Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #61
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Fool View Post
You sure it wasn't Mickey?
Definitely not Mickey, it was so big and ugly and it scurried across my path and climbed into a planter.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #62
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaDeVil View Post
I have nothing to add except that this is one of my favorite threads on this board and has totally made my day!
Me too!!!! I'm cracking up!!
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #63
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrim View Post
He started digging through my purse to find the candy bar. I grabbed the purse by the strap and tried to shake him off, and he bared his teeth and barked at me. I backed off and let him be. He scattered my purse's contents about until he found the candy bar and carried it off.

Frankly, I'd rather they take my stuff when I'm not around than threaten me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0525 View Post
My biggest fear is one of those furry rats running up my leg.
I just don't trust when they stop moving & start eyeing me up. I feel like the goat in Jurassic Park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariannekay View Post
My BIL was buying some of those yummy pecans from the carts at MK when he was approached by a hungry squirrel. As he was getting cash out of his wallet, the squirrel came closer and put a paw on BIL's leg waiting to be fed. It quickly ran off after BIL noticed it and started screaming like a little girl!
Years ago, my brother was cutting down some old trees for firewood and didn't realize that one of the trees had a squirrel nest in it. My brother was careful to place the babies in a little nest on the ground and then checked on them several hours later, the momma squirrel never came back and he decided she must have been killed. My brother felt so bad, he brought the four babies home, kept two, and gave one to us, and the other one to my parents. We went to the vet who gave us some pet formula and we raised her with a tiny bottle he gave us. All four babies made it and round up being pets. We named ours Trouble and after she got big enough to survive on her own released her in our front yard, thinking she'd find a mate and go back to the wild. Nope, she found a mate and had several litters of pups, but she remained tame up until she died a few years later. She lived in some oak trees in our yard, but every time we pulled into the driveway, she'd come running and run straight up our legs to sit on our shoulders or wrap herself around our necks. Every time we opened the door, we had to be careful or she'd run in. Our neighbors adored her and were always feeding her. However, Trouble never did figure out which humans to avoid. She just loved people and would charge anyone that entered the yard to run up their legs (sometimes she wouldn't even bother to run up the legs, but would just take a flying leap at you and expect you to catch her. Everyone that pulled into our driveway accused us of having an attack squirrel. I don't know how many times I'd hear someone yelling, look out the window and see some salesman dancing around, arms flopping, screaming like a girl, trying to knock Trouble off them. I'd open the door and accuse them of scaring my squirrel. Most left rather quickly with Trouble either sitting on the ground with her back arched and fur standing straight up or on my shoulder, hissing and chattering at them.

Last edited by aubriee; 03-30-2013 at 01:58 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #64
Bearybear
A firm believer in the unbelievable

About 2 years ago, we had a rabbit steal my son's fries at POFQ. We were sitting outside watching the movie, and the rabbit came up and took a few of his fries! For some reason, it seemed more crazy to me as a rabbit instead of a squirrel or bird.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #65
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNwoodY0824 View Post
Those squirrels in Epcot are funny animals. One played dead for me when I was down in January. I was playing with him and petting him. And mind you I had no food to give him or anything. They are awfully cleaver animals in that park lol
Maybe it was an audioanimatronic squirrel!! LOL
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
joshsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #66
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I've seen squirrels rooting through strollers on many occasion...and even birds. The birds will eat anything you leave out for them to access, but the squirrels will actually get into zippered bags and check them out.

there's a lot of wild animals at WDW (usually birds) that are accustomed to being fed and have no fear of people at all. They will come right up to you and beg, and some will just swipe what they want. No matter how often WDW asks guests to not feed the birds and critters, they can't stop it, because people think it's so CUTE.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 03-29-2013 at 03:22 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #67
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

I had a squirrel eat through my golf bag while it was in storage. From now on, I'll take the snacks out of the bag between rounds if I'm storing it.

I've also had instances where we've parked the golf cart and all the animals come scurrying up looking for food.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #68
Miss Mo
DIS Veteran

When we were at Animal Kingdom in 2011 we had gone into The Rainforest cafe for lunch, came out to find our stroller had been moved and a cast member came looking for us, he had witnessed a squirrel stealing a cookie out of the stroller and gave us a voucher to replace it!! LOL!!! Now that's customer service!! haha!!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #69
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

Maybe the person who had their sandwich stolen (by a squirrel) will post on the dis boards.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #70
workingpig
Earning My Ears

That's great to know and to keep our eyes open!
workingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #71
ponyboy
Gun slingin DW lover

A couple of years ago I was at Epcot over in England eating fish and chips when a squirrel climbed up on the table. I looked at him and he wasn't looking at me, he was looking directly at my food. Then he ran over and grabbed a fry and started eating it right in front of me. He obviously didn't know that people eat squirrels where I'm from.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #72
CarolinaGirlTiss
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariannekay View Post
My BIL was buying some of those yummy pecans from the carts at MK when he was approached by a hungry squirrel. As he was getting cash out of his wallet, the squirrel came closer and put a paw on BIL's leg waiting to be fed. It quickly ran off after BIL noticed it and started screaming like a little girl!
:rotfl 2:
Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #73
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I was the victim of a churro-stealing seagull near Mexico. Where's Disney animal control when we need them!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #74
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Fool View Post
You sure it wasn't Mickey?
No, Mickey just takes your money, not your snacks!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #75
brooke789
Mouseketeer

I'm just glad they can't eat their way into where I'm sleeping. Anyone been to Cumberland Island (GA). :shudder:
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: