Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Birthday buttons

Hiya! Where do you go to get Birthday buttons & I'm Celebrating buttons? Do we need to show proof of the birthday?

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah View Post
Hiya! Where do you go to get Birthday buttons & I'm Celebrating buttons? Do we need to show proof of the birthday?
I got my birthday button from the resort I was staying at. You can also get the buttons from little stands with CM by them. They have a whole assortment of buttons. In MK the stand is to the left side when you walk through the gate. I did not need to sow any proof. Enjoy your celebrations!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
mom_of_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
krayzmelmel
Mouseketeer

You can also get them at the ticket counters and guest relations :-)

Next Trip: Hopefully Tomorrow!
All my Disney experiences ~ PRICELESS :-D

krayzmelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
bonhorst
Earning My Ears

Birthday for a kid?

Hello there. I'm new to this board, and am looking into birthday info for my son that will be having a birthday the same week we go to Disneyland. What can you tell me? What are birthday buttons and what do they do for you in the park? Can you get any special discounts/ deals if you have a birthday there? Thanks for all the hints!
Ivy
bonhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhorst
Hello there. I'm new to this board, and am looking into birthday info for my son that will be having a birthday the same week we go to Disneyland. What can you tell me? What are birthday buttons and what do they do for you in the park? Can you get any special discounts/ deals if you have a birthday there? Thanks for all the hints!
Ivy
Hi! A birthday button is a big badge that says its your sons birthday. Cast members will write on his name and a little mickey if you ask them to. When you go to restaurants, you will generally get a free dessert for your son, like a special cupcake. Character meals will get him a birthday card with all the characters present signatures on it- my niece also got lots of lovely comments from every cast member we saw, and she got a free tiara from Cinderella who just 'happened' to have one lying about you'll also find random guests wishing him a happy birthday. When I'm waiting for the evening fireworks and parades, I give out glowsticks to every child with a birthday button

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Any Celebration Pixie Dust is at the discretion of the CM's. You will definitely get well wishes from CM's and other guests, however, free desserts or other items are not guaranteed.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
bonhorst
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Thank you both. Can you explain the Pixie Dust comment? I'm not sure what it means, as well as "CM" since I'm new to this board. Thank you!
Ivy
bonhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
FlaGrl38
Earning My Ears

Welcome to the board!!!

CM = Cast Member (AKA: Employee). When working at Disney, you are considered being "on stage", therefore, they are not an employees but "Cast Members".

If I'm not mistaken (and someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe the 'pixie dust' comment was in reference to the magical things that can happen at Disney (ie: surprise deliveries in your room, free desserts, special little gifts, etc.... things that are not the norm, that Disney would do to make your celebration more special).

You can get your buttons pretty much anywhere, we got ours from the resort, but almost EVERY little kiosk, store, cart, etc... had CM's giving out buttons.

PS: you're going to get TONS of great info here. The people on this board are AWESOME and I got a lot of input when planning my trip.
Moms Favorite Youngest - 3

March 2013 - All Star Sports Resort
June 2014 - All Star Movies Resort

December 2014 - *hopefully* AKL

FlaGrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: