Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

discounted room modify question

We have already paid in full for our cruise. They are now offering discounts for the time we are going. Can they modify my reservations or am I just out of luck?
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, you are out of luck unless you are willing to lose your deposit by canceling and rebooking.
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
MCO mama
Mouseketeer

You should definitely call and ask. I had already paid in full, a better deal came out, and they switched me and refunded the difference. (about a week ago) It is possible, may depend on who you get on the phone. I hope it works for you!!
MCO mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkum View Post
Unfortunately, you are out of luck unless you are willing to lose your deposit by canceling and rebooking.
Thats a real bummer Its 700 cheaper!!!!!
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

You need to call & ask. 46 days before my sail date I noticed that our 1 bedroom price had dropped $972. My TA called and the next day it was refunded to my credit card. Not sure if this was because we were concierge or not, but you should check.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
MCO mama
Mouseketeer

tnkrbell - we were typing at the same time, so you may have missed my reply above. It is worth calling them to ask.
MCO mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Call and ask. The price of our room dropped by about $300 after we had paid in full and we got the difference refunded to our cc.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Maybe it was different for us because it was a military discount. I just question if you can really do that without a penalty of some sort. Let us know if it works for you! Out of curiosity, if you were one to get the discount after your PIF date, was it a VGT, OGT, or IGT fare? Maybe that makes a difference.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
oliverdj
Mouseketeer

Def call, the rate dropped about 40 days out & we too got a refund & we were paid in full

---------------------------------------------
First Disney Cruise: 2012 Disney Dream
oliverdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkum View Post
Maybe it was different for us because it was a military discount. I just question if you can really do that without a penalty of some sort. Let us know if it works for you! Out of curiosity, if you were one to get the discount after your PIF date, was it a VGT, OGT, or IGT fare? Maybe that makes a difference.
Yeah, there's a big difference between a fare drop and a discounted fare with restrictions like *GT or military/Florida. The former is easy to get a refund after PIF, while the latter usually requires a cancel and rebook. The common exception is Kids Sail Free, but it's not a consistent one.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
Arkum
Mouseketeer

I also just realized you didn't state how far out your cruise is. If you paid in full and the cruise is further out than 75 days, you probably still have a chance of keeping your deposit. I guess in our situation, it was closer to the date.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron

Yeah, there's a big difference between a fare drop and a discounted fare with restrictions like *GT or military/Florida. The former is easy to get a refund after PIF, while the latter usually requires a cancel and rebook. The common exception is Kids Sail Free, but it's not a consistent one.
This makes more sense! I must have been typing while you were!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: