DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellandscott View Post
...if DH & I show up at Magic Kingdom at 9am for opening we get on the train and ride to Fronterland get off and get a BTMR FP for 10:20am-11:20am, we walk around maybe ride Haunted Mansion and small world making our way over to Space Mountain at 10:30am, we can now get a FP for that ride to come back at noon. We hightail it back to thunder mountain in our timefame. Now we head over to pirates and do some rides over there. Head over to Splash at 12:05pm and get a FP there for 4:00pm. Head back to Space Mtn in our hour. It is now 12:45pm and we go to lunch and then some more rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
With that said, the implementation of something that eliminates the need to run around the parks is a good thing to me.
Amen, awilliams!

Let's look at OP's touring:

Main gate to Frontierland via train.
Train station to BTMR.
Walk from BTMR to Space Mountain via Fantasyland.
Walk from Space Mountain back to BTMR.
Walk from BTMR to Splash.
Walk from Splash to Adventureland.
Walk from Adventureland back to Splash.
Walk from Splash to Space Mountain.

You've criss-crossed the park four times in four hours in the interest of "saving" time with FASTPASS!

Our family was able to test FP+ back in December. Back then we were able to choose TWO attractions from a group that included all three mountains. Assuming that's still the case when this is rolled-out, your touring could go something like this:

- POTC
- BTMR (standby line shouldn't be long at all since park just opened.)
- Splash (FP+)
- Haunted Mansion
- Small World
- Space Mountain (FP+)

And fill in with any other attractions of choice.

There you've made ONE clockwise trip around the entire park, and shed all of the wasted time running from Fastpass machine to Fastpass machine.

The attraction list above sounds more like 2 hours worth of touring with all of the extra walking eliminated.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
Sur
Love the Dis

Did you know all this from the top of your head or did you have to look and figure out her path? Wow... it hurts my head to think this much. I need to go take a nap now.
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

Ok to answer some of the questions/ issues brought up.

1. I read that you will get 3 FP+ if you book 60+ days in advance, since I am DVC this would apply to us.
You get one for a "major" ride, one for a "minor" ride and one for a show. Nice to know it was 4 and you get 2 Major attraction.

2. As far as walking all over to "save time with FP". It is not about saving time it is about saving my stress level. I have a problem with waiting longer then expected. (posted 20 minutes and it takes 35) Not moving forward. ect.. Get what some would call anxiety I feel jumpy, twitchy. My family will not drive in a car with me in traffic, they would rather not be around me because I come unglued. Otherwise I am a really nice person I just am missing the patience gene. I will cross the park as many times as I need to have minimal waits.
Yes we go often enough that I do not need to go on every ride everytime. So we are missing rides and not using our time wisely I am sure but it works for us. And you would be surprised how much you can get done in between. I just thought up a sample tour plan, but if we are at MK all day the way we cover it I would have gotten in a few shorter line rides. Disney is the only vacation I go on where I loose weight. LOL.

BTW steps 5,6,7 are close, Splash and Thunder are next to each other and Pirates in just down the little ally.

As one person stated I will not be able to go to Disney if the FP+ system works this way. All the lines will be too long. Went to DL during gay days in Oct as that is when my niece had vacation, place was so crowded and alot of rides do not have fast pass, spend most of the time at the hotel. I will not be waiting 45min - hour for any ride.

3. I assumed that since FP+ is only for onsite guests that they would still have some form of FP for people staying off property. Since Universal has a similar system I am thinking WDW would need to have it to keep competitive. What I am hoping is that those of us staying on site would still have access to the system that the off site people use as to be able to double dip. Now that is an advantage of staying onsite!

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR, May 2014 VGF

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
awilliams4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok to answer some of the questions/ issues brought up.

1. I read that you will get 3 FP+ if you book 60+ days in advance, since I am DVC this would apply to us.
You get one for a "major" ride, one for a "minor" ride and one for a show. Nice to know it was 4 and you get 2 Major attraction.

2. As far as walking all over to "save time with FP". It is not about saving time it is about saving my stress level. I have a problem with waiting longer then expected. (posted 20 minutes and it takes 35) Not moving forward. ect.. Get what some would call anxiety I feel jumpy, twitchy. My family will not drive in a car with me in traffic, they would rather not be around me because I come unglued. Otherwise I am a really nice person I just am missing the patience gene. I will cross the park as many times as I need to have minimal waits.
Yes we go often enough that I do not need to go on every ride everytime. So we are missing rides and not using our time wisely I am sure but it works for us. And you would be surprised how much you can get done in between. I just thought up a sample tour plan, but if we are at MK all day the way we cover it I would have gotten in a few shorter line rides. Disney is the only vacation I go on where I loose weight. LOL.

BTW steps 5,6,7 are close, Splash and Thunder are next to each other and Pirates in just down the little ally.

As one person stated I will not be able to go to Disney if the FP+ system works this way. All the lines will be too long. Went to DL during gay days in Oct as that is when my niece had vacation, place was so crowded and alot of rides do not have fast pass, spend most of the time at the hotel. I will not be waiting 45min - hour for any ride.

3. I assumed that since FP+ is only for onsite guests that they would still have some form of FP for people staying off property. Since Universal has a similar system I am thinking WDW would need to have it to keep competitive. What I am hoping is that those of us staying on site would still have access to the system that the off site people use as to be able to double dip. Now that is an advantage of staying onsite!
Not to say this is the case with you but I have lost track of how many people have suggested that FP+ is the last straw for them and I can't help but think that years from now, they will all be going and loving FP+.
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
As one person stated I will not be able to go to Disney if the FP+ system works this way. All the lines will be too long.
How do you figure the lines will be too long? They aren't changing the attraction capacity.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #21
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

It is my understand that the FP+ system will work like this:

1) Just like it does now, except with an RFID card/bracelet vice your paper ticket. You can collect one fastpass at a time until your ride window or two hours after this one.

2) In addition to the above, select guests are able to reserve a fastpass time to certain attractions, parades, fireworks, and other events prior to vacation arrival. Of course if a guests choose a Space Mountain fastpass for 10:15am, then that one ticket is removed from the availability queue, but otherwise this has no other effect on the current FP distribution system.

I will look for the documentation for this online, but this is my understanding how the system is supposed to work. As such, the OP may run around like a crazy person if they desire and have the relatively same outcome. However, I would recommend taking advantage of the reservations and getting that SM fastpass before arriving at the park, so a trip to Frontierland is all that's needed to start the touring and no double tracking.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #22
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post

1) Just like it does now, except with an RFID card/bracelet vice your paper ticket. You can collect one fastpass at a time until your ride window or two hours after this one.

2) In addition to the above, select guests are able to reserve a fastpass time to certain attractions, parades, fireworks, and other events prior to vacation arrival. Of course if a guests choose a Space Mountain fastpass for 10:15am, then that one ticket is removed from the availability queue, but otherwise this has no other effect on the current FP distribution system.

I will look for the documentation for this online, but this is my understanding how the system is supposed to work.
I will be very curious to see if you can find anything.

When we were 100% in the speculative stages 6+ months ago, many theorized that the systems would run in tandem. I once believed that myself.

But since Disney began officially releasing information, there has been no indication that resort guests would receive any preferential treatment beyond the ability to reserve FPs in advance. Stories printed in the Disney Parks Blog and circulated through the media play-up the ability to reserve FP+ return times in advance and make changes on-the-fly while in the theme parks, but there is no mention of being able to secure additional ride times once inside the park.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #23
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post

I will look for the documentation for this online, but this is my understanding how the system is supposed to work. As such, the OP may run around like a crazy person if they desire and have the relatively same outcome. However, I would recommend taking advantage of the reservations and getting that SM fastpass before arriving at the park, so a trip to Frontierland is all that's needed to start the touring and no double tracking.
imo this is a reasonable way to implement the program while not alienating those who are content with current FP system.

Curious as to how GACs will eventually be handled.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Actually while the Net forums can be great for planning a trip this is case of a little info can be a dangerous thing.

Most everything you can read about Fastpass+ right now is pure rumor and speculation.

Until, it is completely released, up and running and then tweaked I would not even give it a second thought.

Nothing official has been released as to how it will actually work, until then I would not worry about it at all.

We enjoyed the parks prior to Fastpass, we have enjoyed them since Fastpass and we will continue to enjoy them with Fastpass+ or whatever the future brings.

I honestly just do not get the hue and cry over this program, if one can not adapt to change, I have to wonder if Disney World is really the best choice for a vacation.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #25
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

That's right Sammie, but this is all we have to go on at this time.

I wouldn't get real upset about what may/may not happen months down the line, since this system will likely be implemented pretty soon. Plus if FP+ people don't have access to the traditional system while FP regular people do, then this part of the NextGen will be a pretty big flop, and it is very likely (in my estimation) that Disney management will make the decision to allow FP+ people to have access to regular FP as well.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

If the FP+ is only good at 1 park a day we could go back to getting the MYW passes instead of PH and save some money! I am not a big fan of park hopping anyway we have been to WDW so many times that a few hours a day is good for me love the resorts - DH on the other hand wants to rush off to another park in the late afternoon/evening it may work for me

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #27
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

As soon as FASTPASS+ has been rolled out to all groups, the legacy, paper ticket FASTPASS system will be discontinued.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
WildernessMickey
Mouseketeer

Question for those who were in the trial group - how did you know when your FP+ times were since you only had a wrist band and not a printed ticket with times on it?

WildernessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #29
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildernessMickey View Post
Question for those who were in the trial group - how did you know when your FP+ times were since you only had a wrist band and not a printed ticket with times on it?
We got the times on line and there were kiosks where you could check. We didn't have a wrist band, I was in a group with the green fast pass cards. We just put the card next to the reader when getting in line.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #30
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

Tim- Most of the big rides usually have more then a 30 minute wait during the day. I know I can get one in first thing, but after the first hour wait times increase. I assume the wait times will be the same or worse at the times of year we go as they have been in the past.

Greysword- I guess based on what is speculated my fear is that if I have a FP+ for 10:15. The system will not allow me to get another FP for Space Mtn. I hope it works at you stated, as it does now. The other fear is what if BTMRR does not have a FP+ available for advance booking until 1:30pm, does that block me when I am in the park from getting any FP in the morning? I understand I will have to wait until it comes out.

awilliams4- Before fastpass we would go during the slow times. Now Disney has done a great time to fill in those times. F&W in the fall, Marathon around the 9th of Jan has turned into a 1/2 week event not just one day, ect. It is really difficult to do disney with out fass pass and not wait in line over 30 minutes. Hope it is possible, but the last few years have shown crowds getting bigger.

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR, May 2014 VGF

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: