Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
Where do I write to? I will happily let them know how I feel.
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
Thank you

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Port Orleans, French Quarter 10/2014; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 10/2014
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

I absolutely LOVE the kid's menu here. Nuggets are everywhere. Enough already. My kids ages 3-11 eat fish, meatloaf, pork, seafood, salads etc.. Nuggets are once in a while in our house and I am sick of them serving it everywhere. BOG is an upscale location and the food reflects that. It isn't like they are offering liver and brussel sprouts. These are common foods most kids would eat if mom was serving it to them.

And if "no nugget" menu means less families waiting in line than even better!
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
I absolutely LOVE the kid's menu here. Nuggets are everywhere. Enough already. My kids ages 3-11 eat fish, meatloaf, pork, seafood, salads etc.. Nuggets are once in a while in our house and I am sick of them serving it everywhere. BOG is an upscale location and the food reflects that. It isn't like they are offering liver and brussel sprouts. These are common foods most kids would eat if mom was serving it to them.

I'm glad you like the menu. However, I don't want this thread to turn into a debate over chicken nuggets. I just want it to be a resource for people to find information about the restaurant and post questions they may have. So I'm going to respectfully request that this be the last comment on the subject

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #20
DMLAINI
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have some picture of the food that they can post?
DMLAINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI View Post
Does anyone have some picture of the food that they can post?
I was just thinking that it might be good to have a post with a photo of each dish there. For now, if you go to the post with reviews, I believe Disney Food Blog's review has photos of most if not all the things on the menu.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #22
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
I'm glad you like the menu. However, I don't want this thread to turn into a debate over chicken nuggets. I just want it to be a resource for people to find information about the restaurant and post questions they may have. So I'm going to respectfully request that this be the last comment on the subject
No offense, but this needs to go both ways. One person was encouraged & given resources to complain about the menu & another was admonished for praising it. I don't have an opinion either way, because I no longer have a little one. I just don't feel one persons opinion is more relevant than another.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #23
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
No offense, but this needs to go both ways. One person was encouraged & given resources to complain about the menu & another was admonished for praising it. I don't have an opinion either way, because I no longer have a little one. I just don't feel one persons opinion is more relevant than another.
I am very sorry if I gave the impression that either of the opinions was more valuable than the other. That's not what I was trying to do. I just saw the potential for it to turn into a debate and possibly get closed, and that's not my intention for this thread. I have my own opinions on that topic but am keeping them to myself for that reason. Suzanne74, the address I posted for complaints is also good for praise and I hope you'll also let Disney know what you think about the menu. Again, I apologize if I gave the wrong idea. I'd just like to keep this thread from getting out of hand

Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #24
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you referring to lunch or dinner? I don't have experience with ordering a kids' meal on the DDP but I'll see what I can find.

ETA: Here is what I can gather with my limited knowledge. From looking at the menus, it seems like at both lunch and dinner your child would have the choice of drink, entree, and desserts on the menu. It does not seem to be a situation where you can substitute a dessert for one of the sides; it's included as a separate item. Whatever sides are listed are counted as part of the entree. So for instance, at lunch he or she could get:

-Carved turkey sandwich with sweet potato wedges and peach applesauce
-Chocolate milk
-Strawberry cream cheese cupcake

Or at dinner:

-Grilled steak served with seasonal vegetables
-Apple juice
-Chocolate cream puff

Does that make sense?

Thank you for this information it does make sense.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #25
Eliza'sMom
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have experience using the kiosks to order kids' meals? Were you given the option to substitute sides? Given the choice, my 4-year-old would choose the Mahi Mahi, but would rather have the sweet potatoes and green beans with it. I know when we ordered from the kiosks at the Contemporary QS, we had tons of options. I'm assuming this is the same?

Our Disney trips together:
October 2005: Honeymoon at CSR December 2006: Got a pin code we couldn't resist and headed to POFQ June 2007: Big family vacation off-site December 2007: Babymoon at POFQ December 2009: Ellie's first trip, our first trip as DVC members at BWV April 2010: Mike's 30th and Ellie's 2nd birthday celebration at Pop/AKV September/October 2010: BWV for MNSSHP and Harry Potter April 2011: A week at Jambo House before Ellie turns 3 May 2012: Back to AKV for baby's 1st trip to Disney! Nov/Dec 2012: Our first Disney cruise! Plus AOA, BLT and BWV -- whew! October 2013: Fall fun at Jambo House March/April 2014: Spring break at BWV/VWL
Eliza'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #26
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza'sMom View Post
Does anyone have experience using the kiosks to order kids' meals? Were you given the option to substitute sides? Given the choice, my 4-year-old would choose the Mahi Mahi, but would rather have the sweet potatoes and green beans with it. I know when we ordered from the kiosks at the Contemporary QS, we had tons of options. I'm assuming this is the same?
I haven't ordered kids' meals on the kiosk, but I'm guessing it's not a situation where it asks you if you want to substitute. Hopefully someone who's done it can weigh in. If you have any concerns about doing it, you can ask to place your order with the cashier and make the substitutions that way.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

We ate both lunch and dinner at BOG on our trip 3 weeks ago. My DD9 said this was her favorite place we ate at the week we were there . She ordered the kids meatloaf for both meals, however, I don't recall seeing any options for kids desserts with the CS lunch.

At dinner, when it is TS the cupcakes or cream puffs were available as a dessert for kids.

Perhaps someone else has another experience, but I did not see a way to change or amend the options on the kiosk when ordering. I was by myself with DD9, DS4 and DD2, so I was a little frazzled when ordering the CS lunch.

We were on DDP for both meals
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #28
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74

I agree. I can't believe that families couldn't find something their child would eat on these menus. Way to go Disney for the great menu choices! I wouldn't call these "healthy alternatives" like some are calling them. But rather a normal everyday meal in our house.

I think it's a shame that children these days can't leave the house and eat a decent meal. In fact I'm the mom complaining when the menu is full of crappy unhealthy foods everywhere. (Nuggets. Fries. Hot dogs.) Garbage.

Most times I struggle to find something nutritious for my kids and it's rarely found on the kids menus so we end up ordering a full adult meal for them instead. (Chicken fish etc with dare I say it veggies and not fries lol)

Our family is very much looking forward to this restaurant.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #29
divawife
DIS Veteran

Thank you Laura for starting this thread! It is really helpful.
divawife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping

Sorry I responded to the thread before I read through the rest of the posts!!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Tags
be our guest, be our guest restaurant, bog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: