Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
kldnyc
Earning My Ears

princess dresses

We are planning our first WDW with children. My daughter (5 yr old) is a princess fanatic, and she has been asking about wearing her princess dresses to the park. According to her, she is planning to wear nothing but princess dresses Do the little girls do this? It seems like it would be kind of uncomfortable/hot to wear one every day. We are going in October, and I am making a BBB appointment for one day, so she will have some princess action. What do all of your princess fans wear in the park?
kldnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Courtney829
Earning My Ears

Lots of little girls in the parks wear princess dresses. I'd plan to pack another outfit for her just in case she gets hot/uncomfortable but let her wear them.
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
goldies 5
DIS Veteran

I have to force my 3 year old to wear anything else. She loves to wear her princess dresses. On the other side my 18 year old hated them.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
kldnyc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney829 View Post
Lots of little girls in the parks wear princess dresses. I'd plan to pack another outfit for her just in case she gets hot/uncomfortable but let her wear them.
Lol- I guess if she can't go full-out princess in DWD, then where else???
kldnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
PWammy
Mouseketeer

We usually go in October which is probably a good time for the dresses b/c it's not super hot. My daughter wore hers to the Princess Tea, but she also has a tank/tutu set and a sundress. It was a little poofy, but we managed and had a change of clothes/shoes.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldnyc

Lol- I guess if she can't go full-out princess in DWD, then where else???
Truth!
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I have seen little girls in them all the time, don't know if they wear them everyday or not, so, tell her to go for it and be treated like a real Princess Enjoy every minute...
Old 04-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

I would say let her wear a princess dress everyday if she wants. But bring other clothing in case she does get hot/uncomfortable.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

My girls wore theres all day for one day, and then "got over it" and decided they liked wearing their regular clothes better. It just depends on the kiddo, but nothing is wrong or unusual about being a princess all day every day at Disney.
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
Texas Crude
Mouseketeer

Apparently the dresses online at the Disney Store are slightly different from the dresses sold in the park.

Is it possible to buy the park dresses online, so we'll have one before we go?
Texas Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Crude
Apparently the dresses online at the Disney Store are slightly different from the dresses sold in the park.

Is it possible to buy the park dresses online, so we'll have one before we go?
There should be an option for deluxe or park dress. They aren't that much different just might have a few extra details. The make and quality is still the same. We have both park and store dresses and can't tell the difference.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
PWammy
Mouseketeer

As far as I know, the park dresses are only available in the park; they are different and better quality, when we were there in October, they ran about $70-80 while the store/online dresses were about $45, except for the bridal or limited dresses which were around $150.

If you really have you heart set on a park dress, get one down there, or Downtown Disney, but I'd get one or two online (most of them are on sale now) and keep the plastic and receipts and bring it as a backup. You also never know if they are going to have the size you want at the park, certain ones sell fast. The accessories are also different, and much better at the park. I kind of felt bad for the few little girls who were at the Princess Tea and not in a dress, I'm sure it was by plan, but they just seemed out of place with all the other girls done up! It's also best to pack them in the plastic b/c the glitter gets everywhere.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
bellesguest
Earning My Ears

I say let her wear them, and pack something else incase she gets too hot. We see little girls all the time in their dresses at the parks. I only wish I had girls so I could let them wear princess dresses. I don't think my boys will go for it.
bellesguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

There is a number for merchandising at the park that you can call and have items shipped directly from the parks - someone here might have it if not, I'll post it later when I have a chance to look.

You call and describe what you're looking for and they can ship it to you - I did it fora necklace that we lost after getting home that was only available in the parks.
As for dressed, DD4 shocked me our 1st night by saying she was going to wear a dress even though it wasn't her BBB day - she wore one every day we were at MK but didn't care to at the other parks. On our full day though she opted to change around lunch time.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
Cobern
DIS Veteran

I am guessing I need to bring some of my daughter princess dresses now. She loves getting dressed in them and getting glitter on her nails (scary since she is only 2 almost 3). Oh the fun times we are going to have
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: