Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
lpoeppelman
Mouseketeer

Question Anyone know what Mickey's Art Studio/Art Academy?

I had someone ask me about Mickey's Art Studio... can't find it online anywhere. Something to do at WDW... maybe Hollywood Studios but I have never heard of it. Does anyone know what this might be?

WDW - Caribbean Beach in 2005, All Star Movies in 2006; Polynesian June in 2008/2015; Wilderness Lodge November of 2008; All Star Movies July 4th of 2009 YIKES- busy!; Beach Club in November of 2010; Old Key West 2011; Port Orleans & All Star Music Suites 2012; All Star Sports 2013, Boardwalk 2014
lpoeppelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
amomma23
DIS Veteran

There is a drawing class in HS. Is that what they were talking about? There is an animator who will teach a class in how to draw a character. Very fun, plus you get to take home your drawing as a free souvenir.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/at...ney-animation/

The Magic of Disney Animation is a building within Disney's Hollywood Studios that offers a couple different things. The Animation Station allows Guests to try their hand at drawing Disney characters by following an instructor. It's great fun if you like to experiement with drawing!

This is also where you can meet Sorcerer Mickey, Mr Incredible & Frozone, Wreck it Ralph & Vanellope.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I have a question about Animation Academy as I have actually never done it. I'm really not interested in the initial show with Mushu. Is it possible to skip this part and head straight to Animation Station? I know it's only a 9 minute video so it won't kill me to sit through it, but if I can skip it, I would like to.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/at...ney-animation/

The Magic of Disney Animation is a building within Disney's Hollywood Studios that offers a couple different things. The Animation Station allows Guests to try their hand at drawing Disney characters by following an instructor. It's great fun if you like to experiement with drawing!

This is also where you can meet Sorcerer Mickey, Mr Incredible & Frozone, Wreck it Ralph & Vanellope.
Sweet! Thanks for the link!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Yes, you can skip the Mushu movie.

Enter the animation area through the gift shop, and join the line/area of folks waiting for the next class.

If there are lots of folks waiting, a CM will corral one class-full in the seating area, and the rest will line up outside the chain to be corralled once those go in for their class.

Each class takes about 20 minutes.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
DemonLlama
Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
I Miss WDW!
Needs to catch up to Dan Murphy's post count
The Lizard Queen
Magnificent Creativear

This is the #1 thing to do for my daughter, since she was 9 and discovered it. We typically do 2-3 sessions with different characters.

A few photos I could find:

(2008)
This is the entrance to the gift shop that faces the square. Go straight back and you'll see the door back into the Animation building, through the hall, and the animation class waiting area is on your right.

As you can see, all ages and abilities are encouraged. The pencils do not have erasers -- make mistakes!

(2010)

And a couple from DL's version. They don't have stools and drawing tables, but lap desks.

DemonLlama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: