Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
limace
DIS Veteran

I agree! Fascinating-I like this park but it's definitely the one I know the least about.

For some reason, my favorite part is the safe house bathrooms
Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
beachclub1011
Earning My Ears

unbelievable discussion!!!!! has renewed my interest in AK and now I can't wait to get back! WHEN IS PART2!!!!!
beachclub1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Absolutely LOVED this segment. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park and it was a delight to hear about all of the details that I never even knew about. I'm amazed that this is only going to be a two part segment. I'm curious about how to fit the rest of AK stuff into one more segment, seems like it could use three segments.

Well done!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

Agreed... I thoroughly enjoyed this segment very much. Great job Dustin & Holly! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by limace View Post
I agree! Fascinating-I like this park but it's definitely the one I know the least about.

For some reason, my favorite part is the safe house bathrooms
Yeah that was interesting and it made me wonder if all zoo's have doors like that on the bathrooms.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

I agree. Excellent segment and a wonderful tribute to what has always been my favorite park. My first visit to WDW was in 2000 so I have never known WDW without AK. It is all in the details.

I have watched this segment twice and listened to it an additional two times. I am in desperate need of episode 2 or I'll know episode 1 by heart.
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

So it seams that doors locking from the inside of bathrooms is common to zoo as i just noticed it in one at the Toronto zoo

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

So any word when we can expect part 2?
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
WDsMouse
Disney Fan

Smile Thank you!!

Hi All! This is Holly

I know I'm not that active on the Boards, but I just wanted to thank you all for your posts. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the DAK episode and I can't wait to do the next one!!

I sure wish I was at DAK today for the 15th anniversary, but unfortunately have to work. And to answer a previous question, I don't work with animals anymore, but DAK and animals are still definitely a passion of mine and I visit as much as I can to keep up with all the latest news and changes, and just to enjoy the park

See you for Part 2!

Holly
WDsMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

The Animal Kingdom segment was truly awesome. I love Animal Kingdom and learned so much from that segment. I cannot wait for Part 2!!!!!
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #26
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

One of the podcasters was asking on the second edition of the Animal Kingdom podcast about what they feed the tigers at Animal Kingdom, but at the Toronto Zoo they feed them horsemeat as well giving them bones every other day.

Another thing mentioned in the podcast reminded me of a story I have herd the lion keepers tell about the lins getting hold of one of the wild deer in the zoo grounds. The Toronto Zoo sits in an area of Toronto known as the rogue valley. it's now a national park, anyway one night a gardner was doing some work in the lion outdoor yard (the lions were in their pens for the night). Well they were doing their work one of the wild deer from the rouge valley found it's way into the exhibit and ended up hidden by the tall grass that is in the moat between the exhibit and the guests. The next morning it made an appearance and the lions attacked it in full view of guests. There was apparently talk of trying to get the lions out of there or tranquilizing them, in the end they just let them have their feast. It took the four of them at the time about three days to finish it and they couldn't even get them to leave the exhibit to go back into their pens for the night, they also didn't eat anything else for a week after that.

- Walt Disney
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #27
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

I thought Teresa was being mean to Dustin...

great segment. Really enjoyed it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: