DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

7 month window story...

So, last night I'm talking with a good friend. She tells me that she has told her boss (school principal) that she has a very important appt this morning, at 8am, and she'll be an hour late for work. But, she'll be there before 9am. She has this twinkle in her eye...and she says to me 'So, do you think the 7 month window opening is an 'important appt'??? She is trying to get BWV for late Oct!!! I doubt she'll get it, but hey, I think it's an important appt!!!
Only DVCers would think this way!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

Umm, totally!

Today was my 7 month for arrival on October 27th. I stayed home until 8 to book it too! I got in with a 1 bedroom at Beach from October 27th through November 1st!

Last week of October and got in at BEACH!!!! So excited!
thepoohguy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
antree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
So, last night I'm talking with a good friend. She tells me that she has told her boss (school principal) that she has a very important appt this morning, at 8am, and she'll be an hour late for work. But, she'll be there before 9am. She has this twinkle in her eye...and she says to me 'So, do you think the 7 month window opening is an 'important appt'??? She is trying to get BWV for late Oct!!! I doubt she'll get it, but hey, I think it's an important appt!!!
Only DVCers would think this way!!!
Is this why I couldn't get the 27th this morning I'm wondering if she was the one who got in before me..
Maybe her plan did work..
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
minniqt7
DVC Owner SSR, AKV

I did this last week to snag an Old Key West Grand villa at 7 months!!!!! I got it!!!! I'm never late for work but it was def worth it!!!!!

minniqt7

minniqt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

When you're really good, you take care of time-sensitive stuff AT work and make your co-workers think you're working.

A friend of mine had something that had to be scheduled online precisely at 9 PM Eastern. The window opens, everyone rushes in and grabs what they need. You snooze, you lose and don't stand a chance of getting what you want -- which was something for her DD10.

The friend was in the midwest for a company sales meeting, so 8 PM was the witching hour. She and her colleagues were at dinner and one of the muckety-mucks was giving a little talk about exceptional customer service.

While he was doing that, she was on her phone, clicking madly. He noticed, so she said, "Sorry...Company X (her biggest client)." He went on a happy monologue about how her customers knew they could depend on her 24/7, no matter where she was or what she was doing. The colleagues actually applauded.

She got what she wanted for daughter and became a customer service hero in the process!
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
When you're really good, you take care of time-sensitive stuff AT work and make your co-workers think you're working.

A friend of mine had something that had to be scheduled online precisely at 9 PM Eastern. The window opens, everyone rushes in and grabs what they need. You snooze, you lose and don't stand a chance of getting what you want -- which was something for her DD10.

The friend was in the midwest for a company sales meeting, so 8 PM was the witching hour. She and her colleagues were at dinner and one of the muckety-mucks was giving a little talk about exceptional customer service.

While he was doing that, she was on her phone, clicking madly. He noticed, so she said, "Sorry...Company X (her biggest client)." He went on a happy monologue about how her customers knew they could depend on her 24/7, no matter where she was or what she was doing. The colleagues actually applauded.

She got what she wanted for daughter and became a customer service hero in the process!
Haaaa! Classic. That's great. LOL.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

Just curious. Is it really that difficult to get a place at 7 month window?
I know it depends on place and time.
I may buy in next year. But that I one of my concerns. I want to be able to go to all hotels and Hilton head in summer time
Kingdome8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdome8 View Post
Just curious. Is it really that difficult to get a place at 7 month window?
I know it depends on place and time.
I may buy in next year. But that I one of my concerns. I want to be able to go to all hotels and Hilton head in summer time
If you have to have a certain resort for your whole stay then 7mo or less is really based on your luck.
I know that's not what you want to hear. SSR and OKW are the 2 easiest resorts to get into almost any time of the year.
BCV and BWV are almost impossible around F&W time. I'd say almost because I actually saw some rooms available this past month for Oct at 7mo. BLT I found is pretty much impossible for any lower points seasons at 7mo without a lot of sweating and stalking a room right at 8am.
But if you don't mind moving resorts or waitlisting then you will probably be ok.
Now the upcoming Grand Floridian will probably be a different beast all together for booking. Who knows what kind of new rules DVC will create for that one. LOL!
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

Thanks. How about Hilton head in summer?
Cause I see resale is cheaper there but dues are double
Kingdome8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

yeah, i would put trying to get a difficult reservation right up there with an important appt.

imho, vacation is vital to good mental/emotional (and physical, for many) health, so that would be an important medical appt

wish the IRS would agree, so we could use vacation as a deduction....
Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

LOL! My 7 month is on a Saturday, otherwise I'd be doing this. I actually plan on skipping a group run for the marathon I'm training for so I am ready at 8am.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post

LOL. That reminds me of a cruise I was bidding on (via auction site) while sitting in my biggest client's conf room monitoring (yet another) Y2K simulation. We had all been on "no vacations!" lockdown for quite some time and I was bidding for an early Spring sailing. I'm pleased to report I got the winning bid on the auction; my client survived Y2K; and we had a lovely cruise afterwards.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdome8 View Post
Thanks. How about Hilton head in summer?
Cause I see resale is cheaper there but dues are double
Own Hilton head if you want to stay there during the summer.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Well, my friend didn't get BWV!! Huge surprise. She'll be at OKW. Better than being at home!
I wish I hadn't dithered so long trying to make up my mind about going in Dec. Now, I sit and wait until May to get here. Because everyone else who owns at BWV had no issues making up their minds!!! Looks like I'll be at either OKW or SSR.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
antree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Well, my friend didn't get BWV!! Huge surprise. She'll be at OKW. Better than being at home!
I wish I hadn't dithered so long trying to make up my mind about going in Dec. Now, I sit and wait until May to get here. Because everyone else who owns at BWV had no issues making up their minds!!! Looks like I'll be at either OKW or SSR.
There is always hope. I didn't get the first night yesterday either, so I got back on today and moved my day by one day and got the week of the 28th. On top of that we got 2 rooms that week Keep trying and just grab it when you see it.
You don't have to own there to get it. We just have to keep trying and hope for the best just like everyone else does.
antree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: