Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
NuJoy
But you won't get your new sled if she's dead

DD17 and I witnessed this fella eating Wendy's French fries outside of Muppet Vision 3D a couple years ago.

NuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #17
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoy
DD17 and I witnessed this fella eating Wendy's French fries outside of Muppet Vision 3D a couple years ago.
Lol!!! Great pic! That lil guy was hungry lol
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #18
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
We have warning signs at our zoo that the squirrels can and will steal anything that isn't locked down, and even open zippers.
We have the same problem at our zoo with crows. They're really smart critters!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #19
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Ever since I started noticing squirrels in strollers and sniffing/licking around water bottle tops, I wasn't able to leave ANYTHING in a stroller anymore. Of course stroller days are done for Ds, but the memory is still big in my mind.

These were taken last year at the Boardwalk pool; people in neighboring lounge chairs had eaten and gone off to do something, leaving all their food scraps behind.

That little dude REALLY liked the leftover mayo in that packet. I was so glad when the people came back and did NOT try to eat anymore of that food, LOL. We told them about their visitor anyway, but it wasn't as time-sensitive as if they were about to use the mayo or something.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #20
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Fool View Post
Never mind the squirrels! How about those birds who pilfer food from the strollers at MK? I've seen those tiny thieves rifle through popcorn, snacks, etc. While folks are on rides. I'll bet they have no idea their food has been tampered with. --worse yet, I've had a hotdog stolen out of the bun just as I was about to eat it -- by a seagull!!!
Many years ago, my 4 year old DD had her hand bitten when one of those stupid cranes snatched a piece of turkey leg straight out of her hand! It was bruised for a few days.

I will say... these pictures and stories are making me very happy that my stroller days are behind me!!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #21
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

i haev witnessed that thief before. they work in groups and they are everywhere. they have theives in every park and at every resort.
Luv2CtheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
minnieluvzmickey
I click my hills together! ;)

My friends were at AK and saw a squirrel run into a store and steal a snickers bar and run back out and up a tree with it.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #23
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
Many years ago, my 4 year old DD had her hand bitten when one of those stupid cranes snatched a piece of turkey leg straight out of her hand! It was bruised for a few days.
We walked past some people at AK who had just bought a turkey leg. They were surrounded by those white birds. The people said "I wonder if they are cannibals?" and tossed them a piece of turkey. Of course they ate it, they don't know what it is...

And so it continues that they look to us for food!

I'm sorry about your daughter, even though it was years ago. I was once bitten by a goose at a park, and it hurt and was scary and I STILL don't trust geese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieluvzmickey View Post
My friends were at AK and saw a squirrel run into a store and steal a snickers bar and run back out and up a tree with it.
That strikes me as being very....

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #24
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Oh my gosh, I watched a squirrel bolt into a shop in Universal's IoA and steal a snickers bar last time I was there! It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen, and I wished I had thought fast enough to pull out my phone!

Instead, all I did was point and scream, "Squirrel with snickers!"

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #25
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

This whole thread is hilarious and a little bit scary! Now I'm nervous about leaving things in the stroller when I visit with my friends who have young kids!

Maybe Kronk can come have a talk with them and persuade them to leave our stuff alone

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #26
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
My last trip, I was waiting for Off Kilter and there was this squirrel running around the area. He started running up people's legs begging for food. Luckily for me it was December and a little cool. I had long pants on when he tried begging from me. He seemed to understand the word "NO"
I think that squirrel stays around there all the time. We've seen him numerous times begging food from people waiting for Off Kilter to start. I've got a cute picture of him somewhere, sitting up on a guy's knee eating a cheeto.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #27
cuchu2005
DIS Veteran

So, that stroller parking is a hot spot. I won't be able to post pictures soon, but sa the same thing with squirrels. In fact, I took some pictures. There were 2 of them. One got i a bag that was hanging froom the stroller and the other attacked the basket, where it found an oreo treasure.

To be fair that basket was so full of snacks and drinks that looked like a mini mart.

Will post a picture next week.

Mx
Jul 1994 - WDW with Mom and Dad and Sister - Feb 1999 - WDW with DW to be - Mar 2000 - WDW with DW to be - Apr 2002 - Disneyland Paris with DW on Honeymoon - Jan 2008 - Discovered the Dis - Feb 2008 - WDW with DW and first DD (2) and on my Bday. - May 2009 - WDW with DW and first DD (3) - Sep 2010 - WDW with DW and DD (4) and DD (9mths) - Feb 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (5) and DD (1) - Nov 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (6) and DD (1) - Feb 2012 - DLR with DW and DD (6) and DD (2) - Feb 2013 - WDW with DW and DD (7) and DD (3) - Oct 2013 - DLR with DW and DD (7) and DD (3)

cuchu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #28
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Sitting outside at cosmis rays one afternoon the lady sitting at the table beside us sat her chcikn salad down and went to grab something. In a second a seagull hopped over and snagged a piece of chickn and flew off.
So i guess they are cannabals lol!!
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #29
shelbyf31
Mouseketeer

I had purchased French fries from Cosmic Rays and was walking to meet up with my family at the Buzz meet and greet, a black bird flew down and stole a fry right off if the fry basket. I screamed because it just scared me. At EPCOT my husband and I saw a squirrel, at the character spot stroller parking, going from stroller to stroller taking food.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #30
Bothepro24
Mouseketeer

During my last visit I too was a victim of thievery. While sitting outside at Pecos Bills putting ketchup on my fries a bird (Ibis) sits on an empty chair at my table and as I look up at him I
Think what a pretty bird when faster than the speed of light this bird harpoons my burger and away he went. Many in the area
Witnessed the theft so Disney was very nice and sent me a gift
Card to cover my next lunch during another trip.
Bothepro24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: