Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Kristian
Mouseketeer

179 days out and still can't make online rdining reservations?!?!

As of yesterday, we were at the 180 day mark for reservations. I waited until long after 6am to make them online and after trying over and over, I could not do so. I tried all day and then got busy and totally forgot...but I'm only making a few. I remembered a little while ago that I still needed to do it, so I tried again and even though the website says I am now 179 days out, I still can't make them. It just gives me the same message as yesterday, "cannot find a table at this time". I've tried many different time slots and many restaurants, so I know that it's not a "no table available" issue. What is the issue? I like to make them online, but I guess I'm going to have to call in the morning if I still can't make them online.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
gojoe
DIS Veteran

I'm 189 days out. Last night I was wondering how popular Be our Guest was for diner. I would have been able to make a reservation for 180 days out at 8:20. Just tried now and the web site is down. My guess is everyone is trying at 6 am. Keep trying, good luck
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
As of yesterday, we were at the 180 day mark for reservations. I waited until long after 6am to make them online and after trying over and over, I could not do so. I tried all day and then got busy and totally forgot...but I'm only making a few. I remembered a little while ago that I still needed to do it, so I tried again and even though the website says I am now 179 days out, I still can't make them. It just gives me the same message as yesterday, "cannot find a table at this time". I've tried many different time slots and many restaurants, so I know that it's not a "no table available" issue. What is the issue? I like to make them online, but I guess I'm going to have to call in the morning if I still can't make them online.
I would call them and do it by phone. The on line system is very unreliable. I did a few of our on line, but had to call to make others. It's really quick and easy. Good luck.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I would call them and do it by phone. The on line system is very unreliable. I did a few of our on line, but had to call to make others. It's really quick and easy. Good luck.
I called earlier. I made all my reservations, but one...Ohana Apparently, they are having issues with making certain dining ressies for certain restaurants and Ohana is one of them. She assured me that there are tables available, but they have a bug or something in the system and it's not allowing them to make them for Ohana at this time. I tried making another dining reservation online for another restaurant just to check it to be sure and it let me go through the whole process. I didn't confirm it because I was just checking, but the cm seems to be right. If I try making a ressie at Ohana, it gives me table times, but once I click on one, a message pops up that the server is down Guess i'll keep trying, but this was the top ressie on my list so I am annoyed.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Update. I was able to finally get my Ohana reservation. Right after I made my last post, I checked the Disney website one more time and it let me make my ressie with no problem Glad whatever was going on seems to be cleared up on my end.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

I bet you are relieved to have that out of the way! Dining reservations are one of the most stressful aspects of going to Disney. Being able to do all your ADRs at one time, is pretty much the only real benefit I can see for staying on-site. (For my family.) We may stay on-site next time just to save my sanity.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Kristian
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Missy13d69;47927608]I bet you are relieved to have that out of the way! Dining reservations are one of the most stressful aspects of going to Disney. Being able to do all your ADRs at one time, is pretty much the only real benefit I can see for staying on-site. (For my family.) We may stay on-site next time just to save my sanity. [/QUOT

Missy, you are right about it being convenient to be able to do it all at once, but gosh I think it's stressful too.

The online site won't let me make the reservations for the duration of our trip. 180 days from check in for us was yesterday. I could make reservations for that day, but not any day after because those days didn't technically fall at the 180 day mark. We check in on the 22nd, which was 180 days from yesterday. However, the next day, being the 23rd would have been 181 days and it would not allow me to make them...what a pain. You'd basically have to sign in each morning and make your next reservation once the site updated that the ressie date was 180 days out. Last year I had no problems doing this around this time for early September ressies. Or at least, it's doing it that way on my end. I called them and made them for the duration, but geez this new site is really being a pain.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

I haven't been on the dining reservations page for a week now, my 180 days was 3/20, but this sounds like that happened to me that morning. I wanted a breakfast at CRT, so I got up early and turned the computer on so I could be online right at 6. Well, the dumb page didn't want to load up, kept taking forever, saying it was still loading. And then once it was finally up, it woulnd't let me go past 180 days, even though we are staying on site and I should've been able to do my whole trip. It said I needed to confirm our reservations or something like that. I was on there for about a half an hour, getting really frustrated, when I remembered a thread on here and pulled it up. It's got a link to the dining page on the first post and something about that link is just magical. When I went on using that link, everything worked perfectly. I got not only CRT, but also Ohana and Be Our Guest. Then later on, I decided to try and book soemthing else. Again, using my own bookmark, I couldn't get on, but going back the the thread and using the link worked perfectly!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post47862427
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
ibdamamma
If it's dirty, throw it away and buy another one

I tried for hours the other day and the system was busy. I tried to get BOG for any night during our stay and failed miserably. But i did manage to get ideal times and locations for the rest of our days. I would keep calling to try to score a cancelation
ibdamamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
nat1234
Mouseketeer

My 180 day out for reservations was yesterday as well. I also got up early to make my reservations only to find out the system was down. It didn't work again until about 1130, even when calling Disney dining reservations. I was able to make them after that time online. For the original poster, try using the old Disney website, you'll be able to make all your reservations for your stay. For some reason the new site won't let you do the 180 + 10. I was able to get an 'Ohana reservation for breakfast, so I guess it must be dinners that are affected. Good luck.

nat1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Kristian;47927756]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
I bet you are relieved to have that out of the way! Dining reservations are one of the most stressful aspects of going to Disney. Being able to do all your ADRs at one time, is pretty much the only real benefit I can see for staying on-site. (For my family.) We may stay on-site next time just to save my sanity. [/QUOT

Missy, you are right about it being convenient to be able to do it all at once, but gosh I think it's stressful too.

The online site won't let me make the reservations for the duration of our trip. 180 days from check in for us was yesterday. I could make reservations for that day, but not any day after because those days didn't technically fall at the 180 day mark. We check in on the 22nd, which was 180 days from yesterday. However, the next day, being the 23rd would have been 181 days and it would not allow me to make them...what a pain. You'd basically have to sign in each morning and make your next reservation once the site updated that the ressie date was 180 days out. Last year I had no problems doing this around this time for early September ressies. Or at least, it's doing it that way on my end. I called them and made them for the duration, but geez this new site is really being a pain.
Can you not do the 180+10 anymore? That sucks.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post
My 180 day out for reservations was yesterday as well. I also got up early to make my reservations only to find out the system was down. It didn't work again until about 1130, even when calling Disney dining reservations. I was able to make them after that time online. For the original poster, try using the old Disney website, you'll be able to make all your reservations for your stay. For some reason the new site won't let you do the 180 + 10. I was able to get an 'Ohana reservation for breakfast, so I guess it must be dinners that are affected. Good luck.
I found the thread on here about the old website and I tried it. Everything worked fine until it wanted me to verify my reservation for the 180 + 10...then it kept freezing. I saw where I might have to delete cookies in order to make it work, but it is still going crazy I got the 4 ressies that we wanted and I got a 5pm 'Ohana, which is what we wanted, so I'm in good shape as far as ADR's go, but I still like being able to have the option to switch things around and check for openings and it drives me nuts that I can't do it.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
Kristian
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Missy13d69;47931318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post

Can you not do the 180+10 anymore? That sucks.

You can do 180+10 Missy, but not on the new website online, you have to call and you can't call until 7am on your 180 day's out window. This isn't that big of a deal in a sense, except if something isn't available during your week (like BOG), you can't just pop online and check on it if/when it comes available until the day that your trying to make the ADR for is 180 days out. I just don't really love calling them every so often when I'm trying to get things squared away because I like to see my options in front of me....control freak

We are leaving to go camping in 2 days, which means no cell signal, computer, etc. and I really wanted to get things squared away for my 180+10, which is why I called. I still didn't score a BOG for a doable time for the entire week and although the cm's are super nice and helpful, I still like having my options in front of me to see for myself. I just told her it was fine and to just leave things as is.

Last edited by Kristian; 03-27-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: