DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #46
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
But even if the paper FPs go away, if you're still allowed to get electronic FPs after park entry at the terminals or on your phone app, then there's no effective difference...
That's the big "if" though. Disney has had numerous opportunities to tout the system as advance FP reservations PLUS others obtained on the fly, and they have not done so.

I'm not going to go through the terms and conditions point by point, but it does contain passages which suggest this will all be capped at the 3 passes per day. Comments posted on-line from Cast Members and others support that, too.

Strictly my opinion but I think the best we can hope for is that Disney will offer additional FPs to its resort guests. If FP+ advance reservations are open to everyone as discussed a few posts ago, it would shock me if they didn't find some way to spin it in the favor of their resort guests...including DVC owners.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #47
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
That's the big "if" though. Disney has had numerous opportunities to tout the system as advance FP reservations PLUS others obtained on the fly, and they have not done so.

I'm not going to go through the terms and conditions point by point, but it does contain passages which suggest this will all be capped at the 3 passes per day. Comments posted on-line from Cast Members and others support that, too.

Strictly my opinion but I think the best we can hope for is that Disney will offer additional FPs to its resort guests. If FP+ advance reservations are open to everyone as discussed a few posts ago, it would shock me if they didn't find some way to spin it in the favor of their resort guests...including DVC owners.
Good points-I was just thinking they could maybe charge quite a bit extra to add "hopping" if it meant you could reserve FP+ at the other parks on the fly.

And agree, buying DVC, staying Deluxe etc could end up with more.

I think they will see how it goes for now first.
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #48
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post

I haven't gone through these yet, but the T&Cs will outweigh any reporting threads.

The Term & Conditions:
Quote:
DISNEY FASTPASS+ Service

Once available, Disney FastPass+ service allows you to select an arrival window to experience certain park attractions, character meet and greets, and quick-service restaurants, and to arrange a viewing location for certain entertainment such as fireworks, parades and shows.

Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.

Each confirmed FastPass+ attraction, entertainment or restaurant selection is valid for (1) guest admission to the entrance of the designated FastPass+ location on the date and during the arrival window confirmed by the Site/App.

The operating hours of all attractions, entertainment and restaurant locations are subject to closures and change without notice.

You may make FastPass+ selections for yourself, your Managed Friends, and your Connected Friends.

Your Connected Friends may also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without notification to you. You can view the selections and modifications made by Connected Friends for you when you log in to your account and view your itinerary.

FastPass+ selections made for you by a Friend will count toward the number of FastPass+ selections you may make and hold.

A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

Each FastPass+ selection will designate an arrival window for an attraction, restaurant location or entertainment experience. The FastPass+ selection is not valid before or after the designated arrival window or at any other FastPass+ location.

You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and redeem a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.

When you initially make FastPass+ selections for a particular park, you will select a FastPass+ experience set and if your plans change, you may modify the entire FastPass+ experience set until the first FastPass+ experience is redeemed or the first unredeemed experience expires. You may modify an unredeemed individual FastPass+ experience any time prior to the end the day.

All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed. Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.

Magic Your Way ticket holders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders.

Ticket holders holding passes or tickets with block-out dates may not make FastPass+ selections for any block-out date without the purchase of separate valid park admission and assigning that admission entitlement to your account.

We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours.

Other restrictions and rules may apply based on type of park admission. FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted.

Seems we'll need to get our tickets well in advance of arrival.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Last edited by Greysword; 03-28-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #49
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Thanks Greysword.

I haven't been on the theme parks board lately. Interesting changes...but I'm optimistic that on-site guests will have additional perks.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #50
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
No one really knows how it's all going to work; I don't even think WDW does, honestly. I think someone had a Grand Idea and started implementing it without talking to people who could bring up the good questions, comments, and concerns, and now they're working it out..

EXACTLY! Well said!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #51
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
I haven't gone through these yet, but the T&Cs will outweigh any reporting threads.
The terms and conditions provide some insight but they are a lot like the DVC POS. It's a broad framework which provides few details.

And the Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time.

BTW, the Terms and Conditions does currently say "...the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited..."

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #52
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Everything I have read and been told, does not exclude anyone that has a ticket.

It makes no difference where you stay, Disney, not Disney, at your own home, it is all linked to having advance tickets.

There is absolutely nothing to prevent someone with an AP or multi day tickets from using My Disney Experience.

Now everything is subject to change but that has been the story up to this point.

As to how they will prevent, as TJ said someone booking a Fastpass+ plus time and then not using it, I don't know. There has been nothing released about that at all. But then that could also be said of someone with an AP or staying at a Disney resort, those could just as easily book a time in advance and not use it.

I did ask if you want to wait and buy your tickets when you arrive, you will miss out on the 60 day advance booking.

Sadly one of Disney's major short comings when introducing new programs is being able to think like a guest who will manipulate anything to their own personal advantage. It happened with the dining plan and they had to come back and make adjustments.

Last edited by Sammie; 03-28-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #53
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney

Don't like a lot of what I read like only one park and nothing yet about making day of FP along with your 3 advanced.

Biggest issue as dvc member is the AP rule of 20 per quarter. So ap users that visit for longer than 6 days can not get 3 FP's per day. How is that fair? Should be 3 per day regardless of what ticket you have

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #54
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
Biggest issue as dvc member is the AP rule of 20 per quarter. So ap users that visit for longer than 6 days can not get 3 FP's per day. How is that fair? Should be 3 per day regardless of what ticket you have
I could be way off, but IMO that will mean if you don't have a room reserved.

Otherwise a local AP holder could reserve TSM (or whatever) every single day of the year, just "in case" I feel like going today.

But once they book a 7 day or more stay-then that would free up additional FP+ for that stay-again just IMO.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #55
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny
Don't like a lot of what I read like only one park and nothing yet about making day of FP along with your 3 advanced.

there is no rule of 20 per quarter. that was a rumor on here with little substance.

bwang123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #56
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post

And now we're right back to the beginning. The people who know aren't going to talk about it. The people who are talking about it almost certainly don't KNOW. Or might think they know but don't really.

We KNOW nothing. We can guess at just about anything.

I'm really good at worrying about things that never come to pass (and some that do), but I'm reserving that "talent" for other things in my life, NOT about this whole FP+ thing, which was my advice to the OP. Why not wait until it's actually fully rolled out?

You know that "keep calm and carry on" phrase? Let's do that.

And yesterday I saw a shirt in black (vs the red that usually backs the above phrase) that said "NOW let's panic and freak out". Once they implement it, we can do that.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #57
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
And now we're right back to the beginning. The people who know aren't going to talk about it. The people who are talking about it almost certainly don't KNOW. Or might think they know but don't really.

We KNOW nothing. We can guess at just about anything.

I'm really good at worrying about things that never come to pass (and some that do), but I'm reserving that "talent" for other things in my life, NOT about this whole FP+ thing, which was my advice to the OP. Why not wait until it's actually fully rolled out?

You know that "keep calm and carry on" phrase? Let's do that.

And yesterday I saw a shirt in black (vs the red that usually backs the above phrase) that said "NOW let's panic and freak out". Once they implement it, we can do that.
Exactly, because even those that do know are making changes to what was known even by them.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #58
johde
DIS Veteran

I agree that we need to wait for something more firm before we start panicking. All we have right now is snippets of information from various sources. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that our very own Disney Files magazine it implies that there will be same day FP+ in addition to the ones you reserve in advance.

It mentions making reservation both in advance and on the go.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #59
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johde View Post
I agree that we need to wait for something more firm before we start panicking. All we have right now is snippets of information from various sources. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that our very own Disney Files magazine it implies that there will be same day FP+ in addition to the ones you reserve in advance.

It mentions making reservation both in advance and on the go.
We still don't have enough info to be sure how that will play out. It could be as a guest you can do both, or it could mean that if you don't book in advance you can book while in the park.

Not sure it definitely means you can do both.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #60
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Seems we'll need to get our tickets well in advance of arrival.
where did you find this - looked for hours and could not find it

so please say!!!

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: