be breaded.

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Coronado Springs Resort 10/2014; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 10/2014

Last edited by fairytalelover; 03-29-2013 at 12:39 PM.
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #38
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Once again, I'm going to respectfully request that we end the conversation about kids' menu preferences. That is not the purpose of this thread and I don't want to see it get closed due to a debate. Thank you for understanding.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #39
kristenYC
Earning My Ears

What is the wait for lunch at the busiest of times?
kristenYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #40
Nebraska_Disney
Mouseketeer

We ate dinner at BOG on 3/17/13. Two adults, a disney adult (my son 11) and my daughter 7. We had a 630pm reservation and were seated by 6:40 in the main ballroom, very close to the windows. The atmosphere was great and both my kids were in awe staring at all the details they remembered from the movie.

The food/service was excellent. With our 9 day trip, everyone in my family agreed that the food/service was the best we had out of all our TS meals.

My wife had the porkchop. It was very juicy and tender and tasted great (she let me have some of it)

I had the shrimp and scallops. Very good and the scallops were excellent and cooked to perfection. The bread bowl was very light and flaky, an excellent pastry

My son (age 11)was the other adult meal. He had the steak. They cooked it to perfection (medium) and the garlic butter sauce on it was great. He said it was one of the best steaks he had ever had.

My daughter (age 7)could not make up her mind with all the tasty options on the kids menu ! In the end, she wanted to try the steak and ordered it. It came with green beans and fries. A smaller and thinner version of the adult entree, it was done perfectly as well (medium) She ate the entire thing along with most of her sides. Her fries were a bit too salty, so she did not care for them as much.

Of the 4 desserts, we had two cupcakes and two cream puffs. All were excellent !

Again, I highly recommend it and the options available were all great for both young and old.

Nebraska_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #41
DMLAINI
Mouseketeer

Is there an option to buy the picture with the Beast after dinner?
DMLAINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #42
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenYC View Post
What is the wait for lunch at the busiest of times?
I haven't heard any reports of actual wait times being longer than 45 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI View Post
Is there an option to buy the picture with the Beast after dinner?
Yes, a PhotoPass photographer will be on hand. If you don't already have a PP card they will give you one. You can either purchase the photo before you leave the park at the photo center, or go online when you get home and do it then. The photographer can also take photos with your camera or phone.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #43
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Added a new FAQ, info about open hours/reservation times, and a post with photos of the food. Nebraska_Disney, I included a link to your post in the reviews post. If anyone else has a review they'd like me to link to, let me know and I'll he happy to do so

Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #44
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajen View Post
I am wondering how this is going to go as we get into the really hot months. We only waited about 15 minutes outside last month and it was in the 60s which made for a very pleasant wait... but I started to think what's going to happen when it's in the 90s and humid?? I guess we'll all have to "tough" it out, those summer months will be interesting because the crowds are high and so is the temp and humidity...make sure to have LOTS of water and sunscreen.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #45
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Added a new FAQ, info about open hours/reservation times, and a post with photos of the food. Nebraska_Disney, I included a link to your post in the reviews post. If anyone else has a review they'd like me to link to, let me know and I'll he happy to do so
Hi parkhopping, I have a link to our review from BOG lunch if you'd like to add/post it, I know it's been posted a lot but I have gotten a lot of feedback that it's been very helpful and informative.
Here's the link:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/b...-review-jw.htm

Tags
be our guest, be our guest restaurant, bog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: