Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
AMT826
Earning My Ears

ANDYS COMING!!! (Is it true?)

So I've been seeing this picture all over Pinterest, Instagram, & Facebook the last few days of Woody & Jesse at WDW laying on the ground, with the caption that says... 'If you yell 'Andy's coming!' to the Toy Story characters in the park they will stop what they're doing & fall to the ground, like they do in the movies.' I had never heard of this till a few days ago and wondering what you guys thought or if you've ever heard of it. To me, this seems kind of far fetched especially during peak season. & I can just imagine Buzz trying to get up off the ground in his costume, lol....
So what do you guys think, is it true?
AMT826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

If it is it probobly wont be for much longer, now that word is out they could potentially have people doing it almost every greeting, and lord knows young kids would probobly repeat it over and over while standing in line just to see the reaction. You'd very quickly get to the point where it wouldn't be possible to have the characters interact with anyone anymore.

Oddly enough when my 3 year old was meeting Woody a few weeks back (one of the highlights of his trip ) I was wondering what would happen if I told Woody to "Reach for the skyyyyyyy"

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
mbrou24
Theme Park Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT826 View Post
So I've been seeing this picture all over Pinterest, Instagram, & Facebook the last few days of Woody & Jesse at WDW laying on the ground, with the caption that says... 'If you yell 'Andy's coming!' to the Toy Story characters in the park they will stop what they're doing & fall to the ground, like they do in the movies.' I had never heard of this till a few days ago and wondering what you guys thought or if you've ever heard of it. To me, this seems kind of far fetched especially during peak season. & I can just imagine Buzz trying to get up off the ground in his costume, lol....
They USED to be able to do it. But the rules have changed and they no longer can... I guess it was a safety concern as well as concern over damages to the costumes as well as having to do it over and over again... Sometimes when they hear it the character will stop in place for a moment or two, but they no longer fall down
mbrou24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
DisneyJonesGirl
Disney Jones Girl

How Cool was that idea! Even though we all know it wouldn't last long!
DisneyJonesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT826 View Post
Sooooo funny that you mentioned this, I JUST saw this picture yesterday, I was cracking up!! I wouldnt dream of doing that, but it was hilarious!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
mousefan2322
Earning My Ears

If you make Tik Tok sounds near captn hook he would usually start running around !!!!
mousefan2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

This use to be a little secret I guess you could call it. Not many people knew about this little trick but some have done it and it very much so worked, it's too cute but as far as I know now the rules have changed as someone said above and they don't respond to it anymore because it got out of control lol. I could see why once alot of people were doing it, they probably never got through their meet and greets etc.
SFreelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~Cute, but doesn't seem practical. I can't see Disney "allowing" something like this, I just hope the CM's don't get in any trouble or anything because that really was magical!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
LaRosaLoca
Earning My Ears

I remember back 2010 they would stop and look around if someone said Andy was coming. It would have been awesome to see them drop in place. But I can see how then it would get completely out of hand if it we're happening every two minutes.

LaRosaLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #10
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post
If it is it probobly wont be for much longer, now that word is out they could potentially have people doing it almost every greeting, and lord knows young kids would probobly repeat it over and over while standing in line just to see the reaction. You'd very quickly get to the point where it wouldn't be possible to have the characters interact with anyone anymore.

Oddly enough when my 3 year old was meeting Woody a few weeks back (one of the highlights of his trip ) I was wondering what would happen if I told Woody to "Reach for the skyyyyyyy"

Oh, my son did that-- we were over by Splash Mt.

Woody put up his hands, my son "shot" with his finger.

Woody put his hands to his chest, staggered back and did a very dramatic death scene that ended with him hanging over the wooden post.

It was a riot.
MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
BelleBriarRose
Mouseketeer

It happened once with a guest who knew Woody and Jessie. They did it as a joke, but then the guest posted pictures all over the internet. It went viral, but it's not something that will be done again. For one thing, they're Bonnie's toys now. For another, the characters or their costumes could be damaged if they have to quickly play dead. It would be really disruptive if they had to fall to the ground any time someone said "Andy's coming," so the rumor is false. At least we have the pictures to remind us it happened once, though, right?
BelleBriarRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
SamiL
Mouseketeer

Found this on Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/andyscoming.asp

Pretty much what was said above.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
Sophiathe1st
Earning My Ears

Andy's coming...

This makes me so sad. I was looking forward to doing this when I will there in May... but I understand why they no longer do it.
Sophiathe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
Traveleer
Earning My Ears

Straight from Disney Customer Service.

http://imgur.com/xBFocCV

1986 Starship Oceanic /New Years Eve at the Magic Kingdom

1999 Wilderness Lodge +4 days Disney Magic

2003 Sept 20th-27th Eastern Cruise

2005 Aug 1st-10th Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge

2013 Jun 28- Jul 5th. Disney Port Orleans French Qtr.

Traveleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
tiff211
DIS Cast Member
Was busted by leaving chocolate tracks in the Cool Whip!
"what did we learn on the board today?"

Ugh, when we were there two weeks ago, EVERYONE, including my dds were walking by saying it to the green men. It was so annoying to me, had to have been for them as well. One of the green men made a teen boy do push-ups for saying it....now THAT was funny!
tiff211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: