Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
msmama
DIS Veteran

Looking for City Mini Weight Limit experiences

1st, sorry for yet ANOTHER stroller question on these boards:

Planning on taking my beloved Citi Mini on our trip in 2 weeks (YAY). Ended up at the Stat Health Clinic with my son yesterday where he weighed 50 1/2 lbs!!

Our last urgent care visit (about 2 weeks ago ) he was only 47 lbs. I know he still fits (though squishy) but I was looking for anyone who has used the stroller close to the weight limit. I want to make sure the whole thing isn't going to fall apart one day, lol

I'd try to do without the stroller all together but with his minor sensory issues he needs to big shade for some down time (and he likes the squishy factor, lol). And I'd rather not spend the money on something he's maybe going to get one more use out of.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
nadira36
DIS Veteran

we have the double and have found that the seats hold up well - however the axel is bowing pretty obviously and steering is very tricky. Our girls were about 45lbs each when things began to get difficult to push.

I'd suggest checking around the bolts etc and looking for any fabric wear - check to see if the axel is bowing etc - ours ahs been acting up for about 6 months and we've continued to use it (though not on a trip to Disney - only a couple times to a mall) and down our sidewalks.

If it isn't showing signs of wear, you'll probably have a bit of use out of it yet. I doubt the weight limit is an exact, but rather the upper end of where they've tested.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
ammag
DIS Veteran

My daughter was 50 lbs, my son 25 and we had no problems with the cm double
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

my older son was over 50lbs last year on our trip and he squeezed into the city mini double and passed out every day - weight limits are just what they test them to - and if you break it past that they woudln't repair for free, etc --- whatever you can push and seems safe- go for it

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
sazzifrazz
Mouseketeer

My son is 51 pounds now, and we rented a citi mini for November. I know he'll probably be 53 pounds or so. I tried him in one at a store and it pushed fine. he was a little squished but it beats walking all day!
sazzifrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
epsmith921
Mouseketeer

Can you rent a bigger one? The city mini gt goes to 55 pounds and the city elite goes to 70. Though I understand completely not seeing the necessity when you already have the mini and the weight is only a matter of a pound or two.
epsmith921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
msmama
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info everyone.

I think I'm just going to go with it. I did try him in it and it pushes just fine. I figure if it collapses then I'll just toss it and rent one in the parks!

I'd love the buy an Elite, but spending a couple hundred dollars seems a bit silly when the kid is already 5.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmama View Post
I'd love the buy an Elite, but spending a couple hundred dollars seems a bit silly when the kid is already 5.
I believe the PP was suggesting renting a City Elite just for your trip, if you're worried about the weight limit. I believe my SIL rented a City Elite from Kingdom Strollers a few weeks ago for $60-70.

We own a City Mini, but we didn't want to cart it through the airport so we spent about the same to rent one for our DD for our trip. It was well worth it!

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: