Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #76
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
To be blunt, there is nothing that the front desk can do to help. It is up to the OP to do what THEY can do to minimize impacting the guests around them. It is not a reasonable accommodation to expect Disney to keep rooms unoccupied. Nor is it reasonable to expect other guests to simply have to deal with it and have their nights interrupted.

The OP needs to take it upon themselves to take the steps needed. This, most likely, would be to get a cabin, a unit at THV, or to rent a house off site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1182 View Post
Notifing the front desk will not prevent a concerend guest or CM from calling security or the police. If they are called they will come.

Hearing an adult screaming in the middle of the night is far differnt than a baby crying. I do not know how you can possibly compare the two.

I do not think it is reasonable to expect a hotel disney or not to leave adjoining rooms empty . They will also have to have the rooms above and below empty and have other guests kepe windows closed and balconey doors closed ?

If you need this accomadation then perhaps you should concider going at a off peak time .

Do you want the hotel to notify all hotel guests that if you hear an adult screaminging the middle of the night ignore it?

I agree that treatment ,medication, and theraphy can help and perhaps get this condition under control .

Can't believe the amazingly rude people on this thread! Thank goodness for the report buttons. To the OP, ignore them. They want to talk about being entitled, yet they feel entitled to come in and be rude. Clearly they have no idea what it's like to experience problems similar to yours.

Getting back to your original post, I think you've gotten some great advice.Have a wonderful holiday and I hope that everything works out for you and your family!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 03-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #77
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Seriously? People shouldn't be staying in hotels because of a medical condition. Unbelievable. Sorry but no one can simply get night terrors and/or PTSD "under control" it's not a puppy!

As for you mentioning you cancelling your trip, your child was going through a phase with the night terrors whether it was in direct relation to his autism or simply a childhood phase. The OP's condition may never get better so are you suggesting they never go on a holiday with their family?

Disgraceful.

to the OP. Ignore the haters! They are the ones with the problem not you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
Sorry, but if you don't have this under control, you should not be staying in hotels.

We have two autistic kids. One of them went through a phase of night terrors (blood curdling screaming in the middle of the night, would last 30 min or so each time) around the age of 3.

We actually chose to cancel a booked vacation due to this issue. We did not feel it was fair for us to have a child in a hotel room that might do this and wake up the people in the surrounding rooms.

We held off on taking a family vacation until this phase had passed. We finally went when he was 5. It took that long.

This is a serious problem if it's occurring in adulthood, and I am frankly shocked that there is no way to get this under control. I have never heard of adults having long standing issues with night terrors that are not due to some major health or mental issue. However, as much as I feel for you, OP, you really cannot expect to be accommodated in a hotel for this kind of thing. Your only real option (if you are a decent human being) is to stay in an offsite house or simply not travel.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #78
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Folks, either post something useful to the OP, or move on to another thread.

Hint: "don't travel" isn't useful. Neither is arguing amongst yourselves.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #79
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
I've been woken up in hotels by babies crying, loud people in the hallways coming back at the end of EMH, blasting televisions, drunks hanging by the pool till all hours, and yes, amorous neighbors. I certainly wouldn't be happy to be woken up, but there's no exclusion clause in hotels for those that have night terrors. Many folks seem to have missed the fact that on most nights it only wakes you up. Do you best to head it off, and enjoy your vacation.
Agreed and very well put.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #80
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Can't believe the amazingly rude people on this thread! Thank goodness for the report buttons. To the OP, ignore them. They want to talk about being entitled, yet they feel entitled to come in and be rude. Clearly they have no idea what it's like to experience problems similar to yours.

Getting back to your original post, I think you've gotten some great advice.Have a wonderful holiday and I hope that everything works out for you and your family!
I just have to say I agree 100%! People feel they need to be rude and judgmental over being helpful! This is a Disney website you would think people would be a little more cheerful! God forbid they are ever affected by a medical condition hopefully people aren't so rude to them! I keep wondering what some of them would say about a person with Tourette syndrome visiting Disney? Would that be equally traumatic? Should a person with Tourettes stay home? A medical condition like this is not something that can be controlled! God forbid the OP would want to enjoy a Disney vacation with his kids! I know that a screaming man in the middle of the night is not ideal but it is what it is! People need to get over themselves and either help the OP with a suggestion or move on to another thread! In the Words of Thumper " if you don't have nuttin nice to say don't say nuttin at all!"

Good Luck OP ! I hope you have a great time at POR!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POFQ *
Old 03-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #81
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

I also can't believe the rudeness in this thread.

Thread closed for moderator review.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: