Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

We brought two flasks on in our carry-on, no one every looked or cared. We did one vanilla rum and one cherry rum for mixing with cokes from the drink stations. We got these cool plastic travel flasks from Bev-Mo that were pretty heavy duty and much lighter than a glass bottle.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #17
egesicki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyLaPerle View Post
I'm currently trying to figure out how to get my favorite mead from here in VT to Vancouver. If we're ale to pull it off, will we be able to drink it wherever we choice, or does the ship have designated drinking areas?
I know there is a fee if we bring it to our dining table, but was wondering about any other restrictions.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We had no problems, Dream Feb 2011 we bought rum in Nassau and mixed rum and cokes in our room and carried them to the pool areas. Mar 2013 Wonder we bought beer in Nassau which we also carried to the pool areas, and we bought a bottle of wine in Key West and brought it to one of the main dining areas to have at dinner. I have to say our assistant server appeared a little suprised, but he bounced right back and we had no problems sharing it amongst the three adults in our party.

Dream 4nt Bahamas February 2011 9138, Wonder 4nt Bahamas March 2013 8084, WDW Mar 2015?

egesicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
mommaof1
Earning My Ears

Alcohol

I too was curious about this! Thanks for the helpful information
mommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I have never taken drinks to the MDR.
But if I get the same horrid service on my next cruise as on my last, I may start and just bring a glass of wine.

(I was willing to buy the glass of wine, they weren't willing to take the order or if they did actually go get the wine. You could have WATER, other beverages were beyond thier skill sets!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I have never taken drinks to the MDR.
But if I get the same horrid service on my next cruise as on my last, I may start and just bring a glass of wine.

(I was willing to buy the glass of wine, they weren't willing to take the order or if they did actually go get the wine. You could have WATER, other beverages were beyond thier skill sets!)
Perhaps your servers were brining drinks to the MDRs?

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #21
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
Perhaps your servers were brining drinks to the MDRs?

Mike
That would explain a lot... maybe that's why the food was never hot they had to stop and chug a few rounds between courses
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #22
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Bring what you like

We brough two bottles of Crown and 18 single wine servings. Three adults, way overkill. Drink of the day was only $4.75. I was the person in charge of liquor. Had back pack, they scanned it. Never said a word.
We got in room at 1:30 and stweadest was right their. Asked for bucketof ice, she said would be around 5 before that service started. Gave her 10 dollars, next thing their was ice, and it was full for the whole 6 days. Had a guy at adult area that became part of the GROUP, he had gallon rum in back pack and would pull it out and mix another one all day long. No one said a word to him. He was discreat about it.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #23
oliverdj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermam42
We brough two bottles of Crown and 18 single wine servings. Three adults, way overkill. Drink of the day was only $4.75. I was the person in charge of liquor. Had back pack, they scanned it. Never said a word.
We got in room at 1:30 and stweadest was right their. Asked for bucketof ice, she said would be around 5 before that service started. Gave her 10 dollars, next thing their was ice, and it was full for the whole 6 days. Had a guy at adult area that became part of the GROUP, he had gallon rum in back pack and would pull it out and mix another one all day long. No one said a word to him. He was discreat about it.
Was that full size bottles of Crown? Or half size?

I'm wondering if they would have an issue if I brought on board the full size 750ml ??

Oh, where did you find the single serving of wine?

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------
First Disney Cruise: 2012 Disney Dream
oliverdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #24
sandrakit
Mouseketeer

Our friend brought 2 bottles of Crown Royal , 66 oz each in his backpack ! Security wanted to know if they could be friends ...

Last edited by sandrakit; 03-29-2013 at 02:05 AM.
sandrakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #25
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Bring what you like

Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #26
El Cid 94
Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. You can never do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3chantal View Post

None of us can stop our peers from breaking the rules but I wish they all would be more discreet. Disney can and does change 'rules' all the time.

In my lifetime so many events or laws have been changed because people take advantage or continuously break the rules. It's frustrating as it infringes on all of us...........
Well-stated!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdj View Post
Was that full size bottles of Crown? Or half size?

I'm wondering if they would have an issue if I brought on board the full size 750ml ??
Their policy is that you can bring alcohol on in your carry-on. They don't care how much.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #28
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Their policy is that you can bring alcohol on in your carry-on. They don't care how much.
^^This. DW and I brought 2 750mL bottles of liquor, 2 flasks, and 4 splits of champagne on-board without security batting an eye.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #29
oliverdj
Mouseketeer

This is awesome. The first time around I was nervous about bringing on board a large amount, but this time around im going to have a designated carry on filled with the booze

Thanks for the replies!

---------------------------------------------
First Disney Cruise: 2012 Disney Dream
oliverdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #30
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3chantal View Post
Our experience with bringing alcohol on board was very positive. We brought 8 bottles of wine which we carried to each of our dinners and had our servers uncork them. We happily paid the 20 dollar corkage fee for each bottle because we had exactly what we wanted to drink. The cost of any of the bottles we brought on board would have been much more money to buy onboard, that is if they had them, so the corkage fee was painless.

None of us can stop our peers from breaking the rules but I wish they all would be more discreet. Disney can and does change 'rules' all the time.

In my lifetime so many events or laws have been changed because people take advantage or continuously break the rules. It's frustrating as it infringes on all of us...........

I totally agree. We have been trying to keep this nice little perk, but if DCL decides to many people are ignoring the rules they may take it away.

The bottom line folks, is please obey the rules, we are all on the same playing field, no one is above the rules.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: