Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #136
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Yes, and we have. We took our oldest daughter (then, 3.5) when the twins were a year old. She needed some alone time with us. It had been a difficult adjustment for all of us adding two new babies. It was wonderful and my parents loved keeping the babies. We are returning in December with everyone-my kids will be 5.5 and babies will be 3.5. We are excited to do it with everyone this go around.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #137
Lbachelot
Mouseketeer

I couldn't imagine not bringing both of my kids! Where I go my kids go!

1995 FW, 1997 The Cabins at FW, 1999 Off Site with HS Band, 2001 ASM, Jan. 2012 POR (DD's First Trip), Dec. 2013 POFQ (DS's First Trip), Oct. 2014 AoA (Mommy/Daughter Surprise Trip)

Lbachelot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #138
PWammy
Mouseketeer

Yep!!! We go to Disney on a regular basis, so the baby could grab the next trip for us.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #139
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Ohana means family, and Family means nobody gets left behind...

And this phrase has officially gone from being a nice sentiment to a weapon to beat people with for not doing it exactly the way someone else does.

OP, we did a week in DL with our 1 year old and then for the next trip we broke the code and disinherited her and cast her out of the ohana like heartless varlets and let her teen brother have a weekend in the parks with his parents that was *not* centered around baby care. Both trips were wonderful and the baby had not filed for emancipation when we returned. Do the trip the way that works best for your family.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #140
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

I would not be able to leave my girls...

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #141
rteetz
DIS Veteran

No don't leave anyone home taking her won't cost you that much more anyways. I myself first went to disney as an 8 month old cant say I remember anything but there is plenty of baby pictures to take as well as family portraits. I have never and will never leave anyone home disney just offers so much for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #142
twinmom319
Mouseketeer

I vote for taking the baby. Our first trip was just DH and I for 1 day prior to a cruise - then once we had the twins we went when they were 4, 5, and 6 and with that last trip we had DD#3 who was 9 months. All of the trips were amazing in different ways. We then took a break from Disney (mostly because of the FLE and my DH who needed a break!)
In between we have roadtripped to PA and VA and TN from Chicago, with all the kids. Were there hairy moments? of course. Would I change any minute of any of the trips? absolutely not.

But that's us. As one of the other posters said, maybe it's because I'm a workign mom and vacations are my only time to really be with the kids without a million other things to do. They are a sacred time, for our family to be together. And I am blessed to have kids that travel well. (sleeping, and eating, now that's a different story. But traveling, they have down).

Families come in all different shapes and sizes, with different needs. You have to decide what's best for your family. And then be secure enough in that to ignore all the people who don't know your family who choose to judge your decision.

June 2013 POR - first WDW road trip
January 2010 POR - first trip for the peanut!
April '08 POR
May '07 WL - 1st with twin
May '03 POFQ
twinmom319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #143
churchpilot
I never look back, Dahling, it distracts from the NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Who View Post
And this phrase has officially gone from being a nice sentiment to a weapon to beat people with for not doing it exactly the way someone else does.

OP, we did a week in DL with our 1 year old and then for the next trip we broke the code and disinherited her and cast her out of the ohana like heartless varlets and let her teen brother have a weekend in the parks with his parents that was *not* centered around baby care. Both trips were wonderful and the baby had not filed for emancipation when we returned. Do the trip the way that works best for your family.
What she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: