Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Checking in at PC

We've always taken the bus from Orlando, so we have already done our check-in, gotten our KTTW card, etc at the airport. On our next cruise, we intend to drive to the port so we will be checking in there. I think I have read there is a special line for Castaway Club members. My parents will be in a stateroom with DS, who is a CC member, but my parents are not. They will have to go to the regular line, right? Or do all members of the stateroom check in together?

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - May 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmiddy View Post
We've always taken the bus from Orlando, so we have already done our check-in, gotten our KTTW card, etc at the airport. On our next cruise, we intend to drive to the port so we will be checking in there. I think I have read there is a special line for Castaway Club members. My parents will be in a stateroom with DS, who is a CC member, but my parents are not. They will have to go to the regular line, right? Or do all members of the stateroom check in together?
As long as at least one CC member is in a room, that room can checkin at the CC counter. One note here, sometimes the CC line is longer than the "regular" line.

Now, if you had all non-CC members in one room, technically, yes, they would go in the regular line. But it's up to the CMs directing you to your checkin lines whether they will allow non-CC members to checkin with you.

One of our cruises (DH & I = CC members, DD & BFF = non-CC member) were allowed to check in with us in the CC line. Different cruise (DH & I, 2 other non-CC rooms)they had to checkin in the regular line.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Just in case you change your mind on how to get there, it's worth mentioning that they've changed the Orlando bus process, and you do NOT do the check-in process there anymore. It's just transportation now from the airport, and you check in at the port now.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Just in case you change your mind on how to get there, it's worth mentioning that they've changed the Orlando bus process, and you do NOT do the check-in process there anymore. It's just transportation now from the airport, and you check in at the port now.
I did not know they had changed that...thanks for the info. We are planning to try driving down and staying near the beach this time. Can't get enough beach time with two kids.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

As long as at least one CC member is in a room, that room can checkin at the CC counter. One note here, sometimes the CC line is longer than the "regular" line.

Now, if you had all non-CC members in one room, technically, yes, they would go in the regular line. But it's up to the CMs directing you to your checkin lines whether they will allow non-CC members to checkin with you.

One of our cruises (DH & I = CC members, DD & BFF = non-CC member) were allowed to check in with us in the CC line. Different cruise (DH & I, 2 other non-CC rooms)they had to checkin in the regular line.
Thank you for the info!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: